Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

Received the Studio D’Artisan indigo dyed flannel shirt from Okayama Denim weeks ago but just now able to post photos again; 2 days free shipping Japan to Florida, amazing! The shirt is all we’ve come to expect from SDA. Perfect weight flannel fabric, vivid colors, lots of deep indigo, precise workmanship, nice buttons, chainstitch runoff, generous cut as befits a flannel shirt. 

F386D8A7-918D-4894-9A08-D62BD734CD3C.thumb.jpeg.195db0e9ff678dcadd7fcf3e48fe3b47.jpeg

Edited by lance

Hey, JDelage, as requested, size 46:  

shoulder to shoulder - 21”

pit to pit - 25”

sleeve length middle of collar to end of cuff - 36”

collar - 18”

length in back below collar to end of hem - 30”

I put it aside waiting for January and forgot how heavy it is, this shirt will keep you warm!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2019 at 6:34 PM, Maynard Friedman said:

This jacket deserves a round of applause, how long have you been wearing it? What’s the weight/model no, etc...?

Around 2.5 years of wear. It is the SDA D4385, so 15oz blue ID selvedge. I think 5 washes. Near daily wear, except really hot summer days. 

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a fit pic of my SDA D1712 which I bought from @beautiful_FrEaK back in 2017. These have not seen much wear as I have been going back and forth if I like the fit or not. They taper a bit too much bit too soon and make the lower thigh feel constricting. Anyway, they have now been back in rotation now and feel like a fresh change after some more spacious cuts.

81T8puf.jpg

LK6Xpjs.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting new product announcement / pre-order on SDA: http://www.dartisan-onlineshop.com/SHOP/SP-079.html

- Fox cotton

- Natural indigo

- No rivet - cotton thread throughout

- Wood buttons

- Loosish straightish cut (but still fairly short rise)

- 42,000 Yens...

On 11/16/2019 at 8:38 PM, JDelage said:

Interesting new product announcement / pre-order on SDA: http://www.dartisan-onlineshop.com/SHOP/SP-079.html

More pics & details on OD. https://www.okayamadenim.com/products/studio-dartisan-40th-anniversary-earth-jeans-regular-straight

Edit: Fabric flasher...

Edited by JDelage

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You wanna soak them? They‘re already one wash

Does anyone have an SDA FoxFibre garment in coyote that’s gone through a few washes by this point? I’m thinking about the loopwheeled sweatshirt they just released, but the stock photos appear a bit light. If it were to get a little more reddish-brown like in photos of the jacket (or darker), that would be ideal, so I’m curious if people have actually seen the cotton get noticeably darker with washing.

I have the jacket and the sweatshirt. I'll take pics later, when the sun is up, but the sweat is indeed materially lighter than the jacket, even though it's been washed more.

edit: added a pic. The jacket is underneath the sweatshirt.

edit: I've had the sweat since November 2018, but I've only washed it 3-5 times I think. For some reason I don't wear it very often (I'm wearing it now though, and it's super soft!)

8C2F276B-CEF7-4BE7-AC3D-0D94834A8A48.jpeg

Edited by JDelage

@JDelage Thanks so much! That photo helps a lot, it’s definitely quite light compared to the all-coyote jacket.

If you don’t mind, what’s your general impression of the sweatshirt - anything that stands out or is it a fairly standard loopwheeled sweat? (Admittedly a very high “standard”). And this phrasing may sound stupid, but does the sweatshirt In person come off more as a discernible color (albeit light) or as an off-white?