Samurai, Sugarcane, Oni Denim in NYC!!!!

savage

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This question occurred to me while I was reading all these posts about shrinking raw denim jeans: Would/do any of you do the same thing to the jackets? i.e. soak, wear 'til dry, starch at the crook of the arm for honeycombing?

This question occurred to me while I was reading all these posts about shrinking raw denim jeans: Would/do any of you do the same thing to the jackets? i.e. soak, wear 'til dry, starch at the crook of the arm for honeycombing?

You could. This is my Nudie Conny jacket. Not terribly far along since I got it in spring and it's going to be too hot to wear for a while. I'd imagine a Japanese denim jacket would be amazing though.

nudiejacket072606.jpg

Sorry for getting off topic.

Niiice!

I know you could, but has anybody actually done it? Would there be a problem because you'd have to wear something underneath that'd change thickness, like a long sleeved shirt, a sweater or something?

If you get a jacket from a Japanese brand the denim will most likely not be sanforized, so you might want to do a warm soak first. I got a japanese repro a while ago but I'm not going to soak it because I like how the raw denim looks and I think it looks better in a jacket. I will dry clean or cold soak it when it's needed. If you want a cheap 1st type repro you can get one from FreeBee. Pics and links here

http://repeattofade.blogspot.com/2006/07/fbj-101.html

Hey! horribly, that's the jacket I wanted! I tried google translate, on a Mac (if that makes a difference) and even google's stumped. A lot of question marks. How close it the image in your blog to the one in the site? Color-wise, I meant to say

Hey! horribly, that's the jacket I wanted! I tried google translate, on a Mac (if that makes a difference) and even google's stumped. A lot of question marks. How close it the image in your blog to the one in the site? Color-wise, I meant to say

it's pretty close. check the link to the store too. It's like a blue with a tiny, tiny amount of grey in it, it's not completely blue when raw. Of course the color depends on the light too.

If you order through bid-service it will cost you about $193, if you order directly from the store it will be about $150.

Darn tootin!!! I have done it with my type 2. The crooks of the arms are lookin good. I even have a nice wear mark in the left breast pocket.

btw, guys, BiG has a sample of a distressed pair of samurai 505's.

a couple things i noticed.

a) the zipper buckling is practically non-existant. i don't know how they did it, but the samurai 505's don't get zipper buckling.

B) the denim is so beautiful and soft once it's distressed and hardwashed. there is a reason why samurai is known for it's beautiful wearing--it's because the denim can withstand heavy duty wear. very, very nice. although the raw denim starts out super-stiff, it becomes very, very soft and comfortable.

c) the denim retains a lot of it's color. even though the amount of hot washing had to have been high to achieve such shrinkage and softness, the denim still was pretty dark.

if you are in the area, definitely stop by to take a look at the hard-washed samurai 505s. you'll gain a new appreciation for samurai. i sure did.

hey rnr, who makes the type 2 that you have?

I have an LVC version. I don't know which year it is though. I bought it off ebay for $100 brand new. I couldn't pass it up.

too bad AB Fits isn't overflowing with dope Japan denim. (Although they used to carry Dope + Drakkar!)

the North Beach one doesn't have a ringer either :P

I was in the lower Grant store today, and they have a new batch of Dope + Drakkar, without the Levi-attorney-attracting tab on the back pocket. The denim felt really nice. No coin pocket selvedge or hidden rivets, though, and they were pricey; I can't remember if it was $275 or $325. They also had a bunch of Rag & Bone RB6B and RB6S and some Paul Smith Red Ear 55% linen/45% cotton.

hey guys, they have a bunch of new Warehouse in.

they have the legendary 1000XX and the 1001XX, both in one-wash.

they also have the 10th anniversary natural indigo version of the 1000XX, in raw.

they have two distressed jeans, the Lot 660 M-1 and M-2. the M-1 is a hard wash and the M-2 is a super hard wash.

check them out if you are in the area.

That place changes stock fast. They had these cool over-alls with leather shoulder straps and they only had one left. No more wallets or the Type 2 raw denim repros when I went this Sunday.

Of course, I'm assuming all the stock was up front...

Oh, Gordon't the nicest shopkeep ever. Don't know anybody else who'd try and convinve you to wear something just to try it on and not buy it.

are the 660s the dubbleworks by any chance? the ones that use the same denims as 1000XXs? but low rise and slim fit? and if they are, why are they doing this to me?

if the answer to this question is "yes" then I want to see pictures!