ande whall contest thread

aleopold

I have always found it interesting when the top of the track is polished and the rest of the iron is rusty.

DSCN2931.jpg

More scenery

DSCN2938.jpg

From under the bridge

DSCN2939-1.jpg

On the Ande front. Washed the jeans last night. About 5 minutes mild agitation, Nellies Soda and woolite. Soaked in Hot and rinsed in Hot. Shrinkage is back to original measurements. Will post pics of evo sometime this week.

Was up early this morning helping my wife with some Easter party baking. A little tough with a Beechwood aged hangover but I made it through...should stick with Scotch or Stouts and Ales but sometimes a good domestic like Bud is great sitting around with some of the...(do I say it) BUDS!!!.

Mom and my oldest are at the Party now, Baby and I are listening to Symphony Hall on Sirius. Earlier I took some evo pics in the sun.

DSCN2968.jpg

Sunlight really gets the whiskers to pop.

DSCN2969.jpg

I'm noticing alot more thigh fade progression with these.

DSCN2970-1.jpg

Thought I would have better combs by now. My wife tells me I lay around too much so maybe that is why.

DSCN2972-1.jpg

So that is my update. They have had one initial hot soak with no detergent; one hot soak with some Dr. Bronners, Nellies Soda and mild hand agitation; and one Hot wash with Nellies, Woolite (reg), mild machine agitation and a Hot rinse.

Still waiting on the T's but as I have alluded to before Canada Customs can waste alot of time inspecting the most benign package. They do look great, thanks again Lewey and thanks Groove for posting the fit pics etc.

following this thread the last months.

there's only a handful of guys posting but nice evo so far, keep on wearing! this denim is amazing!

sadly i missed getting a pair but i got a nice tee at least, not only the butterfly loves it! so cool.

thank you chris. :)

12506043.8221e6a2.1024.jpg

So here are some pics of my progress, I think I've gotta wash em now, because they smell like death.

I had to make a couple of repairs, and then repair my repairs, I was thinking of patching those holes on the pocket, but they don't seem to be ripping open any more than they already are.

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

Just put in my 2 weeks notice. New job starting up soon, but unfortunately it will mean no more jeans at the office for me...

Is it worth it Robot?? speaking from the standpoint of a Casual Friday only Jeans wearer. Office attire sucks.

I'll find out soon! Definitely not looking forward to the business casual life, but the increase in pay should ease the pain.

Go for some rogue territory trousers... You will love

Great updates everyone, glad to see most of you have received your t shirts and are wearing them! (love the photo with the butterfly nietenhosen). I've been a bit slack and haven't been doing much recently, apart from heading down to the New Zealand Beer Festival a couple of weekends ago. It was held at the 'cloud' which was a venue built on the Auckland waterfront for the Rugby World Cup last year.

Also, a couple of days ago, I soaked my pair for the 3rd time - will hopefully post up some evolution pics over the next week or so.

Some beers we tried were:

West Coast: Blonde

Mikes: Pilsner, Vanilla Porter and Coffee Porter

Yeastie Boys: Rex Attitude

Emmerson's: Bird Dog Pale Ale

Hopwired: #8 IPA

Tuatara: Pilsner

Wigram: Mustang Pale Ale

Hallertau: Statesman

1/ Inside of the cloud packed with happy beer drinkers.

2/ A snapshot of round 4 (beers listed above).

3/ The outside area looking back towards the city where the food and 'big-brewery' beer tents were.

4/ AW Buffalo and Jordan 3's still going strong.

5/ I took a photo of the view from my hotel room the next morning (Waitamata Harbour), so i'd remember it as i was a little hung-over. (The Cloud is just out of shot, to the left)

awcontestbeerfest.jpg

Lewey - NZ beer festival is very similar to Brew Fest in Portland, Oregon. Nothing better than nice weather, good people and an endless supply and variety of beer to drink. Great update, makes me thirsty. I may have to stop and pick up a few tonight.

Your post and watching Barney's Version have given me a nackering for beer, scotch and cigars.

I'm thinking my next wash might not come for a long time as the faded areas are now turning a greyish brown (from dirt) and I'm really digging it. It's also starting to actually feel like Summer here 28 C/ 82 F. Will post pics of the color tomorrow.

what up, fooz. today i went for the usual on my day off-- time with the ladyfriend going on the tobacco trail from my neighborhood to downtown durham. one of these days i'll stop and take pics along the way. it's hard to stop and snap pics, even if you're going at a leisurely pace.

IMG_3623.jpg

IMG_3607.jpg

IMG_3609.jpg

panini: rapini, sweet Italian sausage, roasted garlic, and asiago fresco. soup: garlic and potato cream

IMG_3606.jpg

I am soo jealous Groove!!! We don't have a professional baseball team here anymore and I am jonesing big time. Nothing better than sitting in the sun watching baseball. The fam might hit a Mariners game this summer when we go to Portland, OR.

Canada became an independent kingdom in 1867 under the "british North america act". Britain retained limited political control until 1982 when the Constitution act patriated the Canadian constitution. So no longer a colony in that sense.

as far as cricket goes there are a few clubs north of here in Calgary and I'm sure in the East but it (cricket) has never established itself with any furvor here in Southern Alberta.

i'd like to watch a cricket game at some point. instead of cheering, do fans chirp? *rimshot*

if you can't make a mariners game, you should check out the portland sea dogs-- they're a double-a team. as you already know, tix are so much cheaper at minor league games, and ton of fun for the fam.

Edited by grooveholmes