ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

last in best dressed

:)

im gonna have to go for a third super hot soak,,,, spent yesterday afternoon working on my kayak in them, sanding :eek:, and they stretched out too big again... or maybe i should eat some pies

I gather that ROY only left one inch allowance for shrinkage, hence 32"s should have been 33" when dry when pulled taught and even.

Looks like there may have been more shrinkage for some folks who hot soaked twice, which I imagine neither ROY nor Ralph Tharpe did (they had the only prototype jeans). I'd say that 29 (soon to be 30) good fits out of 30 is a pretty good average for a brand new, largely untested cut made with a unique, untested denim.

SO glad you finally got your jeans Paul.

I also am in agreement with roy6 that some allowances be made for those who only recently got their pair to keep the contest fair, but really we've all won already we got these jeans.

I am totally gonna win though, its the random bits of applesauce, ketchup, corn juice, etc that are really going to make my kitchen bitch boy uniform pants stand out as the most EPIC making me champ.

^ I thought I did but it turned out to be some dirt compacted in there, but I didnt realize before that these button should be pretty rust prone, I cant wait til summer for that outdoor living

I really love the sort of 'sunburst' appearance of the rivets, at least on mine. Has anyone's rivets taken on any rust yet?

working as a metal slut and being a smart ass i am allowed to say that copper isnt able to rust.it oxidized.

btw,the boss arrived back from Berlin before i finished working in the store and didnt allow me to open the bottle of Laphroaig...sigh.

so it was humble Holsten for me,but i think thats still alright,Paul.

Watch out! These guys could be wearing Cone denim!

dXLo1YAUQBE

I'm drinking the very last bottle of my favorite winter ale in your honor, Paul.

imagekww.jpg

And, I'm spending my Friday night cutting up some chromexcel

imagesfy.jpg

Watch out! These guys could be wearing Cone denim!

dXLo1YAUQBE

hypebeasts!!!!

Mike

You have as good as chance as everyone when it comes to 'winning', but judging by the current evo pix, you've nailed it !

.... but let's face it people, we're ALL winners with these jeans.

Really looking forward to the next book btw, especially all the pics of two pocket/belt-loopless 501's (1901-'21)

Great pics.

...woke with a dry throat, head hurting... left the heating on overnight, thought I'd turned off all the radiators bar one, having had the beer, wine and whisky I'd turned a couple on by mistake.

These mothers did shrink - soaked at 75 celsius. Trim, but they'll stretch out. Way stiffer than I remember.

QUick and dirty shot in the garden before my photo assistant reappears.

ROYfit.jpg

Oh, and I understand from Roy that a crotch shot is now obligatory. THese are my new William Lennon, heavy but comfortable as anything.

Roycrotch.jpg

Pre soak Post soak

Waist 33 32

F Rise 11 10

B rise 15 15

Thigh 11 10.5

L/Ong 8.75 8.5

Leg 35.5 32.5

No idea why the rear rise shrank so little compared to the front rise, probably my error. The waist probably shrank half an inch, it was slightly slack on the length of wood before, and was completely taut when dry. THese are probably similar dimensions to my SDA 103XX, 32/32.