Thai Levi's Fakes

andrewyit

not every pair of VINTAGE SELVEGE stf 501's is going to twist severly like a 1/4 of a turn or more. i have seen pairs with almost zero to 1/8 rotation on the leg.

is that better? it was implied i was talking about "vintage" levis. would i waste my time on anything but?? i know it's hard to believe but the above statement is true. not every pair is going to twist the 1/4 of a turn we all like to see.

Sorry PartyTaco, I forgot you are the king of the 45rpm, so why would you possibly waist your time with riff raff like the STF 501s.

Back to the point I was making. There is neither a leg twist on the left leg, nor is there a leg twist on the right leg. Are you trying to say that there are vintage levis that have similar leg twisting traits as the images posted?

Edit: Actually, better yet. Don't answer that question. I don't want your panties to get in a bunch.

^^^ exactly. I was thinking about offering the service, but people we so so so demanding - acting like little bitches. I think some of them just couldn't comprehend that Thailand isn't America, and that the places that sell these jeans aren't like American shops. The jeans are sold in big piles by someone who doesn't speak English that well and/ or necessarily understand why westerners are so fussy about things like the wrong coloured patch on the back of 501s.

For the sake of earning $10 comission here and there, and then facing up with piss-ant buyers it just wasn't worth it for me - esp as I had PMs from people asking if they could return the jeans if they didn't fit - WTF?

sorry - my early morning rant

I would definitely be willing to pay 30-40 bucks for those. A 4x markup doesn't seem that bad when you consider you're paying that for regular STFs. Hell, my cell phone bill is usually less than $40.

Saw these on the bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Levis-LVC-levis-501XX-selvage-UNwashed-sz-30x34_W0QQitemZ290164551211QQihZ019QQcategoryZ11483QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

What is the deal with these. Can't believe they haven't been reported to Ebay yet. Are these legit? For the price I assume fake. Also haven't had much experience with Japanese LVC.

• 3 months later...

I just dropped some heavy cash on a pair that I hope aren't Thai Fakes...I'll post pics hopefully by tonight.

Just out of curiosity...do Thai fakes come complete with Japanese price tags?

The ones I picked up had Japanese tags on them and I couldn't hesitate so I pulled the trigger and bought them. They seemed real....if they are I got a steal and if they are fake I got assed out the the maximum. PWND status :(

Here we go...

So a little background...these came from a "general store" in the boonies of Fukuoka. The price I paid was way under retail, but enough that I will be anally raped with no lube if they are Thai fakes.

Can anyone help me out and shed some light? Much appreciated! :o

Hard072.jpg

Hard074.jpg

Hard075.jpg

Hard076.jpg

Hard077.jpg

Hard079.jpg

Hard080.jpg

Hard081.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hate to stir up an old thread but here goes:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320291669405&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123#ebayphotohosting

I emailed this guy with a polite msg telling him that these were thai fakes. Seeing he had 100 percent feedback and I didnt want him to ruin it. This guy emails me back the following:

Just to let you know I work for Levi's in the Design team here in London and you are wrong these are not FAKE & as you'll see from my feedback I'm a reputable eBayer. I would really get your facts straight before you pass your unqualified judgement

So seeing that I have unqualified judgement(!) I would like some more unqualified judgements from here:

1eae_1.JPG

2431_1.JPG

Comments??

if they are not thai fakes they are some other kind of fakes. no question.

you could list these as reasons for the seller:

-exposed coin pocket selvage

-leather patch

-selvage belt loop

-levis from that time period did not have dark redline selvage, but more of a pink color

-arcuates are the wrong shape

if we could see full shots of the jeans, i think they would look even more obviously fake... im guessing that the outseams are fairly straight instead of twisted as they should be

Exposed selvedge, guy deserves to get fired...

Cheep beat me to it...

Actually, what this proves once again is the complete mess that Levi's as a company is in, sad to see, but true...

Also, looking at the auction pics, can't exactly say for sure but looks like it has a 4 button rise and from these pics the buttons could be donuts aswel... everything screams wrong, the most obvious being the selvedge...

Guy should show more pics as he says he can in the auction, should also be able to tell how he aquired these, and compare some of "all the hallmarks of this period" that these jeans have according to him with another "60's pair or atleast pictures...

given the benefit of the doubt i think the dude really doesn't know that theyre fake. but he's gotta be bullshitting about working on the levi's design team. if he was, he wouldve stressed that more, rather than stressing on "im a reputable buyer" bullshiz.

I was recently in Bangkok for a month. I set up posts on SF, SuFu, and MyNudies. I didn't sell a single pair. My Nudies shut down the thread, SuFu members never responded and SF members were all over the place in terms of sizing and commitment.

Although I understand why selling fakes is bad I don't really see Thai LVC as being fake. Of course they have the insignia which make them fake, but we all know Thais to be very much unlike anything real LVC makes so the comparison is not entirely valid. Comparing Thai Diesels to real Diesels, on the other hand, is a different story: they are virtually the same. In my opinion, Thai LVC just have the misfortune of being branded "Levis" but are a different jean. I don't know, I'm sort of on the fence when it comes to these.

32 inseams can be found but you just have to be persistent. But 31-31.5 is more likely.

To the dude going to Thailand, Chatuchak is where they're at, but if you want better options and easier shopping go to Sapan Poot night market. You can't miss them. They've even got buckle back there which I hadn't seen in Jatujak. But go at night (it's also a day market but the shady goods don't come out till night).

Yeah, I'm with you on regarding the Thai Levis as their own beast, but for real sticklers, there are literally dozens of home-grown brands to be found in any market, (Chatuchak, Sapan Poot, etc.) with only minor differences between them and the 'Levis' (chainstitched hems, coinpocket, etc.).

Seriously though, I'm amazed you found a true 32 inseam. When I was doing the rounds I was amazed to find anything over 31. Although there was one guy in Chatuchak who said they'd do custom orders if you wanted.

No lie, I got a bunch of 32's when I went and I bought 300 baht raws back for a friend of mine which were marked as 34, but did turn to be 33 inseams.

Sapan Poot is a cool market but totally different from Chatuchak. The variety and choice isn't there cos the scale isn't either but the second hand clothes and cheap converse made it for me. I can't wait to get back to Chatuchak though. Place is awesome and I know what I'm looking for next time.

Ozone,

On a different note, if you're going to Thailand and want some genuine Lee from a Lee store listed on their website they can be had in Bangkok for relatively cheap (about 80 bucks I think, maybe more; non-selvage are cheaper). They've got a decent raw selection (some selvage, some not), buckle back and hair on hide. Inseams are about 34, and they are sanforized. I tried on the 101 B, or something like that. Very cool jean but just a tad small for me (34 waist, needed a 36 but they were out of stock and I didn't have time to wait for them to be shipped from Chaing Mai).