ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

5639006786_6090ecbc39_z.jpg5639008508_dd5650a381_z.jpg5638437943_14d74dca31_z.jpg5639011394_4d5696b3c0_z.jpg5639010028_d1d09742da_z.jpg5639015740_e247195ea2_z.jpg5639020502_7fdeb22fc4_z.jpg5639018398_f4cb6cef03_z.jpg

Thanks for all of the rep guys:) I have been wearing my painting clothes for the past few weeks and I had to wear my 1960's Carhartt overalls to the chili cook off, last Sunday ( I was afraid that people wouldn't want to try my chili if I was wearing a pair of filthy Roy's) I took the hose to my jeans and was able to get some of the dirt out, next month we are going to be in some really bad earth:D

^I think there were several volunteers...

And no one asked for any. They just came out of the blue and suggested it.

Roy, I don't think you've got anything to worry about my jeans. They're collecting more smells than wear and tear. I dig how your back pockets are showing those squares in the corners.

And Mike, if you ate all that yourself, I suppose you'll be needing a little of that palliative care as well.

time to do my bit in keeping this thread updated. you guys have been holding the fort so nicely!

so today my friends and i met up after work for a farewell dinner for a friend who is moving to philly to do his housemanship (if that was the term i remembered correctly). good pal of mine and will he will be missed by us but oh well, for greener pastures!

R1003310.jpg

here is me at work, packing up my shit after work and making a bow out of my electronics cables.

R1003319.jpg

i have a love hate relationship with public transport in my country. there are times (think mornings at 9am) where the trains can get so damned pack you can breathe the musty smell of the neck of the guy in front of you, but there are other times the train is just so empty and clean and comfortably air-conditioned in this hell-like humid weather. this was a good time. nothing better than clean and efficient public transport.

R1003313.jpg

of course i do check my pants out every once in a while, even while on public transport.

R1003315.jpg

denim is really pretty nice. being such a nerd, i got off at the wrong stops not once, but twice in a row as i made my journey to meet my mates for dinner.

R1003320.jpg

headed to this restaurant in little india called taj SOMETHING (cant remember what). its this little restaurant that sells REALLY good indian food at non-cut throat prices.

R1003321.jpg

some local as well as indian favourite fan fares.

R1003324.jpg

we got some naan to share. basically it is made up of flour and if theres anything close to it, you might want to think of tortilla bread. i dont know.. probably! you can eat it on its own but most of the time i eat it with some meat, be it mutton or chicken.

R1003322.jpg

here is the butter chicken which was amazing. i love shit like this. a little expensive for butter chicken at a location like this but extremely value for money. this was delicious.

R1003323.jpg

my friend got some chicken briyani which looked pretty much delicious. i got the chicken tika briyani which is actually tandoori chicken but without the bones/cartilage. the briyani rice was the best that i have ever eaten.

being chinese, i can safely assume that i have eaten a fuckload of rice in my life and i must say the rice here is so loose, my friend vulgarly likened it to whore's vagina.

R1003325.jpg

here comes the interesting part, while they do serve you your food, you have to eventually prepare to eat it yourself. they served us empty plates and we initially though they were going to serve us rice scooped onto the plate. but noooooooo.

R1003326.jpg

the food actually comes in a claypot, which is pretty weird because i have never ever eaten indian food out of a claypot. but if you tink you have to scoop your rice onto the plate, you're wrong.

R1003327.jpg

in the blink of an eye, you have to invert the claypot onto the plate. and no, THEY WILL NEVER DO IT FOR YOU. even though i never really asked to find out why but its a weird experience watching some of my friends do it and having a fuckload of rice go onto their pants.

R1003328.jpg

pop your cover up and there you have it. this is MY chicken tika briyani. it was really really good but i have to say there could be more chicken though. rice is really top notch.

R1003330.jpg

of course what better thing to do after a dinner farewell than to sit around and reminisce on old times. afterall we've all known each other for 11 years or so, so there was plenty to talk about. good times and we wished our friend who was leaving the best of luck. it would be nice to take a trip to US when he ends school. who knows what roads and paths we will all end up in eventually. good times.

^I think there were several volunteers...
And no one asked for any. They just came out of the blue and suggested it.

Lot of jealousy running around these parts... i can't help that I'm beautiful.

And Mike, if you ate all that yourself, I suppose you'll be needing a little of that palliative care as well.

Hee, had my girlfriend there as well, but still ended up taking away 1/3 of the chicken.

I felt like a blimp walking home.

R1003328.jpg

pop your cover up and there you have it. this is MY chicken tika briyani. it was really really good but i have to say there could be more chicken though. rice is really top notch.

Thanks for the pics ran.

That rice is so freakin' long!!!

I actually had a semi eventful day for a change

We ran out to a state park to take in the sights, it got overcast so we just sort of walked around and took silly pictures.

eaccc43e.jpg

7fea83b9.jpg

We'd been anticipating a call about a house for rent in Elwood, the town we work in. In addition to leaving the petting zoo smell of Lexington we'll be able to walk the 2 blocks to work saving us anywhere from $100-120 a month in fuel. REALLY EXCITING NEWS! So we went out for a celebratory dinner.

b661678a.jpg

efec5524.jpg

39b3a6a1.jpg

37941fa7.jpg

08b10d49.jpg

my new phone has a really decent camera : so a dinner on the Seine, on my friend's peniche was the perfect occasion to test it.

5642545840_fd7fae6b81_z.jpg

typical french dinner : 2 bottles for 2

5642545590_b25d05e90c_z.jpg

5641976345_13970aa966_z.jpg

5642546590_8e3fedd71a_z.jpg

5641976869_46f0879564_z.jpg

still day light at 8.30 PM, summer is coming along nicely

5642547076_37dbd4764c_z.jpg

5641977343_351ab6d302_z.jpg

south african wine is most of the time superior to french wine, its sad but true.

5642547494_b63746c150_z.jpg

among other things, my pal is a collectionnar

5642547752_7eae949c18_z.jpg

5641978091_5112b1a412_z.jpg

5642794524_85198c621d_z.jpg5642795396_ee1730c1c6_z.jpg5642223243_ce0c677638_z.jpg5642222197_ac98680319_z.jpg5642788580_7c8754f2d2_z.jpg5642220401_3bf733e4c2_z.jpg

Guys and girl... Nice posts!! Congratulations on saving all of that gas money robbie. Joseph, thanks for handing first place over to me, just four months into this competition:D I might have to come up with a prize for second and third place. Heech start running over your Roy's with that tractor of yours:D My daughter and I, went for a neighborhood hike.

Heech start running over your Roy's with that tractor of yours:D

That's good advice, thanks Mike.

Unfortunately this is what I'll be doing mostly until the end of the summer -

( from my previous post .....)

nokia121.jpg

- it's mostly cut, cut, cut !

Also my boss has apparently looking at samples for our new 'uniforms' which mean my days wearing my Roy's at work may be numbered (mmm..blue twill trousers)

Bring on the rain, then at least I can wear them under the water-proofs!

Just washed mine properly for the first time and there's almost no evo, looks like you or Roy6 will be standing on that podium :)

Spring has finally arrived.

tree.jpg

Spring break for my RXCs ended on Wednesday, but my spring break is continuing. My folks came for a visit yesterday so I played tour guide today.

We went to a farm that raises grass fed cows and sheep as well as chickens, pigs and goats.

barns.jpg

Our goal was to buy eggs. These are collected in the morning and sold the same day. We arrived around 2:00. They were already sold out. But there were lots of cute animals.

I am not sure that I qualified.

2011-04-22008.jpg

But the goats

goats.jpg

and Shetland pony definitely did.

pony.jpg

We also met a young bull named Jack who didn't seem too excited about our presence.

bull1.jpg

bull2.jpg

looks like a nice day entertainment. that bull sure looks pissed alright. pity you missed out on those eggs. i've had the chance to try out some fresh farm eggs and they are pretty good!

dr house cant wait to see how those whiskers evolve over time...

excuse the food pics again but today i didn't have much to shoot about so i only shot at lunch. had a great lunch before work today, beef teppanyaki it is. mmmm its lucky that these waitresses do the cooking for you. saves my lazy ass from all the work. not too bad the food.. hopefully something good happens tomorrow!

R1003332.jpg

R1003336.jpg

R1003337.jpg

R1003335.jpg

Mmm, that looks delicious, ranon!

Looks like a fun visit to the farm, entertainment. I have a colleague who has backyard chickens, and the eggs are indeed tasty.

Great evo so far, Dr. House!

Today has been spent outside priming trim, which has been great now that the weather is warming up. No photos of that, but I did have to head over the mountains to a meeting the other day.

After the meeting, we drove out onto the Fish and Wildlife Service's Bird Refuge, which was chock full of waterfowl currently migrating or returning to nest, including snow geese, buffleheads, eared grebes, western and Clark's grebes, among many others. It was a beautiful day in between the thunderstorms.

bDeyS.jpg

On my way home, I of course had to make a stop at the surplus/western store. The paper sign says "Don not play with these".

p0rCM.jpg

Denim is only $7/yd! ;)

vvDIk.jpg

I thought you guys and gal might like these. They had a few pairs of USN wide-leg dungarees, but only in 26 and 29 waist. I should probably just buy them for posterity. I believe they were under $10? "Fabric woven by Cone" :)

gbdls.jpg

The mountains were looking rather ominous on the way home...

l8mmp.jpg