Competition: Heavyweight Denim Championship Of The World 2011/12

Megatron1505

^you guys confuse me, with you avatars ;) the 7301 are probablly mostly worn with stacks, rather than cuffs, so the missing selvage won't hurt. But do they have a selvage fly, like the 461, to show that they're made of cell bitch material?

Edit: scrolled back, looked at pics, question answered. Thanks.

Those are huge...

Just over 7 months of wear, pre and post 15 minute soak. Not too much of a change, got a little grime out of the thighs and they got a hint more blue. They feel like magic though...

Pix in the shade:

PreAndPostWash.jpg

Pretty accurate color, taken (half) in the sun:

photo3.jpg

Such a variety of wear and fading as well, from crisp combs like Flo's, to the more vintage fades of everyinchofgod, to the ultimate destruction of GMC. This is where we see the real versatility of heavyweight denim, and how the different competitors lifestyles impact on the wear of their jeans.

I love seeing this, and long may it continue :)

ANNOUNCEMENT

Due to my heavy workload at the moment I have not had chance to moderate the thread, in terms of who has contributed regularly and who hasn't. I have a list of names, but just have not had time to send all the relevant messages.

Therefore.......anyone who has not contributed to the thread in the last three months has until 30/09/11 to do so, that is a two month extension from when I did my last sweep. Anyone who hasn't contributed in that time will be removed from the contest, that would mean that the people involved had been 5 months with out contributing. I believe that this is more than fair.

Great stuff on the last few pages. Leish, I wish I could keep my jeans as clean as you. The fading almost looks neon, that's incredible.

Thanks for the comments back there. For those who asked I work construction in the summer. I do just about everything from surveying to cement finishing to running a curb machine. I'm afraid the sr's just wouldn't hold up to that abuse though. I would like to think I'm a fairly active person so that would probably attribute to any accelerated wear.

I must say that this contest has got some high profile of people who has got interesting lifestyle which reflects very well on their jeans.

Past few progresses are awesome in terms of fit and fading.

Even up until now, I'm still very much looking forward to see everyone's pair 2 yrs later.

Samurai S500JX with Double XX Tee

P8134298.jpg

P8134294.jpg

P8134295.jpg

The traintrack

P8134299.jpg

Bonus pic, too hot today, chilled at the beach.

P8104253.jpg

The contest has settled down now, after the initial excitement. It happens in all the contests to be fair, people are now just wearing and updating evo when necessary.

I don't wear my pair all the time now :(, I am wearing my elements as well and have a pair of BBODs coming in so my pair is just going to be worn till the time the samurai contest ends and it will be my pair I wear every to often.

As with all contests, how you compete and how much time you dedicate to your contest jeans is entirely up to you. For me this contest has already achieved what I wanted, in so much as we are seeing some beautiful, worn in, heavy denim.

I was never under any illusion that all those who started would be with us to the end, for some people apathy takes over from euphoria quite quickly.

At the end of the contest I think (and hope) that there will be a smaller group of contestants, who really love their old, battered, faded, torn, repaired heavy denim.

As with all contests, how you compete and how much time you dedicate to your contest jeans is entirely up to you. For me this contest has already achieved what I wanted, in so much as we are seeing some beautiful, worn in, heavy denim.

I was never under any illusion that all those who started would be with us to the end, for some people apathy takes over from euphoria quite quickly.

At the end of the contest I think (and hope) that there will be a smaller group of contestants, who really love their old, battered, faded, torn, repaired heavy denim.

Amen to that.

I'm in it for the long haul, although I am sorry to say that I just got a new job where jeans are not an option, so my 710's aren't going to be getting near the wear I had planned on. I'm not giving up, I'm just going to have to figure out how to pack 7 days of wear into 2.5 days. At least I was able to get a solid 6.5 months of daily wear in so far. And I wanted these to have plenty of life left after the contest anyway, rather than being torn to shreds. I'm sure going to miss living in them , though.

I'm expecting delivery of a pair of 18oz, raw, Beatle Busters early next week, and I am seriously considering substituting my S5000BK's for them as my second pair.

The reason for this is simple, I hate wearing the BK's as contest jeans. Love the jeans, hate wearing them to compete.

Also, I'd love to see the Samurai Vs Iron Heart dual played out on my own legs.

I figure I've got about 4 months active wear on my 21oz s5000vx, so I could even it up by wearing the BB's for the rest of the year and use the same wash/ soak pattern as I have on the Sams to make the comparison fair.