Detergent..

NoSleep

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that looks like the same stuff as on the website... i just ordered $20 worth of dr bronner's... 1 8oz bottle of tea tree soap, 1 8oz bottle of lavender soap, 1 bar of tea tree soap, and 1 bar of lavender soap. that should last me for several years (the liquid for my jeans at least).

i dont know i do everything that your NOT suppose to do for washing my sammies. i first turn them inside out and i put it in the washing machine at high speed and the hottest water setting and use some regular tide detergent or even the stronger detergents. i wash for about 20 to 30 mins. then i throw the jeans in the dryer in the hot cycle for about 30 mins. sometimes i take them out a lil early when their still a bit damp but usually they come out dry and hot.

you're supposed to turn them inside out. you rebel you.

• 4 months later...
High temperature, good quality denim and wear them a long time before you wash.

Thanks-- What happens if I wash them sooner and more frequently?

• 7 months later...

dr. bronners is the only thing i'll recommend, but ive used cheap household cleaners, murphy's oil soap, dish detergent, and everything else under the sun...but use bronners, you'll have clean body, and denim. the ultimate soap. any flavor will do.

• 3 months later...
I had to dig up this thread... No point in making another one

I have a couple packets of the SugarCane wash, Does anybody know what I'm supposed to do? I can't read any of it and there are two detergents/"premium care"?

yea there are 2 sachets. one is the detergent the other is the treatment. so you supposed to hand wash your jeans with the detergent, after which you will soak your jeans in the treatment for 30mins. i cant remember the exact amount of water which you are supposed to use, but it does state somewhere on the back of the packet.

the end result, clean and soft jeans!

i feel i should mention this don't use boiling water or this happens

courtesy of drybones thread

IMAG0006.jpg

I usually don't use any soap. Just boiling hot water and dry it in the sun. It usually kills most of the bacteria infesting the jeans. Another thing that helps is to bathe regularly for obvious reasons. (but I get lazy sometimes)