Jump to content
Westbrook

Acronym.

Recommended Posts

Quick question. This is the hem toggle on the right right side of j1a-gt2.2. Is there a way to fix this spring? the spring exposed is what it should be but the spring seems to have lost its tension completely somehow and is in the open position that is shown. 
 

i have to manually pull it out to tighten. 
~Lefty

35F29D7D-1F67-4EA9-8E2A-65DC8AB0C891.jpeg

42A4AA9E-8C03-43ED-92B0-1D4D54F0B561.jpeg

Edited by LeftyJeenyus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@LeftyJeenyus maybe the spring wasn’t seated correctly and needs to be rotated towards its base or on the post. If you have a fine pair of needle nose pliers you can grip it, compress it slightly and hope you can reseat it. 

I don’t have a J1A but I can check my J1E. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, frenchbulldog said:

humble j1e flex by señor quality control lmao

How do you know someone is an engineer...they’ll tell you without asking. 

lol

I’m just chiming in because I’m over here staring at excel and debating if I should frisbee my computer  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a first world gripe if there ever was one...

J68-PL owners: are any of you experiencing a minor but annoying 'snag' or 'catch' when removing your hands from the jacket pockets? the cuff tightener on the jacket has c.5mm of fabric that doesn't have velcro on it, so doesn't fasten neatly at the end. and it catches every. damn. time. I remove my hands from the jacket pockets. it actually makes it reasonably difficult to remove my hands on occasion. ha.

maybe I need to buy some gloves... or maybe I need lower expectations... but as a guy who cycles pretty much everywhere - and needs to access pockets on the move - it's actually weirdly dangerous :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mikon_nikon said:

a first world gripe if there ever was one...

J68-PL owners: are any of you experiencing a minor but annoying 'snag' or 'catch' when removing your hands from the jacket pockets? the cuff tightener on the jacket has c.5mm of fabric that doesn't have velcro on it, so doesn't fasten neatly at the end. and it catches every. damn. time. I remove my hands from the jacket pockets. it actually makes it reasonably difficult to remove my hands on occasion. ha.

maybe I need to buy some gloves... or maybe I need lower expectations... but as a guy who cycles pretty much everywhere - and needs to access pockets on the move - it's actually weirdly dangerous :wacko:

I don't own J68 so can't comment on that jacket. But I have the same issue with J47 when I take my hands out of the pockets - there's a slight snag on the way out because the zipper isn't sewn completely on the edges and it interacts with the sleeve velcro. First world problem, but problem nonetheless! J1A has no issues though cause the zipper is sewn on the edges.

 

To chime in on the MiC conversation - The zipper track on my J1A 2.2 was all dinged up and jagged (as if they used a zipper that was rejected and didn't pass QC) when I received it brand new.  Didn't want to make a big fuss about it at the time. But figured I'd add my experiences into the mix..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The velcro being caught issue is definitely the type of feedback I think they would appreciate if you DM'd or @ one of the design staff especially since the team is pretty focused on pumping out improved iterations of their products. Even if it's not everyone having the issue, there's still something that could be fixed there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm convinced acr is aware of this specific downside of self-fabric cuffs with sewn on velcro and keeps using them because they prefer the aesthetic.

almost all high end brands use laminated and die-cut cuffs for this very reason, but the self fabric cuffs have that retro/military vibe they're after.

it's also why you (almost) never see adjustable cuffs on veilance pieces -  they use stretch cuffs and gaiters. 

Edited by Inkinsurgent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im a lil surprised they dont use RIRI but then again that probably would jack up cost even more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, knucks said:

Im a lil surprised they dont use RIRI but then again that probably would jack up cost even more. 

Not gonna pretend I know the whole RiRi catalog, but I suspect this is a design/association choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My zip knowledge is also pretty limited from when I worked for burton but the riri aqua zip is superb. It’s what they use on burton Ak line. Great as an exposed main zip, but quite chunky - a very different look to say, the reverse coil ykk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ykk aquaguard zips and velcro cuffs references back to E's time at Burton in the 2000's. as for ykk i'm certain it's a longtime supplier relationship that's been built since those days

zippered sleeve pockets for snow passes, built-in leg cuff gaiter, floating/detached pockets, self fabric velcro cuffs etc all these design choices being used today are references from his time making snowboarding gear (in addition to the military references ofc). this is what makes acronym, acronym

 

i would imagine them taking stroll to their giant closet and just have a field day on which features to reinterpret and re-contextualize for the next season *drools*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2020 at 5:24 AM, iamundying said:

It's amazing that what started as a minor quip on the alignment of logo tape has turned into a full blown expose on MiC quality all of a sudden.

Keep these reports coming in guys. I remember only good reviews of the P30A when they came out last year so @zoobre's situation comes as a shock.

I remember the J63a auxzip fiasco in 2018, but don't remember a QC issue of this scale even for MiC products.

 

My main complaints surround zippers. I have a J63a and I had to develop a ritual when zipping it up to avoid jamming it. I wasn't on this forum back in 18 so I wasn't aware that it was a common problem. My J83-WS has an equally annoying zipper, but for different reasons. If I take my time and I am really precise in zipping, it's not a problem. If I am in a hurry is a guaranteed jam!

These are both YKK zippers. They are the biggest zipper company in the world but they are sure producing some crappy product.

Sometimes Acronym uses zippers from an Italian company (the name escapes me now but they are no better!) I have a J46-FO coat and I have jammed that zipper many times!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@RoofmannRaccagni is the Italian one.

On 12/5/2020 at 7:09 AM, dranoelsy said:

ykk aquaguard zips and velcro cuffs references back to E's time at Burton in the 2000's. as for ykk i'm certain it's a longtime supplier relationship that's been built since those days

zippered sleeve pockets for snow passes, built-in leg cuff gaiter, floating/detached pockets, self fabric velcro cuffs etc all these design choices being used today are references from his time making snowboarding gear (in addition to the military references ofc). this is what makes acronym, acronym

 

i would imagine them taking stroll to their giant closet and just have a field day on which features to reinterpret and re-contextualize for the next season *drools*

That’s an interesting take on the pant cuff gaiter. I always considered it a ninja/kung fu leg wrap reference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beepy said:

@RoofmannRaccagni is the Italian one.

That’s an interesting take on the pant cuff gaiter. I always considered it a ninja/kung fu leg wrap reference.

Thanks! That’s the one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, scamster said:

was that a full size run, only xl left?

 

L and XL in both multicolors, 2 jackets in each size.

Edited by Kamikaze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2020 at 10:19 PM, Archival said:

great video + review!

what size are you wearing ? also, what's your height ?

I've been on the fence with which color to get but I'm sold on the raf now lol

Thanks! I'm wearing Medium at 176cm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking for an ID check on this belt. Anyone have any ideas? image.thumb.png.39902f50ae1fab65fdb119ead0d10a4e.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now