what are you reading today?

almondcrush

A bit of variation, my two christmas gift novels, just wrapped up the second one last night:

18082311xy7.gif

exorcistyj8.jpg

It gave me a new-found appreciation of the film. Not only for still being the only movie to really terrify me, but for being so close to the book. Though I'm glad they didn't make the spiderwalk scene exactly like the book. Fuck that noise.

i finished Wind Up Bird Chronicle and I liked it enough

:shrug:

he just doesn't light my fire----his prose is like an oxycontin stupor or like the dreams after a drinking binge

not a bad space to float around in i guess

:shrug again:

read most but never finished never finished this... i was probably around page 500ish. I left the book on top of my car one time leaving school, probably high, and i suppose i never noticed it fall

he just doesn't light my fire----his prose is like an oxycontin stupor or like the dreams after a drinking binge

read most but never finished never finished this... I left the book on top of my car one time leaving school, probably high, and i suppose i never noticed it fall

i have been meaning to reread the whole run of sandman

it has been soooooooo long

i will probably get more out of it on the other side of adolescence

i started reading both Murakami's What I Talk About When I Talk About Running and The Parade's Gone By----an (interview-based) account of the Silent Era of film

juggling three books is unusual for me but the subject matter is disparate enough

i have been meaning to reread the whole run of sandman

it has been soooooooo long

i will probably get more out of it on the other side of adolescence

This is my first read through and I'm really enjoying it. I love the storyline with hob and the sandman. (Guy he meets every 100 years in the tavern.) Any recommendations for other Neil Gaiman comics/books worth reading?

I read alot of murakamai books in a row a while back and they are all just one blur. Found them enjoyable and think are really just kids stories for adults. Thought the one about the guy who was living in two worlds, with the bone reading would make a great manga film.

This is my first read through and I'm really enjoying it. I love the storyline with hob and the sandman. (Guy he meets every 100 years in the tavern.) Any recommendations for other Neil Gaiman comics/books worth reading?

i cant say it gets any better than sandman. black orchid is okay but forgettable. miracleman was good, i guess, though again, not as epic as sandman. i havent read any of his post SM work.

as far as his novels go, i only read Good Omens, which was a riot, but it reads more like Terry Pratchett (with whom he cowrote the book) than NG.

n271564.jpg

Blonde Roots is the story of a young girl, captured by slave traders and transported to a life of barely credible savagery in the New World. Slavery has been documented in minute detail and the floggings, rapes and amputations suffered by runaways are well known. But Doris is blonde and English, her new masters black and African, and 400 years of history are presented in a new and disconcerting guise.

http://www.youmightfindyourself.com/post/68816639/blond-roots