random question because i'm curious....

for all you shooting film, what's your setup in terms of film format, geat, and film?

do you develop yourself or bring it to a lab?

Camera- Nikomat FT2

Lenses- 50mm f2, 135 mm f3.5

Film- Kodak Tri X 400

I'm kinda curious about medium format cameras though, I'd love to try shooting with one

I develop my own stuff. Here are some of my shots, my scanner sucks though so they look a bit crooked and the quality was raped

06-28-2008021604AM.jpg

06-28-2008021813AM.jpg

06-28-2008021030AM.jpg

Camera- Nikomat FT2

Lenses- 50mm f2, 135 mm f3.5

Film- Kodak Tri X 400

I'm kinda curious about medium format cameras though, I'd love to try shooting with one

I develop my own stuff. Here are some of my shots, my scanner sucks though so they look a bit crooked and the quality was raped

i strongly suggest making the leap into medium format. the increase in detail is great and you get better tone and sharpness and it works really well for scanning. I use a twin lens reflex that is really cool, its a Yashica. theyre fairly affordable these days and have pretty good lenses. for medium format film i use tri-x400 for b/w and kodak porta 160vc and fujifilm velvia for color. for 35mm i use delta100, to decrease grain when desired.

i develop and print bw myself, send out for color. i don't even own a digital camera: konica hexar rf, canon new f-1, nikon f, rollei 6008i, fuji gw690iii, fuji gsw690iii, and linhof kardan lt. gonna nab a fuji gf670 and one of the new ff dslrs when they're released in the fall. i mostly use a normal lens, though i have moderate wide angles and short teles for this or that camera as needed.

if you're just starting out in film, i would make a list of your favorite photographers and find out what they use. it doesn't matter if you start with a 35mm p&s or an 8x10 field camera.

jesus legacy. would rep if i could. how did you get that lighting?

Had a wireless Vivitar 285hv flash setup to bounce off the ground and at the wheel just to the left of the camera. Tweaked the curves in Lightroom to get the contrasty effect.