The Flat Head

LFC4ever

I may have to sell my 3001's, after 7 days of wear, they are still too tight on the waist for where i want them to sit, i've been trying to make them stretch, but it doesnt seem like its going to happen, if i size up one, they should fit alot better...

so size 32, 3001s you may see in the supermarket soon, how sad

my waist: 32.5

my hips: 34.5 <~~ this is killing me for these jeans

I may have to sell my 3001's, after 7 days of wear, they are still too tight on the waist for where i want them to sit, i've been trying to make them stretch, but it doesnt seem like its going to happen, if i size up one, they should fit alot better...

id most likely take your flatheads, depending on actual measurements

Bummer. :(

Wish I could trade you mine, since they are 34s and too loose for my liking! But I've already worn the hell out of them.

And I would offer to buy 'em outright but I've already got my eyes on a pair of Wrath Arcanes new raw jeans, so I'm outta the running.

Hope you can sell them and get another pair. 3001s were my first pair of raw selvege and I love 'em!

We've got ONE size 33 left, i'll do you a favor cause you were screwed by the sizing from a Japanese store..

I'll give you the size 33 3001 for $230, shipped.

PM me..

We've got ONE size 33 left, i'll do you a favor cause you were screwed by the sizing from a Japanese store..

I'll give you the size 33 3001 for $230, shipped.

PM me..

Yet another example of how cool Kiya is, (as if the frikin' denim tuxedo wasn't enough)

just wondering, why is the 3001 more popular than the 5100XX limited ed. 10th anniv? better fit? color? fading?

CAUSE I MADE IT SEXY

Seriously though, it's a slimmer fit. If you could graft denim onto skin for 'skin tight' jeans, superfuture would be all over it.

just wondering, why is the 3001 more popular than the 5100XX limited ed. 10th anniv? better fit? color? fading?

yeah wondering are they made with the same denim ( duh 13.75 oz compared to 14.5 oz) ... anyone?

Because of two reasons..

1. The denim used for the 3001 and F310 is the 3XXX denim which has those amazing fading properties that people dig

2. The fit is absolutely perfect if you're looking for a slim fitting jean that's still classic looking

if it's not the same denim, they'll tend to fade differently.

the higher the oz it seems, the harder to leave an imprint.

although this does not mean fading is more difficult or less difficult, but is usually less pronounced as there are still dark warp threads under the immediate surface of the jean.

the 5100XX is perfect for tall people (like what someone posted here earlier). the wide leg opening compliments the slightly longer rise. at first it was tight in the waste but has stretched to tag size.

i don't like skinny jeans anyway...

not to litter up the thread with stupid questions, but i was looking into buying a pair of 3001's from the self edge online store and was wondering what size i should get being that i wear a 31 normally.

You wear a 31 in what brands/models of jeans?

Has anyone noticed how these jeans are big and poof out on the ass? Mine are a 33 and fit ok on the waist, but after 2 soaks the butt area is way too roomy. Do you just keep washing and wearing until they take on a reasonable shape is the cut just crappy?

Has anyone noticed how these jeans are big and poof out on the ass? Mine are a 33 and fit ok on the waist, but after 2 soaks the butt area is way too roomy. Do you just keep washing and wearing until they take on a reasonable shape is the cut just crappy?

Raw denim, and especially denim as stiff as Flat Head's, will not sit properly until worn at least 15 or 20 times.

Hey guys,

been looking at this thread and its past pages. couldn't really come up with a concensus, but it appears that I should get my true waist size, 31.

I wear a sz 29 in APC NS, and just want the same fit as those jeans. Are the legs of the F310/3100 tapered? On selfedge, it appears that the hem is around ~8 (in my waist size), compared to the 7.75" hem of my APC NS.

Are these good to stack? Seems as if the hem would be quite large and hard to stack with... looking at the pics, the jeans definetely look slim and tapered, but I don't understand how with a pretty regular hem opening

So should I go with a size 30 or 31? I want the slim tapered legs like my APC NS

A lot of people are complaining that the fit is really tight post-soak, but can't I just wear a sz 29 to make sure they don't get too tight?

Thanks all