ETERNAL 811 Contest 10/10/10 - 12/12/12

beatle

I screwed up sizing..unless I gain about 20 pounds I am simply not able to wear them...for sentimental reasons I'm keeping them - and maybe one day when I'm in my 50's these will fit...watch this space - might be the most delayed contestant ever..

I screwed up sizing..unless I gain about 20 pounds I am simply not able to wear them...for sentimental reasons I'm keeping them - and maybe one day when I'm in my 50's these will fit...watch this space - might be the most delayed contestant ever..

Sorry to hear about the sizing. That stinks, putting all that work into the contest and not getting to wear them....

I guess I get the dubious honor of having the first repair. My pocket bags already blew, with the stitching coming off...

psSsb.jpg

Both sides are like that...

27CZA.jpg

Black thread, handstitch + the Office = Pockets again!

Well I am going to have to start my 4th repair tomorrow. First was a tear in the front then the back pocket corner then the beginning of some crotch blow out but I noticed on my ride home that the area next to it blew out. Being 22 and still growing sucks, not only do over half my shirts not fit anymore, my jeans keep getting smaller and smaller which only means more repairs in the future :(

The damage

picsay-1294890410.jpg

my right pocket is starting to do the same thing. not sure the pocket bags are the sturdiest. . .

I bought a pair of 811s at Bears in 2007 and I remember the pockets being thick canvas, but a pair purchased from the same place in 2010 has much thinner pocket canvas. Obviously materials and/or construction methods have changed slightly. Not hatin on Eternal, they're still one of my favourite brands, I just miss those old heavy duty pockets :(