Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

Cleaning out my wardrobe and I found a box of my old basketball trophies and medals. I've only kept important ones like MVP and state champions (so it's not a very big box huh huh huh) but they're just taking up space so I want to throw them out. Any older posters on here think I will regret that? Or am I falsely forecasting nostalgia?

Cleaning out my wardrobe and I found a box of my old basketball trophies and medals. I've only kept important ones like MVP and state champions (so it's not a very big box huh huh huh) but they're just taking up space so I want to throw them out. Any older posters on here think I will regret that? Or am I falsely forecasting nostalgia?

Contemplate how you will look when you show them to a date. That should answer your question.

You know man, I was just having this conversation. I went to a funeral not too long ago, a friend of my parents, and this guy had accomplished so much...and was proud of it (or his family was I guess), and it really got me thinking about how we don't really accomplish anything unique of helpful to the world around us anymore, and also how we don't really value sharing those accomplishments. Like, my Dad has a whole wall full of shit he's done, diplomas, awards, plaques, certificates, etc...everything from schools to social clubs to charities, and I was like, if I died tomorrow would there be a story to tell? One of any real value or anything documented? I know it's not held in the same regard is it used to be, but people should be proud of this stuff, and not feel weird about putting it on display in a non-garish manner. I'd say hang onto them for a bit longer, and maybe invest a couple bucks in some cool framing/shadowbox thing where it can showcase it in a tasteful way. I've got a small assortment of things I'd like to do the same with at some point.

i dunno man. i was a pretty awesome student in high school, but every time i go home and see all the awards and stuff in my old bedroom, its really embarrassing. mementos and trophies are great, but i think having too much of that stuff around lets you rest on your laurels and stops you from moving forward and trying to get better.

I was walking home and stopped at the Subway near my apartment for dinner. There was one customer in the store, an Asian guy about my age. I open the door and he goes "The store is closed." and I'm like "uhhhh...ok" and walk out, sketched out. In the window I see the employees handing him all the cash.

My phone was dead so I couldn't call the cops. I wonder if I was like morally obligated to do more, but my rationale was that by the time I actually accomplished something the robbery would already be over. Hmmmm

I was walking home and stopped at the Subway near my apartment for dinner. There was one customer in the store, an Asian guy about my age. I open the door and he goes "The store is closed." and I'm like "uhhhh...ok" and walk out, sketched out. In the window I see the employees handing him all the cash.

My phone was dead so I couldn't call the cops. I wonder if I was like morally obligated to do more, but my rationale was that by the time I actually accomplished something the robbery would already be over. Hmmmm

Asian dude robbing a clothing store? #insidejob