ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

tonight, my Roys and I are drinking red wine, listening to THE XX and trying to make stuff before my eyes start crossing.

Oh btw, I soaked the bottom of the legs in hot hot water and I got that extra inch or two of shrinkage I was hoping for. Im much happier with the length now & im guessing after a wash or two they are going to be exactly how I wanted.

I headed down to the water today...Lake Michigan/Belmont Harbor, which is for the most part frozen over...

5371735581_399812ecd8_z.jpg

5371735587_3798ef6378_z.jpg

Not the best conditions to walk under

5371735593_5ab526e9ee_z.jpg

What's left of the boats...No yachts this time of year of course

5371735597_78e4aeb826_z.jpg

And the view of the city from afar

5371735599_4d5bc13d0e_z.jpg

As the night went on, the full moon showed all of its splendor...It actually looked huge IRL

5371735607_1d06d61c5f_z.jpg

Good night!

Paul has his ROYs already and has been wearing them for a couple of weeks. He's just a little scared of the competition so has concocted this little charade in the hope that you'll all agree to grant him an extra month on his own at the end to 'catch up'.

People, don't be fooled! :)

Paul has his ROYs already and has been wearing them for a couple of weeks. He's just a little scared of the competition so has concocted this little charade in the hope that you'll all agree to grant him an extra month on his own at the end to 'catch up'.

People, don't be fooled! :)

If only...

damn I hope Paul will get his pair soon

after two very hot soaks this is the fit.

It's really hard to leave my denime in the closet after 15 months but these are a good replacement I have to say

adr4791.jpg

adr4796.jpg

what do you say?

excellent fit pomata.

did Roy not use tracking numbers for overseas shipping?? is there any way to track your package paul?

No. It is how it is. There are many reports of packages stuck in warehouses... although Royal Mail denies it. Of course it's bizarre that Charlie's was delivered to my house over a week ago and its companion has gone awol, but c'est la vie.

If they're not here in another 10 days, I might be begging Roy to blag one more buckle.

No. It is how it is. There are many reports of packages stuck in warehouses... although Royal Mail denies it. Of course it's bizarre that Charlie's was delivered to my house over a week ago and its companion has gone awol, but c'est la vie.

If they're not here in another 10 days, I might be begging Roy to blag one more buckle.

damn, well, I wish you luck.

Paul, if you can find someone nice at USPS (or RM?), they should at least be able to tell you if it passed through customs if you can give them the number on the customs form. It doesn't always work, but it is worth a try...

Paul, if you can find someone nice at USPS (or RM?), they should at least be able to tell you if it passed through customs if you can give them the number on the customs form. It doesn't always work, but it is worth a try...

Hmmm... interesting. Where would I find the customs number? Do USPS give you a copy to keep?

Yeah, if Roy still has the slips, he should have received a copy of the customs form and the number should also be on his shipping receipt.

Paul, we ship hundreds of packages out of the country every week and a lot of them go to the UK. Packages to the UK are taking up to 6 weeks to arrive and a few have even been returned to us. Supposedly this serious delay is ending soon and is being blamed on "storms".

Paul, we ship hundreds of packages out of the country every week and a lot of them go to the UK. Packages to the UK are taking up to 6 weeks to arrive and a few have even been returned to us. Supposedly this serious delay is ending soon and is being blamed on "storms".

Thanks, kiya. Despite official denials, it seems that packages posted before Christmas in particular are caught in a logjam. They have to meet delivery targets, but were allowed to dispense with them before Christmas because of pre-Christmas snow. Now they're focusing only on new mail, as they have to satisfy targets on that, rather than the pre-Christmas stuff, which doesn't count.

My main worry is that they'll simply dump the stuff that's left in the warehouse.

so if paul does not get his then i can share mine with him. after all he ordered the same size.

Thanks, fardin. One leg each?

As to sharing the jeans, we just tear 'em in half. Of course these are some dang tough customers, so we need some help. First we tie off one pant leg to a horse. Then we tie off the other pant leg to another horse and...

On second thought, that'll just get us sued.

I cinched too tight and now have 'pleat-bruising'. This is also due to the duck patch, doubling the thickness of the material in that area.

I have since loosened it as I figured it will shrink a bit more anyway with another wash, although that's not gonna happen for a while.

Yeah, I experimented after commenting. There's just too much going on for a couple of simple pleats. Either it gets into the pocket, the middle fell, the patch, or my suspender buttons. Has anyone considered moving the patch? Either to the outside (to be ostentatious), or just to the side on the inside.