what are you reading today?

almondcrush

Yeeeeees

Read Galapagos, Cat's Cradle, and the Siren's of Titan. --My favorites of his

thanks i'll look into those as well. bluebeard turns out to be the book i've been looking for about 'art history' and a barn lol so i'm pretty happy :)

...all the cool people on the train read cat's cradle though lol

Tisswat, I read Life of Pi in Dutch, and I was somewhat disappointed too, but I think people just praised it so much it had to disappoint. There are may ways to interpret the end though, and I like that.

I read that Jonathan Safran Foer novel too, in Dutch. I don't know. Very much "high literature".

Now finished reading:

3444728890_e5a9c6e16f.jpg?v=0

This is beautiful. Read it.

i was kinda disappointed with Life of Pi I guess even before the hype...might just be due to human nature lol

---

and god is that photo up there really necessary

yes Bigyen, Biiiiiiiger BIIIIIIIIIGEEEEER!

Come on, C0C0. Don't you want to be the cool person on the train with a pink and green V in your hand?

Next:

Njal's Saga

the Kings' Sagas (at least Heimskringla)

The Prose and Poetic Edda

Then you will officially attain viking-ballerhood and are entitled to wear a Thor's Hammer with your ninj-goth steez.

I would also include Beowulf in this viking minimum, and Niebelunglied.

On that note:

s36-th.jpg

rousseaudiscours.jpg

Alwayz a stressed out college kid conceptz.

respeeect

(I read that too, but in a modern edition)

Now finished reading:

3444728890_e5a9c6e16f.jpg?v=0

This is beautiful. Read it.

---

and god is that photo up there really necessary

This must be an early edition of this 1933 novel, before 1940. I think the cover is beautiful.

Finally finished Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close today - very impressive read.

I'm thinking about reading another Murakami next, but so far I've only read Norwegian Wood and I loved it, so I'm a bit worried his more trippy/fantasy stuff will be disappointing.

Does any of you use www.goodreads.com? Great site for exploring new titles/authors.

Finally finished Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close today - very impressive read.

I'm thinking about reading another Murakami next, but so far I've only read Norwegian Wood and I loved it, so I'm a bit worried his more trippy/fantasy stuff will be disappointing.

Does any of you use www.goodreads.com? Great site for exploring new titles/authors.

I've used that website before a few times when I needed to find something to read

In the process of reading this, came up in another reading I was doing, so I thought It would be a good read

14667054.JPG

^ a friend of mine collects that novel: in every country he buys a translation.

Lots and lots of Meester en Margarita's in the world.

I'm just starting to learn about the role and influence this book has in modern western culture and it's amazing. I found this website in four languages that is entirely dedicated to it and discusses every single detail in the book and every play, movie and music related or inspired by it. The guy behind it even studied Russian just so he could read it in its original language. Never knew the book had such a dedicated following.

I'm just starting to learn about the role and influence this book has in modern western culture and it's amazing. I found this website in four languages that is entirely dedicated to it and discusses every single detail in the book and every play, movie and music related or inspired by it. The guy behind it even studied Russian just so he could read it in its original language. Never knew the book had such a dedicated following.

Bulgakov is a good writer. I also recommend to read his humorous play "Ivan Vasilievich", and his novel "Heart of a Dog". Although I am not sure that his play is translated into other languages (what a pity).