ande whall contest thread

aleopold

I have a pair of Double Volante's that were shipped yesterday(?) I believe, from Japan.

if those, for whatever reason, weren't to turn up they would be my second pair in a row affected by natural disaster.

either way, lives are being lost. obviously, it goes without saying that thats whats most important.

• 2 weeks later...

In case there are some people subscribed to this thread that aren't aware, the contest denim has most probably been lost due to the earthquake and Ande's shop is being demolished in the next week. Ande has asked for our help and I think he deserves it! Read his message here:

http://andewhall.bigcartel.com/product/earthquake-rebuild-donations-welcome

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

First post!

I signed up special, so I could get my name in for this contest if/when it happens!

In the meantime, God bless Ande and God bless New Zealand!

• 4 months later...

I think it's appropriate to start this thread again. The jeans are in the air ( due to the airfoil wing design of modern airplanes, not due to pocket wing design... Which would be really cool but impossible). So have we come to a agreement on the rules of the contest? I know there was some discussion regarding everyone starting at the same time; or starting when we get them. Is everyone planning on soaking their jeans? Anyways can't wait, based on Ande's email I should be expecting my pair next week.

#1: corporalclegg

#2: robotbox

#3: theotherchrislewis

#4: ukeno

#5: sbreslin

#6: grooveholmes

#7: festival

#8: mdkt07

#9: noodle36

#10: ntkt10

#11: keiren

#12: nick

#13: alt.plus

#14: philipong

#15: panuchai

#16: detto

#17: ozloupgarou

#18: iloveredstripe

#19: kt

#20: --second--

#21: mairit

-------------------------------------------------------------

#3 Buffalo - 32x34 ........so when can we start?

awcontestjeans.jpg

Edited by theotherchrislewis

If Canada post is on their A game ( which lately is asking alot) and Canada customs isnt already expecting some other " shipment" from NZ i should be looking at my pair this week. The 1st may be a little too early. I wouldnt be upset if you started wearing yours today Chris. And seeing as nobody else has posted since you put up the pics I don't think anybody else would be either. Although it is Thanksgiving weekend in the US which would explain why there is not alot of chatter on here. Wait and see I guess.

Yeah, I think we should wait until at least Dec 1st. Anyone who gets their pairs this week can start then, and any stragglers can start when their pairs come in.

Hopefully, this will mean there is no more than a week's difference in start times, which really shouldn't have any measurable effect by the end of the contest.

Anyways, let's see what others have to say. But I think Dec. 1st is pretty fair.

Also, how are we going to prove start date unless everyone does a soak? I guess we'll just have to be on the honor system. I discussed this a bit with Ande via email and we are both sort of against too many rules. No one likes rules.

If Canada post is on their A game ( which lately is asking alot) and Canada customs isnt already expecting some other " shipment" from NZ i should be looking at my pair this week. The 1st may be a little too early. I wouldnt be upset if you started wearing yours today Chris. And seeing as nobody else has posted since you put up the pics I don't think anybody else would be either. Although it is Thanksgiving weekend in the US which would explain why there is not alot of chatter on here. Wait and see I guess.

If they're not on their 'A' game, they'll simply be Cnd post!

That's my kind of joke, maynard

I came in to work this morning with a New Zealand post package sitting on my desk. The jeans look fantastic. I'll try to post some pics when I get off work (including Ande's doodle of a robot jumping out of a box)

So... this is the latest update from Canada Post - 2011/11/29 13:51 VANCOUVER

International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs

So when will they finally arrive? I'm confident I will not be seeing the jeans until next week. So it's unlikely that I will be making the Dec 1, 2011 start date.

So... this is the latest update from Canada Post - 2011/11/29 13:51 VANCOUVER

International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs

So when will they finally arrive? I'm confident I will not be seeing the jeans until next week. So it's unlikely that I will be making the Dec 1, 2011 start date.

When I checked my tracking this weekend, it said the same thing. 2 days later they arrived, so you could be in good shape

is there more complete information from a-z about this contest?

What kind of information are you looking for? I don't think all the info is in one place, but I can try to create a post that covers all the details

any fit pics?

There's a variety of different cuts in this contest. No one's spoken up against it, so tomorrow is our soft start date. Hopefully there will be some fit pics posted tomorrow. I'll try to take some pics

Well according to Canada Post my jeans were "processed at postal facility" @ 02:20 this morning. The Postal Facility is two hours away from where I live. I "might" be seeing my jeans today. I may have to take back my earlier comment about Canada Post.

I'll try to get some solid fit pics tonight, but here's a teaser in the meantime...

gallery_137152_50_140654.jpg

The denim was super stiff after a soak. Feels much heavier than I thought it would

gallery_137152_50_13235.jpg

You can't really tell anything from this pic, but the fit is pretty much perfect IMO. As I'm at the office, this is the best I can do for now.

Edited by robotbox

Me so Jealous!!! Alas, tis the end of the day and no Jeans. I am away from the office for the entire day tomorrow so if they are delivered I will not see them until late in the evening. Will post pics when I have a chance to put them on.