Denim Repair

obsessis

OH NO! my rivets are starting to pop out!..

_IGP2089.jpg

My right pocket was worse so I only repaired that one..

_IGP2088.jpg

The Final result..

_IGP2100.jpg

Too bad the LVC contest starts in a week these are starting to get some character

my need of repairs forced me to learn how to use a sewing machine. this is my first try, so nothing special :D

crotch hole:

S7302789.jpg

repair:

S7302790.jpg

cut off some of an old pair of 501 stfs for the patch

S7302791.jpg

generally, is the zigzag supposed to be closer together?? am i supposed to overlap a lot?

• 2 weeks later...

imgp1184.jpg

Further updates to the repairs on my Samurai S5000BK x Crate James IV. Thanks Sybaritical for the suggestion about how to repair my hems. I think they turned out pretty good:

s5000bk091212comparison.jpg

Above are most of the repairs I've done so far - back pocket and hems - all with denim from an old pair of Crates. Below are some closer pictures:

s5000bk0912121.jpg

s5000bk0912122.jpg

s5000bk0912123.jpg

And a close up of the pocket repair. I completely fucked up the size and placement of my first patch... and tried to recover with a second patch over the first one. I think it turned out okay:

s5000bk0912124.jpg

Question on Crotch repair:

I know it's more or less not a good idea to use thick denim to make a repair on the inside of the dungarees because over time it'll eventually pop out. But, is the same true of using thick denim to repair the crotch area on the outside of the pants?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3320/3341784192_18b086b0e7.jpg

Absolutely love this repair.

just a micro-style note: during the transition from 'hard mods' to skinheads period, 1968 -69 I'd say, (least ways in the north of England where I was), there was a micro fashion for stitching soft leather piping to trim the pockets of your 501s in the way the Cotton Duck has in this repair.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My name is Robert Schaeffer and I have run Denim Doctors for almost 4 years. I have left and started my own company that does all the denim repair and alteration on site in a huge store on Sunset Blvd. I also am set up to do start to finish denim manufacturing on site. Denim Doctors is a great company that I helped re-build so if you love them then stay with them. But if you know me through dealing with me I want to let everybody know where I am at. I have all the chain stiching machines, invisible repair machines, bar tacking equipment etc.. i don't post ever so this is a one time thing for me. I carry the same deal that all SUFU customers pay no shipping going back and will have 10% off all repairs and alterations. Email or contact me for more info, thanks.

Schaeffers Garment Hotel & The Denim Repair Shop

7517 W. Sunset Blvd

Los Angeles, CA 90046

P: 323-798-4310

[email protected]

www.schaeffersgarmenthotel.com ( site will be published on 1/23/10)

x-post from denime contest:

DSC05696.jpg

^so in the last weeks i had to repair more stitches on my pocket and lately i recognized this on the inside of my back rise:

DSC05686.jpgDSC05688.jpg

the outside still looked quite ok, though:

DSC05689.jpg

so i decided to restitch the whole backrise today:

DSC05690.jpg

half way through me fingers hurt like hell. i had to tape them:

DSC05691.jpg

after a sewing marathon (didn´t have enough orange thread in the end, so i used grey one):

DSC05692.jpgDSC05693.jpgDSC05697.jpg

still think that somethng is wrong with the stitching on my pair. if not i´d have to say, that the quality is pretty bad and i still don´t want to believe that. well i hope everything is fine now for the next weeks...

DSC05699.jpg