ande whall contest thread

aleopold

A little recap of my week:

After work on Friday I stopped by the Pop Up Flea. Best part was the bourbon open bar at which the bartender poured me a good four fingers neat.

9XsJY.jpg

Tellason Indigo Duck

nrWAm.jpg

Danner Boots

aQGXp.jpg

Saturday I had some buddies over to watch the SEC Championship game

mnh53.jpg

Things didn't turn out so well for the Dawgs, so we drowned our sorrows

8XTj9.jpg

Sunday was my girl's birthday. I took her out to dinner and then we walked the Williamsburg Bridge

TxVYy.jpg

Tonight I finally shaved my novembeard as I need a mustache for a party this weekend

tumblr_lvx42u6l6z1qzs0cio1_500.png

Agreed, looks great!

Groove - I've got nothing against Miles or LSU, but I'm a diehard Georgia fan (have to save my hate for Florida). You're right about those drops. They demolished us in the 2nd half, but who knows what could've happened if we had a bit more momentum on our side

Stopped smoking Cigars so I now put my pocket watch in the coinpocket (5th Pocket). When Ande first posted pics of the prototype I thought the coinpocket was going to be snuggled under the edge of the pocket ala Sammy Jins, Wrangler or 517's

9a660e37.jpg

Sorry about all the photo posts. I'm sitting here at the office procrastinating and thought I would do a little photo comparison. One more attempted hairiness pic. Like good crystals on a bud or legs on crystal...whatever your poison!!! Just proof of quality.

b33f7856.jpg

As everyone knows Ande's stuff stacks up against the best of them. Stitching is great and the denim is...how do you say lovely? I really like the feel of this. I find myself running my hands up and down my thighs. Had a few odd looks, but it really is wonderful. I get the same satisfaction from my Roys, MF's, Sam Jins and SG's. The other lovely thing about these are the pocket bags, which I have alluded to in an earlier post. There is nothing more satisfying than putting your hands in your pockets to grab your keys or whatever and feeling that unbleached cotton. Soft and supple but tough just the same.

Love these Jeans Ande. Bravo my Kiwi brother from another mother, Bravo!!! Thanks again for letting me join this contest and providing these works of art. It really is awesome what you've done.

I think all the people in this contest can attest. Your ability to come back throwing Rockets is truly inspirational.

Thanks Ande!!! I will show your masterpiece the kind of blatant disregard and ass kicking they deserve.

Awesome Noodle, looking good. On the slimmer styles the pocket opening is a bit smaller on top and slightly longer so the belt loops fit in, so the rivet is slightly more hidden.

Here is the watch pocket pattern

watchpocket.jpg

Ande: Is the hole in the pattern there for a specific reason? Curious? I'm thinking it's to hang the pattern on the wall or for some specific purpose related to construction.

Everyone: I'm with Groove, where are the other contestants? Are you having issue with posting pics like I did?

Putting it out there: I recall someone ( maybe Ande) mentioned something about a t shirt design?

Hey Guys - Checking in...Have got some fit pics from day 1/2 to post later - have been busy at work and pre christmas etc.

The jeans have softened up nicely after a couple of days - im wearing they daily (of course!).

Must say i dont fing them Slubbly or hairy as someone mentioned earlier - i think the denim is quite smooth - closer to a White Oak from cone (although not that close) than anything else i own.

I love it!

Edited by UkeNo

UKENO - I would agree they feel much like Cone unsanforized denim (Roys, Mister Freedom). Maybe not slubby but ridgy? There is some texture there and maybe the best word for it wasn't slubby.

All my Cone Sanforized stuff (Tellason, Raleigh) is very smooth as you say. I wouldn't compare it to the Ande's as I feel they have quite a bit more "texture". They also from what I've seen so far do not age or fade the same.

Has anyone noticed how vast the back pockets are on these? I put my hand in to get my wallet and it just keeps going. I love it.

I'm really curious to see who the x stitching reacts to wear vs the old dlx hidden rivet.

Hello!

Finally my Jeans arrived today :)

Special thanks for mr. yax

new.jpgnew2.jpg

new3.jpg

and this is my Fit Pic

jadi1.jpg

jadi2.jpg

i think this jeans is to loose for me

and i think the backpocket size is unusual

please comment about my fitting

Thanks

Edited by PhilipOng

Noodle....I couldn't agree more - it has a special texture - at the moment mine even make a slight crunching sound as i move about due to the denim being quite crispy still, this hasnt happened before - im sure its the 'Texture' you mentioned that causes this.

My first pair of bartacked back pockets too, and the size is great. :)

UKENO - I would agree they feel much like Cone unsanforized denim (Roys, Mister Freedom). Maybe not slubby but ridgy? There is some texture there and maybe the best word for it wasn't slubby.

All my Cone Sanforized stuff (Tellason, Raleigh) is very smooth as you say. I wouldn't compare it to the Ande's as I feel they have quite a bit more "texture". They also from what I've seen so far do not age or fade the same.

Has anyone noticed how vast the back pockets are on these? I put my hand in to get my wallet and it just keeps going. I love it.

I'm really curious to see who the x stitching reacts to wear vs the old dlx hidden rivet.