Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

I've often wondered that myself, and I hope they don't. Otherwise, the defense lawyers would be lying out of their fucking ass to knowingly set a guilty man/woman free, and would further reinforce the notion that (some...most) lawyers are scum.

it's not about being scum, it's about the notion that everyone, regardless of whether or not you believe them to be guilty or innocent, is deserving of a fair trial. if you believe the individual you are defending to be guilty you defend them to the best of your ability and trust that the judicial system will ultimately prevail (i.e. that the individual will be found guilty).

this being said, I'm sure there are lawyers that have been actually confessed to by clients and defended them anyway. I don't know about in America, but I'm fairly certain that in Canada such confessions are protected by client confidentiality and as a result they can't say jack - though I'm sure some lawyers would refuse to take such cases. (I've heard that lawyers who squeal on their clients can be disbarred, but that's just through the grapevine.)

this seems pretty legit and mostly confirms what i was thinking - http://www.llrx.com/features/wrongfulconvictionconfidentiality.htm

you're under no obligation to snitch - just the opposite is the case, unless another individual will go down for the crime

Yeah, just did a 5 minutes read up online and it seems the main point is to protect citizens from being unjustly imprisoned. "… it is better one hundred guilty Persons should escape than that one innocent Person should suffer." Thus the need to present it to a jury and call upon the state(?) to procure sufficient evidence against the client "beyond a reasonable doubt".

The client confidentiality agreement is such a mindfuck though. The accused would never admit such acts to a lawyer without it, but because it exists, the client can admit his guilt all the while the laywer is bound by the contract to stay quiet.

So my cell phone contract with AT&T is up in a few weeks, and I'm thinking about switching to Verizon for several reasons. First, Verizon gives employees of my company a 20% discount and second, the service is better where I work.

I've been on my parents' family talk for the last few years and have just paid them for whatever I use, plus the cost for internet through AT&T, which was $30 I think.

Anyone have any pros and cons of each to share? Does Verizon have unlimited with the iPhone? And about how much is a typical "iphone" plan through Verizon?

I have an iPhone through verizon, unlimited data package is $30 on top of a standard smart phone plan which is $80, I think i have like 700 talk minutes and I don't ever go over them

whats the furthest you'd drive (each way) for a guaranteed good time?

Im debating a 3 hour excursion this weekend. Girl is the viet w/fakes for both my fans who've been following me

1.5 each way? maybe if she was korean (5)

whats the furthest you'd drive (each way) for a guaranteed good time?

Im debating a 3 hour excursion this weekend. Girl is the viet w/fakes for both my fans who've been following me

3 hours each way or 3 hours total? 3 hours each way is pushing it for fakies, but if you're going to post some pics then it seems completely reasonable.

Just broke up with my du on the 1 year mark, going to Puerto Rico with my best friend in six weeks woo hoo

and applying for internships in Shanghai and Beijing tomorrow

and getting my electric zoo tickets, life's looking good