Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

I've only worn it a few times and there's basically no evo yet. It's beautiful, but a bit intimidating in all its glorious psychedelism... I wash it at home, cold wash / inside out / hang dry, the usual.

022F36BA-4EF0-4714-B367-E757E67E43E1.jpeg

Edited by JDelage

Thanx for the photo.   I see what u mean by, “intimidating in all its glorious psychedelism...”, but shit’s like free-basing indigo, man.

IMO,  the  psychedelia could prolly be tuned down a tad with khakis or something neutral.   I had a similar patterned shirt a long time ago w/c I wear under a cpo or windbreaker, etc.

Edited by BrownMetallic

1 hour ago, BrownMetallic said:

IMO,  the  psychedelia could prolly be tuned down a tad with khakis or something neutral.

So, not wabash?

JK Yes, it would work better with something solid & unblue.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2020 at 11:32 AM, maharu said:

Did you get them? What do you think? :)

They're really fun light easy to wear here in Austin. 8 Ounce I think super light weight. My gf says I look like a farmer in them. Perfect. I'll post a pic soon I guess I should...

8 hours ago, thedapperdane said:

They're really fun light easy to wear here in Austin. 8 Ounce I think super light weight. My gf says I look like a farmer in them. Perfect. I'll post a pic soon I guess I should...

Sounds like what you would want from a pair like this! Looking forward to see some pics! :)

On 7/25/2020 at 2:03 AM, maharu said:

Sounds like what you would want from a pair like this! Looking forward to see some pics! :)

Ok here are some pics. These jeans were not readily available Pantshop.jp helped me get them. I purchased them wayyyyyy back in january of 2020....thinking of the hot summers here in Texas...I'm not a shorts type of guy. Anyhoo they are an 8 ounze denim with the buckle in back.... . Took me a minute to figure out how best to wear these. I think the rolled up works - this is not a fancy denim. Girlfriend hates buckle backs (oops) I mean h a t e s. We are still together, however. Peace out ya'll and thanks Jdelage i think it was you who advised me how to purchase these in the first place. (don't know how to copy and paste user names that's how dim I am). Wearing these with pink vans from last years MrPorter blow out sale and a Billy Reid linen shirt from a while back.

FullSizeRender 2.jpeg

IMG_1685.JPG

IMG_1683.JPG

• 1 month later...
On 7/27/2020 at 8:51 PM, thedapperdane said:

Ok here are some pics. These jeans were not readily available Pantshop.jp helped me get them. I purchased them wayyyyyy back in january of 2020....thinking of the hot summers here in Texas...I'm not a shorts type of guy. Anyhoo they are an 8 ounze denim with the buckle in back.... . Took me a minute to figure out how best to wear these. I think the rolled up works - this is not a fancy denim. Girlfriend hates buckle backs (oops) I mean h a t e s. We are still together, however. Peace out ya'll and thanks Jdelage i think it was you who advised me how to purchase these in the first place. (don't know how to copy and paste user names that's how dim I am). Wearing these with pink vans from last years MrPorter blow out sale and a Billy Reid linen shirt from a while back.

FullSizeRender 2.jpeg

IMG_1685.JPG

IMG_1683.JPG

What size did you get and how did the shrink & stretch so far?

looking for something lighter than those D1596 from a couple of years back...

^ @Foxy2 I ordered a size 33 and it is currently measuring 17.25 inches across - based on that I could have gone with a size 32 - the inseam is 31 1/4  

(I really enjoy them because they're the kind of jeans that don't take themselves too seriously - they're fun to wear - happy light comfy easy breezy)

They've been through the washer and drier I think - tbh they're being put to work

Edited by thedapperdane
adding stuff

On 9/4/2020 at 6:30 PM, thedapperdane said:

^ @Foxy2 I ordered a size 33 and it is currently measuring 17.25 inches across - based on that I could have gone with a size 32 - the inseam is 31 1/4  

(I really enjoy them because they're the kind of jeans that don't take themselves too seriously - they're fun to wear - happy light comfy easy breezy)

They've been through the washer and drier I think - tbh they're being put to work

Many thanks!

5 hours ago, oomslokop said:

i actually like just lightly soaking my jeans at first and then have the combs overlap as they set at different spots the more i wash them. i like the blurriness. crispy combs look a bit terrifying to me. 

Exactly!  That has always been my path on most of my denim.

Conversely,  it’s a more common practice to try to get the shrinkage out of the way ASAP to stabilize the fabric before setting the creases ... but, in reality, the denim moves & twist as it’s worn & washed.

So, initially, I just hot soak X2 to get some shrinkage,  most especially on the length, before breaking them in.  Then,  hold off washing for as long as I can & just do periodic soaks to unclog the yarn of dirt & grime.

In effect, the combs permanently record, like in lapse photography,  a snapshot of the movement of the denim as the legs slowly twist ... more of a shadow combs, as opposed to the “terrifying” crisp 3D combs:biggrin:

Thanks for sharing!

Edited by BrownMetallic

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/7/2020 at 2:56 PM, BrownMetallic said:

:rolleyes: Actually, I’m supposed to be on a purge moderight now .... but, accidentally stumbled into these. 

Was curious about the denim produced on a Toyoda shuttle loom called G3.  

ODSDA-001:

• 15 oz. Original 'G3' Slub Unsanforized Selvedge denim 
  • Relax Tapered [fits more on the slim side]
  • Pink Selvedge ID
  • 4 Black Button/Selvedge fly flaps
  • Natural Indigo Kasezome pocket bags & back pocket lining
  • Raised belt loops
  • Fifth pocket selvedge detail
  • Pony Hair-on-hide leather patch

BBD8B4E6-C32E-46A6-A271-A009C22E650E.thumb.jpeg.fdb6ec875140c9fb90ff3c6db3ccc3fb.jpegC1EA63B2-9E50-42EA-8225-C1E93AFDB68C.thumb.jpeg.91d1dbf0d6ddec2364977221c7210b27.jpeg118EAA0C-0F1E-4E79-B08D-0664E032FFF4.thumb.jpeg.808c1037f3a6c9bab1994ff59399971c.jpeg

DC7B6ABE-175F-4ECB-9346-D30E140AA454.thumb.jpeg.2f7f2db61037fed5635e0ec2f407d0f9.jpeg

^These W34s are still DRY.  However,  lately I’ve been worried that I might not be able to get back to wearing my W34s ... & I don’t wanna miss out on the G3.

So,  a pair of W36 came my way & I did not hesitate to grab them. These were warm washed & hang dried.  If these work out, I’ll just sell the DRYs.

1F0E823B-40C3-43CC-A8CF-22128869B568.gif.8c33c1c50092deb1314f199609a9f4ea.gif

39ABCA41-52E8-421E-B3EE-93C4E0155075.thumb.jpeg.0bdc034ac8d72739147b61961079ee08.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

^The OG 15oz denim and SDA constructional stitching just don't give up. Am and have been wearing the mystery 102s in rotation with the GBG contest jeans and the TCBs. They have 3 small holes in the crotch, the pocket openings are tearing and what not, but the stitching stays intact and the holes just don't get any bigger it seems.

Edited by Thanks_M8