Options for Buying Japanese Denim

Customs charges in the UK are so expensive partly because the carrier (DHL, UPS, Royal mail etc) charge handling fees on top of the customs charges. These run from about $16 to $30. You also have to pay fees on the value including shipping for some reason and the fees are VAT 17.5% and an import duty on commercial goods over $36 or gifts over $90 I think.

Kiya, I'd be careful about labelling packages and admitting to that because I think it can carry heavy fines.

Customs charges in the UK are so expensive partly because the carrier (DHL, UPS, Royal mail etc) charge handling fees on top of the customs charges. These run from about $16 to $30. You also have to pay fees on the value including shipping for some reason and the fees are VAT 17.5% and an import duty on commercial goods over $36 or gifts over $90 I think.

Tell me, how the hell they know what to charge? We have to pay 22% VAT and 13% import duty. It's like this: (Item price + shipping) * VAT * import duty. So its almost 38% extra. But it's customers responsibility to present the documents to customs. That's why I never buy expensive shit from outside EU... ;)

i finally got a reply from customs about my charges and it seems they are correct.

the ems package lists the price i paid for the item and its shipping, to that they added 12% import duty and then charged 17.5% vat onto the whole thing including the import duty cost, plus a £13.50 handling charge from parcelforce.

im really worried about this now, my next pair of jeans are between £120 and £180 so they could cost me an extra £70

you don't want to try them on before you buy?

if you lived in NY you wouldn't get them from BiG?

you dont want to avoid the risk of the above import taxes?

i dont understand....

You can't understand that people would want something to remain exclusive?

i can understand people may want the exclusivity but them being available in the same geographical region doesn't mean they will not be exclusive

the exclusivity comes from the way you wear them, regardless of where/how they were bought

jeans are/can be worn by everyone, they are inclusive

if it's just about the brand then just jump ship, buy some other 'exclusive' apparel

I like the fact that they are not widely available among many other features of samurai. The fact that they will be available in the EU, no doubt for a hugely inflated price will only increase their appeal to hype beasts.

Look at Evisu in the UK andthe history of the brand build up here... They started off only being available in a couple of shops in London as imports, then built up to what they are now. The chavviest of chavvy brand here. And the downfall of Bathing ape, which started off unknown and unavailable and is now all over the place.

I like the fact that I am wearing jeans unknown to most. It has nothing to do with branding because they have very little of it. And notice I did not use the word exclusive, because that is not what they are, anyone can buy them if they know what to look for. These are not a queue up overnight dunk.

i think your fear of the hypebeasts is a little late, just look at how many newer members have migrated over from sneaker forums recently, the process began a while ago.

Evisu is still a respected brand, it's just the EU gear, mainly, that is seen as lower quality than the JP, as can be seen in the Evo thread. I doubt Samurai will be opening a direct EU operation for some time yet. Whats to say if they did the jeans wouldn't be as good anyway? Optimistic i know but we live in hope....

I'm not even going to go in to the whole bape thing except its working out exactly as the owner wanted (anyone remember the bape chain of hotels?)

As far as pricing goes the japanese industry works on a much lower mark up than those in the west which is reflected in the prices you see in such places as BiG and SF, i'm sure no one would put their prices that much higher than those.

I have no real argument with you directly, i'm just happy i'll be able to try on and not get stung by taxes i wasnt expecting. I dont see it as anything bad at all to be honest.

いつもお世話になっております。2ND(セカンド)です。

本日発送の方をさせていただいたので

ご連絡させていただきますね。

EMS 国際スピード郵便

荷物番号 EI353340786JP

になります。

これからも簡単便利な2ND(セカンド)通販の

ご利用をお待ちしております!!

それでは失礼します。

Does this means it is shipped and thats the tracking #?

いつもお世話になっております。2ND(セカンド)です。

本日発送の方をさせていただいたので

ご連絡させていただきますね。

EMS 国際スピード郵便

荷物番号 EI353340786JP

になります。

これからも簡単便利な2ND(セカンド)通販の

ご利用をお待ちしております!!

それでは失礼します。

Does this means it is shipped and thats the tracking #?

yes mate! it is on its way give or take 3 days

does 2nd still ship internationally? its not linkified int he original post, not sure if it still is. and do they ship flathead internationally specifically canada? i read that they will no longer ship flathead internationally, just wanted a confirmation.

Hi Jerems, 2nd does infact ship overseas! Can't answer the Flathead question, HOWEVER, you can go through a proxy for a couply more bux.

PS: Fuck you faggot, u smell like shit. GOOD BYE.

PSS: I did not need a postal code when I ordered off of vari, Purolator delivered it with no custom fees.

Hi Jerems, 2nd does infact ship overseas! Can't answer the Flathead question, HOWEVER, you can go through a proxy for a couply more bux.

PS: Fuck you faggot, u smell like shit. GOOD BYE.

PSS: I did not need a postal code when I ordered off of vari, Purolator delivered it with no custom fees.

define couple... lol.