PIKE BROTHERS Bundesländer Tour 2010-2011

Atzec

Atzec and me try to do an personal handover in munich today - stay tuned. Hopefully the snow doesn't kill it.

I'm in Nürnberg since yesterday, that's in bavaria (frankonia to be exact). After two weeks christmas holidays I'll take them back to Hamburg where I live and Schleswig -Holstein where I work (and which is my duty in this tour).

Nürnberg is one of my favorite cities, I was born and raised there. It's over 1000 years old, got lots of nice old streets. I'll present it later this day, when I return from the famous christmas market.

It was also the city where the german-roman emperors had their castle (the Kaiserburg). This historical meaning was used by the NSDAP for their "Reichsparteitage", where they held huge ceremonies. Maybe I'll show you the colloseum later on.

Because of this, the famous Nürnberger Trials were held here, where many third Reich perpetretors were judged. Nowadays Nürnberg does a lot work for human rights.

Another thing Nürnberg is famous for is food - saudsages, gingerbread and lot of tasty, yet fatty food. You'll see this for shure in my leg of the tour.

I hope I can provide some interesting stuff.

so, this is coming to an end for me...

here are some last pics of the jeans and te leather supply.

this denim is definitely hard to fade. i´m looking forward to see the future progress.

SAM_1607800x600.jpg

SAM_1606800x600.jpg

Obbigood belt:

SAM_1590800x600.jpg

SAM_1592800x600.jpg

Wallet- still unused:

SAM_1593800x600.jpg

And what I´m sending along:

SAM_1596800x600.jpg

The Leatherpatch:

SAM_1585800x600.jpg

Backside:

SAM_1586800x600.jpg

And here´s my idea- why don´t we connect the holes with Thread to show te ways the jeans has travelled?

SAM_1608800x600.jpg

Just remove it, if you guys don´t like it.

That´s it for now. See you later...

SAM_1597800x600.jpg

so today me and mr. max power met for a personal handover of the jeans.

on my way...

SAM_1609640x480.jpg

SAM_1611640x480.jpg

SAM_1612640x480.jpg

we met at the restaurant of the augustiner brewery, which is munich´s oldest and best beer.

max doing some power-stuff with his hand...

SAM_1615640x480.jpg

food was quite good, max has the preeat pics...

SAM_1616640x480.jpg

afterwards we went to a christmas market called "Tollwood", it´s kind of alternative, and nice to hang out at.

SAM_1617640x480.jpg

bad pics...

SAM_1620640x480.jpg

inside one of the tents:

SAM_1622640x480.jpg

in one tent there was a band playing. they did a REALLY bad cover of green day´s "21 guns", my ears are still bleeding, your´s too,max?

SAM_1623640x480.jpg

SAM_1623640x480.jpg

Soooo guys, me and the PB arrived safely at home (I drove like hell ;-).

First of all, a big kudos to Atzec for the nice evening. I enjoyed the food, the tollwood festival and the conversation.

Mr. Atzec had Sauerbraten and I went for a half duck. Tasty, but a mess to eat.

sany0998.jpg

Cheers, mate!sany0999x.jpg

The coaster got his late glimpse of Augustiner Beer.

sany1000.jpg

sany1001.jpg

Better music than the other band...sany1010.jpg

The chinese tent - sorry, can't rotate the pictures right now..sany1011.jpg

sany1012.jpg

sany1013.jpg

sany1015.jpg

Atzec had a crepe with cinammon and sugar. We both were desperate searching for choclate coated fruits (him) and Kaiserschmarrn (me). In the moment we bought our substitutes, we saw two shops selling these desserts next to each other. Ironic.sany1016.jpg

sany1017.jpg

Sorry, crappy pic.

sany1018.jpg

These are candles that look like beers..

sany1019.jpg

First impression of the PB.

Some Evo is there:

sany1021.jpg

The tollwood festival was a real nice place with lots of great food (at least I guess that judging from the smell in every tent). The only disappointment was the cover of Green Day's "21 Guns", which has been raped by one of the worst singers and an horrible band (the drumer was the opposite of dynamic).

Anyway, it was a great evening and I'm glad to have met Matthias in person.

At home, I tried the PB on - it fits good on the waist and thighs, but I feel like the 55 cut doesn't suit my skinny ass.

Real fitpcs are coming tomorrow.

More updates tomorrow, stay tuned.

I'm back from my trip to Rothenburg. It's one of the nicest medieval cities out there, that's why it's flooded with japanese tourists right now.

I really begin to love these pants, they fit pretty good and I like that they seem to fade pretty quick, at least they bleed a lot.

I started walking around in old watch towers from where you can see the towers of the city - and it prevents you from slipping and breaking your neck.

sany1056.jpg

sany1060.jpg

sany1066.jpg

sany1069.jpg

sany1075.jpg

sany1076.jpg

sany1077.jpg

sany1078.jpg

You'll notice that my posts consist mainly of whisky related pictures and of food. So for this time- Islay Whisky Soap and tons of sausage. I would've bought the whisky soap (good to hide an drinking problem - when you go to the bathroom and smell like whisky, blame it on the soap) but unfortunately the shop was closed on mondays. Bummer.

sany1080.jpg

sany1090.jpg

sany1084m.jpg

sany1085.jpg

sany1087.jpg

sany1107.jpg

Here's what I did today: sleeping too long without feeling awake. Then, I finished some christmas cards and packages and brought them through knee-deep snow to the post box.

sany1155.jpg

sany1156l.jpg

After that, to become awake and enjoy some childhood memories, I walked throught the forest that starts at our house. I was out there every day as a kid and know every path, so I didn't get lost, despite the snow.

sany1195.jpg

sany1161k.jpg

sany1169.jpg

Oh well, some posing for the camera.

sany1178.jpg

sany1182.jpg

I stayed at home today. Gives me the chance to try a new whisky miniature I bought yesterday. Edrour Caledonia, it's matured in a sherry butt and originates from scotlands smallest distillery. (well, I think Kilchoman is even smaller, but they are already only finishing their first 3 year Old).

sany1153g.jpg

Cheers!

Today I went to my old studying town - Bayreuth. I took a little detour, to bring the Jeans to Buttenheim and the birthplace of Mr. Levi Strauss. And here it is:

sany1160.jpgsany1157.jpg

sany1158.jpg

sany1165.jpg

Not really big, eh?

After that, I went to Bayreuth to meet with two of my closest friends. A little Dinosaur crossed my way.

sany1169.jpg

sany1174.jpg

Simone didn't want to be caught on film. Sorry.

sany1175.jpg

I had Schnitzel :-D

sany1177.jpg

Don't we all love getting christmas presents?

sany1178.jpg

Some work for the coaster...

Later I went to the baroque castle near Bayreuth, coping with a lot of memories. You see, I found the sepia button on my cam and I like it. Makes gloomy become eerie. And I was in the mood for that.

sany1190.jpg

sany1193.jpg

sany1198.jpg

sany1199y.jpg

sany1200.jpg

sany1202.jpg

It's moasique, noticed?

sany1216y.jpg

sany1217.jpg

The chinese tower. I was too lazy to get up there.

That's it for now folks!