ande whall contest thread

aleopold

great fit and dope vest!

tumblr_lxa105AzIC1qzs0cio1_400.png

It's pretty frigid today, as I imagine it is for most of the USA. So I'm rocking longjohns under the ande's for the 2nd day straight. Surprisingly comfy, and necessary seeing as my office refuses to turn up the heat. Taking this pic, I realized they are on inside out...

JM72F.jpg

Edited by robotbox

a small piece of me dies when I hear people are able to wear Jeans to work everyday. "Casual Friday" is the only time I can rock my Denim at the office and it sucks. I look forward to it everyweek, sometimes it is the only motivation for coming in the other days.

I love how the hair on hide patch sort of fluffs up after the soak or wash (groove). It reminds me of when I give my dog a bath and he runs around for an hour looking like he weighs 20 extra pounds.

Grooveholmes, Robotbox, Noodle36 etc....Just wanted to say the 2012 Updates are excellent so far guys. Lets Keep them roling in.

Noodle36...I'm a wear Denim Everyday Guy too!

That being Said...Ive got some pics to throw up soon as i finish working these night-shifts.

ATM - my jeans are starting to stink - i got soaked to the bone the other day during the Freak English Monsoon winds and rain - so the jeans bled a little - over my crotch - then onece dried - they got soaked again today on the seafront.

The weather here has been crazy nationwide - people actualy dying from Gail force winds resulting in faling trees and flooding all over. Then when it clears its been clear blue skies and winter Sun! Very Strange - eerie!

I have pictures to back this up (promise)

Noodle - i'll head over to yours for a fire pit gathering with Ande and some of your Ale's sometime. Looks Awesome.

Cheers.

Robotbox - i saw this poster on a blog just the other day...Tumblr or theworldsbestever...Something Like that!

That You?

yeah, you might follow me on tumblr. super-rad.tumblr.com

props on reading theworldsbestever. that's a great blog

Which denim is the contestjeans made of? 13,5 oz?

Yep. We were originally set to have a special roll of denim that has since been lost in the earthquake(s). The contest then became a show of (uber) support to help offset the bills and get Ande back in the black. The differences between the regular models are the pocket bags and hair on hide patches.

IMG_1605.jpg

IMG_1606.jpg

kit: loden dager shirt / everlane tie / eg vest / wallace & barnes braided belt / comeback specials /apolis indigo chore jacket / ndc ankle boots

dinner tonight: piedmont. all local produce and meats, sustainably raised, and in support of local farmers.

IMG_1585.jpg

IMG_1588.jpg

IMG_1589.jpg

IMG_1598.jpg

appetizer: deviled eggs, bread plate w/butter made w/honey and herbs. fullsteam (durham nc) el toro cream ale

main course: slow roasted pork shoulder on greens

dessert: chocolate pudding, pretzel crumbs, soft cream

Edited by grooveholmes

Sorry for the lack of posts, spent most of the xmas break in a small remote area of New Zealand called Porangahau (no cellphone/internet coverage & 25 minutes to the nearest store). I also had to wait to get most of the photos off other peoples' cameras. Nice to see the thread still ticking along, keep it up!!!

1/ this was just down the road from where we were staying, leading down to the beach.

2/ some NYE fun!

3/ my favorite photo-bomb ever!!! pretty hard to see but once you do, it's kinda scary.

4/ ....another photo bomb, as a mate pulled out his Costanza pose on the beach, this pretty much set the tone for the holiday.

5/ I won the 'log throwing contest' with this throw!

6/ As you can see, my young apprentice, your friends have failed. Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle station.

7/ The family portrait - kinda reminds me of a final photo on the credits of a great coming of age 90s film.

porangahau.jpg

Yesterday I had to fly down to Wellington, to drop off a Government Tender from my work. After I completed this (by 9am) I was able to spend the rest of the day wondering around 'the coolest little capital in the world'.

1/ Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know - the cliche 'wing shot'.

2/ Dropped off the Tender right across the road from 'The Beehive'... where we try and contain all of our politicians.

3/ The beautiful view of the city from Mt Victoria.

4/ Had an amazing breakfast at a great little cafe called Floriditas.

5/ Checked out the best shopping lane called Cuba Mall....

6/ where I popped into Wakefield Hotel to have a yarn with Hemi (who is in the heavyweight contest) and picked up a pair of IH 634S-Raw (which will have to wait for just under 11months until this contest is over)....

7/ and he kindly took a (slightly blurry) photo for my update, but you get the idea.

8/ Spent the last part of my day in one of the best 'free house' bars (/pubs) in the country, where I tried some of the tastiest beers from NZ and USA.

Wellington, thank you for having me - I must visit more often!!!

wellington.jpg

Edited by theotherchrislewis

That's The Wakefield Hotel in Cuba Street, Wellington.

Otherchrislewis - great updates! I spent 5 months in Wellington last year and looking at those pictures makes me feel almost homesick. I hope to get back there some day.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Great Updates Lewey!!

The Quarantine of the Noodle Family is almost over. I made it to work today despite the fact I'm still coughing like a TB victim and sound like 100 miles of bad road. We have had a very uncharacteristic winter here as per previous posts but it's snowing today!!! heres a picture from behind my office. Forecast calls for snow today, - 14C then back to +4-5 for the rest of the week. I won't even need to shovel the walks.

80c4e535.jpg

I went out to eat at momofuku on saturday night. I don't want to be one of those self-important new yorkers who assume everyone in the world should know everything about the city, but I also don't want to be one of those transplants who become all snobby once they move to nyc and act like outsiders don't know shit about shit. so anyways, my point here is that I don't know how well known momofuku is outside of NYC, but just know that it is delicious. their pork buns are next level

Xpzak.jpg

ginger scallion noodles

1XC1V.jpg

pumpkin ale and pretzel twist soft serve

8srlP.jpg

woke up waaaay too early in the morning on sunday to go snowboarding. I'm not used to subway travel being part of a snowboarding trip, but that's how it goes... waiting for the train at 6am.

baadB.jpg

also not used to seeing union square completely deserted. normally it's mobbed

Mmjka.jpg

got to Hunter Mountain in the Catskills around 9:30 or so. conditions were typical of the east coast. It wasn't as much of an upgrade over north carolina mountains as I had anticipated. I think I'll need to get up to Vermont for the good stuff

fsnx0.jpg

jXYAN.jpg

Had a blast, but I'm incredibly sore now. definitely used some muscles that haven't seen much action in a while

how'd them bindings work out?

They are awesome. All my gear is about 8 years old, so it was nice to have some current tech in my setup. They are so much more responsive than my old Flow bindings. They made my very stiff burton custom feel much more flexible torsionally. If get on the snow as much as I hope to this year, I'll probably get a new deck during the end of season sales for next season.

I definitely need to tweak my angles though. My front knee was pretty sore after a few runs.

Edited by robotbox

yeah, i hear you. my shit is about 4-5 years old. gear is just too expensive, and online is definitely the best place to find a bargain. I've been sitting on a libtech board until my forum/peter line breaks or wears out (had to epoxy a few spots). i've also definitely toned down and mellowed out (read: turned chicken) as i've gotten older and visited the slopes less frequently. great to see you got some runs in this year!

2nd January - Walked the Downs between Glynde and Lewis (Sussex)

l1100443%20copy.jpg

This is the highest point a relaxed 1 mile climb - the view was like this 360 degrees.

l1100444%20copy.jpg

Women i was chasing...

l1100445%20copy.jpg

and Again...

l1100460%20copy.jpg

Danger!

l1100462%20copy.jpg

Action/Fit shot (kinda)

l1100466%20copy.jpg

Finished the day drinking locally brewed Ales in small pubs, i dont have any pictures of this as i was using my hand to hold beer - more important at the time!

Snowboarding Pictures look awesome guys - i now have an old - obsolete Burton Custom that i've worn to death - no local snow here - have to travel to europe for that. Im not Jealous of your Trip(s) at All!!!!

Great updates fellas :)

Cheers

Edited by UkeNo

No denim related photos today as I'm at the office and it's not Friday. I went out for lunch with my best friend. We decided on Pho Soup at our local Vietnamese restaurant. When we used to live together in University a Vietnamese friend of ours turned us onto Pho. I like it "House Special" style with all the good stuff in it. We used to go to a place called Pho Kim...if you know how to pronounce Pho that can be really funny in certain circles. Anyways here are pics of my soup and the spring rolls we shared.6255c395.jpg

The soup is divine - like I said I like the traditional stuff - Tripe, Tendon & Raw thin sliced beef.

fa1615ff.jpg

Yeah those fresh spring rolls are the biz.

A mate took some shots of me for an interview with Rawr denim blog, just clowning around. There was some more with seriously stupid-lame ninja, samurai scissor moves, but to embarrassed to post em.

stoopid3.jpg

stoopid2.jpg

stoopid1.jpg