ETERNAL 811 Contest 10/10/10 - 12/12/12

beatle

I've noticed little to no trading flurry, owing to reliable sizing/measurements, I guess. I love my raw fit (SUO) so I now kinda wish I'd sized up 2. Anyone have still-raw 33 they want to trade for a 32?

I too really liked my raw fit too so I just did a cold soak. There wasn't much shrinkage in the.thighs but the inseam thankfully shrank about three inches. The waist dropped one too.

Just got home from my brother's wedding and put on the Eternals for Day 1.

101_1872.jpg

Ran I feel on the same boat as you and want to get mine hemmed again, but then again, I live in NYC while you are on the other side of the world so it would not be as long as of a wait. :( I was going to wait a month for everything to be taken care of before I start to bother Gordon again.

not too tight, your cuffs look just about as huge as mine but since youre in nyc you should really get a hem.

so many great fits out there, these are turning out to be an awesome contest pair with no noticeable hip flare. very value for money. my favourite fit so far has to go out to chambo though. great fit on those.

gah! so jealous of you all! next week i'm gonna put you all to shame with my pair! (i hope...)

I soaked yesterday and started today. Love the fit sized up. #26

Thing is, my camera died yesterday when I was about to take pics. Is it okay I don't post starting pics or am I going to get shit for this later? It seems that since we are going over 2 years we're pretty lenient with starting dates and rules, so are you all ok with no dated starting pics from me?

Mr. Haga,

I'm gonna hunt you down and slap you with those jawns till you're begging for mercy.

Couldn't resist..

Wear in peace

How sweet it would be to be bitchslapped with a pair of eternals by beatle....

After reading some concerns here I was a little apprehensive about having sized up (usually wear 34 or 35 when available, got 36 in these) but I am so happy with how they fit. I have a 3" cuff after a hot soak so they're too long but I don't want to machine wash because the top block fits so comfortably... Still might have to though to get some length off.

I soaked yesterday and started today. Love the fit sized up. #26

Thing is, my camera died yesterday when I was about to take pics. Is it okay I don't post starting pics or am I going to get shit for this later? It seems that since we are going over 2 years we're pretty lenient with starting dates and rules, so are you all ok with no dated starting pics from me?

I seem to recall reading further back in this thread that Beatle said the only requirement was to post finished photos by the deadline. She wanted to keep things flexible and fun in this contest, and I don't recall her saying that initial photos are required.

I'm sure she'll correct me if I'm wrong, though.

After reading some concerns here I was a little apprehensive about having sized up (usually wear 34 or 35 when available, got 36 in these) but I am so happy with how they fit. I have a 3" cuff after a hot soak so they're too long but I don't want to machine wash because the top block fits so comfortably... Still might have to though to get some length off.

That sounds good. Your size numbers are the same as mine. About the length I'm planning to wear them cuffed, double if that's what it takes, and maybe hem later on.

@commodorewheeler: Don't you even read the 2-3 posts before the last one? ;)

Just checked the Track & Confirm: Out of Foreign Customs, October 11, 2010, 2:45 pm

-Yea baby! I hope that means I'll be picking up fresh denim tomorrow...

#76 Checking in. Mom brought these from the US to Shanghai on 10/8 along with YouRen's pair. I got married on 10/9. Partied till about 4am, and got up with a massive hangover. First thing to do... Take pics and prep the jeans.

eternal-1.jpg

Pre and Post fit pics

eternal1.jpg

SUO

Pre-meas. Post meas.

Waist 84cm Waist 80cm

Inseam 88cm Inseam 80cm

Front Rise 29.5cm Front rise 27cm

Back Rise 40cm Back Rise 37cm

60C wash. Tumble dry till slightly damp. Both jeans measured the same before and after.

SUO

Pre-meas. Post meas.

Waist 84cm Waist 80cm

Inseam 88cm Inseam 80cm

Front Rise 29.5cm Front rise 27cm

Back Rise 40cm Back Rise 37cm

60C wash. Tumble dry till slightly damp. Both jeans measured the same before and after.

Awesome fit. I'm really glad I went with the 34 now. It's more or less SDO now (been going to gym to get fit for snowboarding so waist is 35") and based on your measurements, will fit perfect with a hot soak, hot wash and damp dry. Psyched!

#76 Checking in. Mom brought these from the US to Shanghai on 10/8 along with YouRen's pair. I got married on 10/9. Partied till about 4am, and got up with a massive hangover.

Woah. 811 + nuptials!? This contest is getting pretty ridiculouz!

Wait, what? If there isn't any hip flare to start off with, it ain't going to suddenly appear. If anything it is the other way around; Start off with hip flare, the more you wear the less apparent it becomes.

I've definitely experienced increasing hip flare as they start to stretch. But I do agree that it does subside with more wears/washes.

I'm still waiting for tracking info.

It's okay, I've decided to hold off on wearing mine, simply because I can't stand studying 16 hours a day wearing tight denim.