Thai Levi's Fakes

andrewyit

Seriously though, I'm amazed you found a true 32 inseam. When I was doing the rounds I was amazed to find anything over 31. Although there was one guy in Chatuchak who said they'd do custom orders if you wanted.

There is a thai fake with a black leather patch instead of the typical brown ones. These tend to have the longest inseams (found one in a 33). Then there are the paper brown patches which tend to be the second longest. Then the brown and white which tend to be small.

However, the black patched ones are also the lightest denim.

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the info guys, i was in Chang Mai searching for jeans too, there were so many stalls all along one street, it was like replica heaven, i ended up getting two pairs of the raws from Chatachak and both fit really badly i wore them once or twice and got funny looks, they must be about 3" too short. i bought a nice pair of edwins though from a second hand jean shop on the ground floor in MBK i tried on a lot of really nice faded out Levi's that day that i turned down, i made the mistake of going to Chatachak in the afternoon in the 40 degree sunshine, i just tried on a pair of raws there, made the deal and got the hell out of there. Bangkok was hot as hell, Chang mai was much more chilled,i love it there, its like paradise compared to England, now i know where to find them i can try again, MBK was awsome, much better than i thought it would be.

Guest DCDenim

wow those fakes look better than the real deal, selvage denim no less and $10 lol

I'd pay $50-$100 no question.. Not like I would fly to Thailand and find this shit on my own.

• 4 weeks later...
edit: actually that fuckhead sold me the pair of 32x32 thai fakes from above and the inseam was like fucking 28 inches

fuck you, you cocksucker im gonna end all your ebay auctions right now

You asked for 32x32 i sent out 32x32 tagged size to you . you didnt ask me for any measurements so i didnt take them. your own fault not mine. and btw thanks for all the nice words ..:)

• 2 months later...

Man I like the top pair way better. Hidden pocket selvedge and denim looks nice as well.

• 2 months later...

I'm new to this forum but not so much to denim.

I have a fairly respectable collection of LVC, RRL, plus some vintage Levi's and Wranglers among other more luxurious pieces from 45RPM and Sugar Cane.

I do appreciate truly premium garments, but I must say, these Thai fakes that I snagged for next to nothing get more wear than anything I own.

They fit me beyond perfectly.

SANY1098.jpg

SANY1094.jpg

SANY1095.jpg

SANY1096.jpg

SANY1100.jpg

SANY1101.jpg

SANY1102.jpg

...gotta love the overly exaggerated, huge red line selvedge

SANY1103.jpg

more to come in the next post.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking great, discostas.

Still seeing Thai stuff turning up on eBay for more $$$ than the real thing. For reference, here are two that were on this week -the fake went for $90, the LVC for $80. Turns out there are people who still can't tell the difference. Luckily, it was a SuFu'er who bought the real one.

From San Francisco

211362123_o.jpg

From Thailand

lvclabel2.jpg

As always, the most obvious difference is the fabric; the fake, sold by lucky2haveit, has the typical dark Thai denim colour, probably blackened with sulphur in the dye; the original has a lovely distinctive selvage denim made by Kurabo, with subtle loom imperfections. The construction on the fake is again completely different to the LVC: chainstitching (which doesn't appear on early jackets), wrong colour stitching, etc etc etc.

On the fake, they haven't bothered to put the right 2-horse patch; they've simply used the same one from the fake 201 jeans rather than the correct 213 code, and the patch shows identical imperfections noted above.Side by side, you can see that almost every part of the fake patch differs from the correct one.

MORE FAKE 201

• 4 months later...

I know that there are questions about these proxies, but do we have any for sure that would send out these fake Levi's? It would be nice to know for sure that there is a proxy for these instead of getting a bunh of posts all the time saying who will proxy.

• 2 weeks later...

Was in Bangkok a few weeks ago and was disappointed to find that the quality of worn fakes has totally crashed since I was last there in 2006/7.

They're using different denim now, but the Thai workmen have really caught onto the money they can make reselling & the actual jeans are less unique and more dirty than faded, like they've been rushed through rather than actually worn for any real length of time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

^Don't really know much about weaving but you're probably right. The other pairs were the classic red line selvage. Most probably the same denim, from some big factory where they still use shuttle looms. However the dyeing was done differently on different "brands". Some of them smelled awful, like bad paint...