ande whall contest thread

aleopold

The Sea Dogs are Portland, Maines AA team. Unfortunately, the Portland, Oregon team (San Diego - Padres affiliate) was sold in 2010? I think. Now the old PGE park is called Jeld Wen park and is home to the Portland Timbers MLS. Not a fan of soccer so I keep hoping they will get another minor league baseball team.

The Sea Dogs are the Boston Red Sox affiliate. Last Mariners game the fam went to was Red Sox vs Mariners.

I've done it too groove. Portland, Maine has a beer festival in the summer and I actually quoted my wife the dates to book a holiday around. Luckily our guy at the hotel asked her why we were coming then as we usually come for "Brew Fest". Confusion ensued until I looked again.

On the Ande front, Jeans are in the shop until Wednesday. The seamstress will be using some of the fabric Ande sent me to put a triangular reinforcement from middle seam to leg seam. It should look similar to that found on CPO pants (I hope) as that was the reference I used. Will see. So I've been rotating my jeans here. Wore the OG Roy's yesterday to stack wood in the rain that then turned to snow. I sure do Love the Cone denim he used when he was still selling from his website.

Sugar Cane x Self Edge today to put together a new BBQ and groceries. Giving some attention to denim that has been in retirement since starting the Ande contest.

Maynard, you guys have been doing really well in the old Cricket over the last few years. Have you been to Lords for a match? Always wanted to see a game at Lords. Would also love to see a game of Ice Hockey or Football, looks pretty cool. Last Cricket match I saw was a bit of a dud, it was NZ vs a World team, the only consolation was getting to chant, warnie's a wanker with the whole crowd...I love warnie though...he's ace.

Cheers Ande, I've seen England play at both Lords and the Oval (Lords is only a few miles from my home) and even though I'm not a massive cricket fan I loved it. When I was living in Wellington last year, I hoped to go to a match at the Basin Reserve but didn't quite make it, although I did get to see the Sevens at the Cake Tin - quite a sight!

Football-wise, I've seen lots of matches around the country. I had a season ticket for West Ham until a couple of years ago when my partner and I finally became outnumbered by our kids and it just wasn't possible to go regularly anymore. Hopefully we'll be getting promoted back to the Premier league via the playoffs - final will be at Wembley - you can see the arch from my bedroom window.

Can't get too excited about the Olympics though right now...

Hey Maynard, cool man, sounds like a great location to live. My best chick friend is a westham supporter. Most of my friends either live in Australia or England, so most are football fans. When I was over a couple of years ago I stayed at my buddies house in Swiss Cottage, just up the road from Lords...it was a hectic trip, all over the place, so didn't really check if there was a game on.

Man the olympics will be nuts right, London is fairly busy as it is! Is it going to take you longer to get around?

Edit: Yeah the Cake tin is awesome. Went for the first time a while back, lads trip to see ACDC.

Edited by andewhall

jeans back from the shop. Used some of the denim ANde had sent. I chose to not soak it as I wanted to see if this would have any effect on the jean. Might be an experiment I will regret or could be neat. Anyways pics of the repair.

baa3e147.jpg

Close up of the patch and stitching

24e8095f.jpg

Inside view - note raw unwashed denim patch - very rigid compared to the jeans now after a few soaks

bb319e2b.jpg

The left over denim

24a411d9.jpg

Sorry for the lack of updates. Transition between jobs, so it's been a bit busy. Here's some shots from the past few weeks:

tZGFp.jpg

The best italian sandwich in Brooklyn. The owner was busted a few months back for mob activities, but thankfully they are still open.

LUVRJ.jpg

central park on a spring day

nVp1x.jpg?1

view of Manhattan on my bike ride home from work

gNGOZ.jpg

This budgie was hanging outside my kitchen window this week.

yPODt.jpg

went to see we were promised jetpacks

Kjfu5.jpg

bocce ball/picnic/excuse to get drunk at a local park known colloquially as hipster beach

LFCJz.jpg

the park is in a polish neighborhood, so I picked up some tasty kielbasa to grill up

BOc2C.jpg

dick shot

MUqy5.jpg

a wheatpaste by buffmonster i spotted today

So....The Updates have been Good Guys - Sorry for my Long Absence!

Prior to Heading off to Canada at the end of March I Shot some Pictures of my Aw's on Brighton Beach.

at this stage they were; Approx 4 Month Daily Wear - 1 Cold Soak/ 1 Hot Wash+Tumble/ 1 Warm Soak.

Beach

dscf2139%20copy.jpg

AWCS's

dscf2140%20copy.jpg

dscf2142%20copy.jpg

dscf2144%20copy.jpg

dscf2148%20copy.jpg

These shots are all Pre-Travel - and therefore about 7 weeks of hard wear behind the current state of the jeans. Since then they had another Cold soak in New Brunswick, and have started to fade like crazy and have the beginnings of holes in the cuffs.

A full Denim/Travel update to follow - when i get the camera back from the Misuses.

P.S. The T-shirt is great Chris - Thanks a lot :)

Took some photos on Mothers Day weekend. First one: I had to work on Saturday and ran across this Buffalo farm. Tried as best I could to get a good pick...this wasn't it!!

492a634d.jpg

Made up for the work by having some good IPA!!

69f008a7.jpg

The Duke had a few too many Bud's!!

85f80360.jpg

Smoke BBq'd some Pork chops and Ribs for Mothers Day Dinner

36f0df3f.jpg

Tried to get a good shot of the vertical fades on the thigh

d5685fbd.jpg

Two kids and a dog are helping me burn through the knees pretty quick. Also shows the vertical fading nicely.

e9126210.jpg

Great updates, fellas. I went home to VA this weekend for mother's day. I try to take the train as often as I can-- it gives me a chance to read/study/relax/see america/save on fuel costs.

IMG_3671.jpg

American graffiti.

IMG_1807.jpg

I sat across the way from this nice lady, and later ended up sitting next to her. She was on her way from charlotte to washington dc for a small ceremony at the vietnam memorial. One of her relatives recently passed away and had served over there. Apparently, they've amended the requirements to include veterans who have died from injuries received during the war or have dealt w/chronic health issues throughout their lives as a result of service in the war.

IMG_3673.jpg

Korean food. Ox tail soup and pork belly meat (similar to bacon) were the culinary highlights.

IMG_3680.jpg

IMG_3691.jpg

Got to hang out a bit at the Quantico train station with my pops for a little bit before returning.

IMG_3728.jpg

Military standards of dress over the years. 1810 - 1834 - 1900 - 1917-18

IMG_3729.jpg

Vintage military steez

IMG_3727.jpg

IMG_3725.jpg

Chillin' in my Ande's. The train was 45 minutes late; a typical occurrence b/c Amtrak actually "leases" tracks from the freight companies, so they have to yield to freight traffic. Ah well. Better late than never.

quantico.jpg

Went to a local Guatemalan restaurant for lunch. Chuchito to start.

be704064.jpg

Soft corn tortillas with Chorizo and Longganiza.

3b8974b9.jpg

Served with homemade salsa verde, cilantro and white onion. Sometimes you can't beat simplicity.

80499a75.jpg

A while back I went to see Atmosphere live in concert. Once again, I wasn't overly familiar with his stuff (I knew a couple of his songs) but some friends were big fans so it was a good excuse to get out and see some live music and he put on a pretty damn good show!

Unfortunately all but 2 of my photos from the night were corrupt so thats what you can see.

Last weekend I joined a few of my mates and competed in a 48 hour film challenge. http://www.v48hours.co.nz/2012/

The team has been doing it for 6 years and this was my second with them (the team was given a special 'most consistently perverse team' award last year). We got Horror as our genre but our movies have always been quite humorous so it was more of a horror-spoof. I'll post a link once we're allowed to upload it.

1/ Atmosphere in focus shot.

2/ Atmosphere out of focus shot.

3/ Poster design for 'The Pitch' (designed by yours truly)

4/ Jail scene

5/ Me (in my Andes) 'dressing a scene' with fake blood

6/ Editing on the final day

awcontestatmosphere48hf.jpg

...and we are getting very close to the half way mark, about 3 more days to go!

I'll be flying over to Sydney before then, so I'll give my 6 month update now.

I've managed to wear this pair every day since the start. They've had 1 x initial hot-soak and 2 x hot-soak-washes. They've needed 1 crotch repair and i'll shortly need to attend to 2 x small holes in the back of each of the legs - apart from that holding up strong and coming along quite nicely.

These 2 x shots were taken last night, the pics may be slightly brighter than they normally look.

andewhalls.jpg

Edited by theotherchrislewis

Went to the canoga park memorial day parade, saw a bunch of old cool cars and whatnot

7305624870_057262100d.jpg

7305622894_5d8c930f84.jpg

Saw this bad boy down in venice

7305620680_59157a3578.jpg

Went to the stronghold and ended up picking these guys up

7305605396_249d404d66.jpg

And on to the jeans, about 6 months of wear I guess

7305611780_ae050be501.jpg

7305603946_fd61bdd832.jpg

7305614698_aef7683a27.jpg

Blowout on the way unfortunately

7305607570_c0d18a05cc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Had a gig last weekend...a fundraiser for a rural school. It was held at a horse ranch. We actually played on a flatbed trailer inside a barn!! Power issues contributed to my bass needing a trip to the shop. Hope some pictures turn up of the band. I took one of the local inhabitants.

62947f39.jpg

Sitting in my office today. We had a major thunderstorm the other day...two reported tornados touched down outside a community about 50 km from here. Raining today so office (boring) work. Luckily it is friday so I can wear my Ande's.

Lounging:

8654d1b7.jpg

Mint fades:

82fe0679.jpg

Hi all, recently my top button ripped off. So I kind of cut around the rivet thingy it left, and stitched over the hole a little for reinforcement. Then I sewed on a button I was going to use on a shirt I'm making (I won't miss it). The blue looks weird on the jeans, but since it's always covered by my belt it's no big deal. Here are pictures of my progress:

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

• 2 weeks later...