Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

got a raise

didn't expect it, really, so, just kind of kept blank expression. I think I should have smiled more and said my 'thank yous' 

=\

left work @ 7:30 and went to play a few pickup bball games after 1 to 2 year hiatus. lungs on fire. 

afterwards went to go get BJs. 

i wish i didn't have dairy allergy ):

got a raise

didn't expect it, really, so, just kind of kept blank expression. I think I should have smiled more and said my 'thank yous' 

=\

left work @ 7:30 and went to play a few pickup bball games after 1 to 2 year hiatus. lungs on fire. 

afterwards went to go get BJs. 

i wish i didn't have dairy allergy ):

thx lobey for raise and BJs.

so it was my friend's kid bro's bday the other nite.  we took him 2 the titty bar.  he was gone for a long time getting a private dance which we all paid for.  as soon as he came out he was saying shit like he wasn't feeling the titty bar anymore and that he wanted to go home and some shit like that.

we hadn't even been there for a hour and half the time he was getting that private dance and i still wanted to see other bitches and get my drink on.  anyway so the girl that had gave him the dance came out on stage.  she was wearing some slutwear one-peice dress.  the same one she had on when they went to the private room in the back.

she was about to do her dance routine when the lighting changed up.  it was like a black light strobe light thingy.   we figured out why my friend's littile bro wanted to go home.  the black lightning revealed all his shot gun spatter jizznut all over her dress and neck.  it's like he hadn't wacked off in a week and saved all the spunk for the stripeclub whore.  

so unprofessional.  with the amount of extra $ we gave her to take care of homeboy she coulda at least swallowed.  she shoulda at least changed her clothes before getting on stage.  not sanitary nor did she think about the feelings of the other patrons.

expand

Expand as in expand on what happened? Well for one Sufu used to be kind or cool or if not cool then at least a place you could find some true otaku shit and at least semi serious discussion of fashion/streetwear. Now it just seems like a bunch of nerds who make fun of /r/malefashionadvice but honestly aren't that different. There still is that element of streetwear otaku ness and I keep coming back but it seems so diminished compared to old Sufu.

And I'm not trying to hate on new members I just don't know what changed. Is there another forum now that's like old Sufu or what?

Expand as in expand on what happened? Well for one Sufu used to be kind or cool or if not cool then at least a place you could find some true otaku shit and at least semi serious discussion of fashion/streetwear. Now it just seems like a bunch of nerds who make fun of /r/malefashionadvice but honestly aren't that different. There still is that element of streetwear otaku ness and I keep coming back but it seems so diminished compared to old Sufu.

And I'm not trying to hate on new members I just don't know what changed. Is there another forum now that's like old Sufu or what?

can you expand on "true otaku shit" and "streetwear otaku ness?"

these can be interpreted in various ways.

I had someone complain to me today that whole foods and mollie stones both have the same vendor for their seafood but wholefood; who most associate with as pricey, charges 12$ versus mollie stones who'd have the same fish for 18$

he sounded very outraged but what he didn't think and I didn't bother explaining, is that while they're both buying from the same source..wholefood has the capacity of buying in larger quantities to lower the price and probably can move the goods faster so all of that is incorporated into their pricing.

ideally the added overhead costs that wholefood has versus mollie stones should even the playing field a little more then that 6$ margin but hey

same thing with sufu--on surface there's a lot you think you see but behind the scenes, things happen that has affected the quality of content on here

with in regards to the economy; that has a huge impact on fashion/clothes..not going to get too history here because when economy is shitty the cuts first to go include public services and education

Well, from what I can see, the otaku-obsessiveness hasn't really diminished just diversified, there's still a wealth of content (whether it's good content is up for debate), just look at most of the threads on super shopper, most of all the visvim and urban techwear threads, or if you're really determined to prove yourself wrong, just about any superdenim thread, if you're looking for the autistic obsession that characterizes otakuness. If you're looking for streetwear specifically, yeah, I think the days of TAPS, Visvim, and Supreme being this forum's bread and butter is long over, but really, like most streetwear, when you're trading on "coolness", there really is a limited lifespan for the brand, and if you want to see people who haven't caught up with that, just look who's still buying it - master, vinneus, etc

Maybe Fuk? Or Care-Tags, but it seems as pre-occupied with "Fashion" in its diverse forms as Superfuture

ppl still hate on ronnel.

imho forum is carried by ppl like vampyr , ednob , mag and sschad who have a finger on pulse of weird japanamica shit that northam ppl like myself like. 

vinneus/master/etc are still carrying the vis torch for what it's worth. 

i think a lot of sufu has fallen off the urbtech cliff and we're hanging out in ACR/urbtech threads, but if you want otaku obsessiveness, just fuckin wade in superdenim, dudes still doin same shit 6 years ago. 

/r/mfa is fine for people who don't go to ends of $$$ for rare pat ervell shit, but i just come here cause it's fun / relax. i don't spend much $ on clothes these days since i'm stuck in business formal shit most of the time. weekends are christos and robes so ymmv. 

can you expand on "true otaku shit" and "streetwear otaku ness?"

these can be interpreted in various ways.

ahhh probably not and thats probably rly my problem. or maybe my problem is that as i've gotten more learned all of the depth of content i preceived in superfuture has diminished.

then again now that i type that i see that its such a dumb thought, becuase obviously no matter how much i know there is so much more that i won't know. but maybe for the majority of sufu i feel more learned about the things that drew me here in the first place, that the parts where i'm obtaining new knowledge about things are gone.

I had someone complain to me today that whole foods and mollie stones both have the same vendor for their seafood but wholefood; who most associate with as pricey, charges 12$ versus mollie stones who'd have the same fish for 18$

he sounded very outraged but what he didn't think and I didn't bother explaining, is that while they're both buying from the same source..wholefood has the capacity of buying in larger quantities to lower the price and probably can move the goods faster so all of that is incorporated into their pricing.

ideally the added overhead costs that wholefood has versus mollie stones should even the playing field a little more then that 6$ margin but hey

same thing with sufu--on surface there's a lot you think you see but behind the scenes, things happen that has affected the quality of content on here

with in regards to the economy; that has a huge impact on fashion/clothes..not going to get too history here because when economy is shitty the cuts first to go include public services and education

Well, from what I can see, the otaku-obsessiveness hasn't really diminished just diversified, there's still a wealth of content (whether it's good content is up for debate), just look at most of the threads on super shopper, most of all the visvim and urban techwear threads, or if you're really determined to prove yourself wrong, just about any superdenim thread, if you're looking for the autistic obsession that characterizes otakuness. If you're looking for streetwear specifically, yeah, I think the days of TAPS, Visvim, and Supreme being this forum's bread and butter is long over, but really, like most streetwear, when you're trading on "coolness", there really is a limited lifespan for the brand, and if you want to see people who haven't caught up with that, just look who's still buying it - master, vinneus, etc

Maybe Fuk? Or Care-Tags, but it seems as pre-occupied with "Fashion" in its diverse forms as Superfuture

yeah. thats probably true. and i'm someone who likes tech stuff so you'd think i'd be more happy. the discussion just seems so centered around a few brands, and it feels like people just devour anything new really quickly, despite quality, or just pass it up. and then, not just for tech stuffs, i guess its on me for not starting threads about things i'm interested in.

ppl still hate on ronnel.

imho forum is carried by ppl like vampyr , ednob , mag and sschad who have a finger on pulse of weird japanamica shit that northam ppl like myself like. 

vinneus/master/etc are still carrying the vis torch for what it's worth. 

i think a lot of sufu has fallen off the urbtech cliff and we're hanging out in ACR/urbtech threads, but if you want otaku obsessiveness, just fuckin wade in superdenim, dudes still doin same shit 6 years ago. 

/r/mfa is fine for people who don't go to ends of $$$ for rare pat ervell shit, but i just come here cause it's fun / relax. i don't spend much $ on clothes these days since i'm stuck in business formal shit most of the time. weekends are christos and robes so ymmv.

superdenim fsho still carries on that legacy of being way too obsessive over minuteae. shit is rad in its applications but just not something i can get behind, and that said i've bought jeans from self edge. its like a weird mirror world of things i want but can't rly care about. maybe just because i feel like daily life is oversaturated with that kind of denim obsession (and i mean obsession in the best possible way) and i got really tired of wearing stiff ass denim after all these years.

i don't know man. i want to respond better/more intelligently to these responses but i have a hard time doing so so i'll just leave it at that for now, as unorganized and terribly written as this post is.

i don't know what would make sufu "better" to me. partially i guess the things i feel have gotten worse haven disappeared just diminished.

Anybody else here really into synthwave/outrun electro?

For those who don't know what that is, a bunch of modern musicians are making songs using 80s inspired sounds and synth to make almost movie soundtrack-ish future-y songs. Think Blade Runner or Terminator.

I've been listening to Futurecop!, Lazerhawk, M|O|O|N, Anoraak, College and Mitch Murder pretty consistently for half a year+ now additionally to my usual music consumption.

Amazing stuff to listen to during a workout or run. My mind just wanders off and goes into space and its great.

http://youtu.be/7t_BMJq1ndI

If you don't, I suggest you give it a try, maybe you'll like it.

Anybody else here really into synthwave/outrun electro?

For those who don't know what that is, a bunch of modern musicians are making songs using 80s inspired sounds and synth to make almost movie soundtrack-ish future-y songs. Think Blade Runner or Terminator.

Honestly there's so much great minimal synth/spacesynth from the 80s that I find all these revivalists really boring and unispired. Same with Post-Punk revivalism - why listen to Franz Ferdinand or Interpol when you can re-listen to the Fall and Public Image Ltd as many times as you want, to say nothing of the thousands of great bands just released an EP on some small label and broke up. Most of the time musical nostalgia just creates inferior retreads.

You might like Chrome Canyon though

today it sunk in that i'm leaving the best job i've ever had and i will really miss my colleagues/family , its fucking awesome when work doesn't feel like work.

'Make something you love your job and you will never work a single day', eh?

Thing is we love a lot of different things. Sometimes we don't even know what we love before we have seen or experienced it.

Maybe you'll love it even more than the previous thing you thought you loved over anything else.

Everything changes, so

Keep your chest high and push forward. Things have a way of working themselves out sometimes.

Good luck

Edited by Hsin8