Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

i don't get supreme. esp now that it seems more widely known/worn.

downtown ny skate culture, the collaborations and licencing works from good artists are both all well and good, it is just that there was always a sense that the people wearing it are excited to move from rip curl, billabong up to some logowear that was a little more exclusive.

more and more around auckland i see random people with the box logo on, and the absolute truth is they mostly seem to be the same people rocking monster energy drink gear.

if i think back to 1990 i was totally stoked on stussy i guess i get it somewhat. i wonder if everyone grows out of flagrant label bashery and towards more sophisticated appreciation of design and construction.

^yeah most of the hype surrounding supreme is the box logo. Most kids only want the box logo clothing. they don't actually appreciate the cut and sew pieces. Which in my opinion is the best part of the brand. fuk a box logo

^cut&sew pieces? lolwut

supreme was all about that nyc skate scene that no one outside of ny knew about until skate/sneaker culture finally had a kid and named it clientele. i dont think most patrons have ever thought about the box logo

no more jawns. money is now going towards a custom yamaha sr500

yesss. do it. I want to do a xs650 hardtail so bad.

I just respect Supreme as a legendary skateshop. But thats as far as that goes. When I used to see people in supreme, i just always expected them to be really heavy into skating. not so much anymore.

Edited by dovo

so i kinda weirded myself out yesterday. i bought my 9 year old nephew some new jeans, he is kinda chubby so it's a size 28. my mom saw em and told me, 'you've lost alot of weight this past year, i bet you could fit into those' i told her i doubt it. so i went and tried them on and they fit! this is insane to me cause at my heaviest i wore a 40 waist, so fitting into a 28 makes me think maybe i should put on a little weight. but maybe not.

so i kinda weirded myself out yesterday. i bought my 9 year old nephew some new jeans, he is kinda chubby so it's a size 28. my mom saw em and told me, 'you've lost alot of weight this past year, i bet you could fit into those' i told her i doubt it. so i went and tried them on and they fit! this is insane to me cause at my heaviest i wore a 40 waist, so fitting into a 28 makes me think maybe i should put on a little weight. but maybe not.

I was super skinny a few years ago and fit into my cousins 00 girls jeans. dark times indeed.