I go to a small school in the middle of nowhere. I'm taking a digital photography course. Earlier in the year I did a small series of photos of NYC at night, so my professor wanted me to continue that set for my final project.

Small town in Conneticut or NY?

holy hell that is too true. id need like 10 more hands and feet to count all the hip, am. photog. girls i know who insist on putting those black borders around their pictures. i remember in photo 1 the teacher talked about black borders vs white yaddayaddarhpejfjwgj

The last picture would've been awesome without the out of focus foreground. I try to use selective DoF when isolating a subject so when I see it in a picture like this it confuses me. I would've like to have seen all the wonderful branches in focus, creates a nice pattern along with the berries.

And for my contribution>>

Moon Halo

2087362697_a8f49aed00.jpg

Really quick attempt at light painting myself.

2087953216_d1eb93849f_o.jpg

The last picture would've been awesome without the out of focus foreground. I try to use selective DoF when isolating a subject so when I see it in a picture like this it confuses me. I would've like to have seen all the wonderful branches in focus, creates a nice pattern along with the berries.

i actually have 5 versions from that angle. i only emailed myself that one i think. unfortunately since the CD drive on this comp does not work, i had to do it from the downstairs comp, and im too lazy to send them all (like 180 images). i was very specific in what i emailed, sorta just what caught my eye at the time.

here are a few more:

DSC_0156.jpg

DSC_0161.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

i sorta went overboard on the close focus with this batch. im gonna play around with my 88-200mm to get some nice big wide shots of my backyard tomorrow.

this is consistently my fav thread.

jeepster, the vibrant red against the dark background of your 3rd photo is great.

masuerte's light painting. looks like your being zapped with 600000000000 volts, just before turnong into the next crime fighting superhero (or baddy)

and notsee's grainy look. from high ISO? looks appropriate to the scene nonetheless

recently bought a 35mm, and when you talk about developing and scanning, is it that simple? obviously its what it says, but will developing in a regular photo shop and scanning on my college's scanners do? just wondering if i should maybe do it more professionaly, or certainly think about it in future...thanks

anyone give this a quick answer? thanks

yeah my college has a darkroom but its just finding the time and of course booking it, bit of a hassle really. would i be alright getting them developed at any old photo place to start with? just to see what the results are like?

got myself an olympus trip, heard some good things about it, can't wait for it to come now.