japan :: tokyo :: shopping

herpsky

Guest jmatsu

herpsky,

did kitsune really open a record shop in daikanyama (i was there a couple weeks ago...)? their catalog is just not big enough... you are probably referring to bonjur records (next to apc), right?

yeah, you are right.

im talking about the joint next to APC.

it seemed as if the store is kitsune affiliated b/c

most of the CDs & clothes they carried were kitsune

yeah, you are right.

im talking about the joint next to APC.

it seemed as if the store is kitsune affiliated b/c

most of the CDs & clothes they carried were kitsune

Did they have those sweet Kitsune suede chukkas?

Go to Nikko instead of Kamakura for a day trip.

Guest jmatsu

i didn't know for the longest time, but apc apparently owns bonjour.

kitsune's crew just had the "kitsune udon" party, so i guess bonjour is trying to make even more sales (but they def have been carrying kitsune for the longest. they used to not carry so much electo before. it used to be all bossa nova,jazz, and lounge.) i love bonjour records. the other bonjour records is in shinjuku.

i don't know if you're a fan of electro (you like kitsune.), but who do in your opinion has a better selection. loveless or bonjour?

I was actually at Bonjour records like 3 weeks ago myself. Noticed the polos from Green but nothing from Kitsune. Selection is ok. But I didn't notice anything that really caught my eye. Does anyone know the name of the hip-hop record shop near Tokyu Hands in Shibuya? The name escapes me right now...

Guest jmatsu
I was actually at Bonjour records like 3 weeks ago myself. Noticed the polos from Green but nothing from Kitsune. Selection is ok. But I didn't notice anything that really caught my eye. Does anyone know the name of the hip-hop record shop near Tokyu Hands in Shibuya? The name escapes me right now...

there ae alot. uh maybe manhattan records?

there ae alot. uh maybe manhattan records?

Sorry, should have been more precise. Its on the basement B1 floor. And the entire interior is wood? Its been a long time since I've been to Shibuya, so sorry for the vague description.

Guest jmatsu

is it by jeans mate and that goldrush hamburgern joint?

all records, a few mixtapes, and no cd's?

i think it goes by the generic name of "dance records." i can't remember. i too, don't go to shibuya that often (only after 10:30pm, you know what i'm sayin?).

is it by jeans mate and that goldrush hamburgern joint?

all records, a few mixtapes, and no cd's?

i think it goes by the generic name of "dance records." i can't remember. i too, don't go to shibuya that often (only after 10:30pm, you know what i'm sayin?).

Yeah thats it. No mix tapes or CD just records. Cool. Thanks.

ended up buying an atmos north face jacket and LVC low rise customized (it's a pair of pre-distressed 501 with 3D hige / atari and tailored to be low rise. well, i can buy like 8-9 pairs of 501s at macys for the same price...)

there's a really hot chick working at head porter

i was tempted to rub my boner

she looks very similar to kyoko fukada.

im sure she hates those HK resellers

kyoko_fukada.jpg

• 7 months later...
-APC underground was dope but i didnt buy anything. there are like 7 APC stores in tokyo e.g. apc surplus, magazine general APC, APC underground, APC

-dover street market: hella mint. cool shit and cool people

-lost hills, hanjiro, santa monica: i dunno. used clothes... not for me

am i correct to assume that the above shops are located in Daikanyama?? im intereseted in checking out the used clothing shops in tokyo.

i researched that Junky & Second Hand Shop are decent used clothing stores located in Shinjuku. Also read Heatwave is cool, but unsure where it is located. got 3 weeks til i leave & just trying to map out areas to hit up!

DSM is on kottodori in aoyama.

Lost hills, hanjiro, and santa monica are in harajuku.

I know there's a hanjiro in daikanyama as well.

Ragtag in shibuya is pretty good.

PX megastore in kichijyoji is awesome if you are looking for hypebeasty items.

DSM is on kottodori in aoyama.

Lost hills, hanjiro, and santa monica are in harajuku.

I know there's a hanjiro in daikanyama as well.

Ragtag in shibuya is pretty good.

PX megastore in kichijyoji is awesome if you are looking for hypebeasty items.

cool, i just read about ragtag while searching! im not sure what constitutes hypebeasty items, but i'll write that down on my list also!

thanks again for the info Herpsky!

I've found some nice things at space&co;

shibuya store: up the hill 2 blocks from tower records on the left of the street

shinjuku store: on the same street, same side as the ragtag but one block closer to the station

harajuku store: take the back exit from beams int'l, make a right, first left into some backalleyish street

sorry if the directions suck.

I've been meaning to check out this used store too: www.kind.co.jp

haven't had a chance yet but looks like they have nice stuff:

maps; shibuya: http://www.kind.co.jp/shibuya/newpage27.html harajuku: http://www.kind.co.jp/harajuku/map.html

yeah i'm bored at work

• 1 year later...
Does anyone here have any recommendations on where to go and get legit Ray-Ban sunglasses in Tokyo? I know that the department stores like Isetan carries them, but they're really expensive! It's almost 2x the cost of what a pair would normally cost in the US!

Welcome to Japan. Everything is expensive here.

there's no reason to buy imported "jawns" in the japland.

for example, id never buy engineered garments in japan.

1. they never go on sale

2. 1.5x the price @ odin / barneys

vendor is having a sale on shoes right now. ill check it out next week and report back.

nonnative's pricing is out of control now. it's almost as bad as that of nom de guerre. i think their basic tees are >10,000 yen

Didn't a Restir store go out of business? When are they gonna have their summer sale?

Yeah, they closed the ginza store. The midtown is still open I think though. Last time I was there things were like 70% off and still weren't selling. They over-bought into the goth-dior-homme all-black look which is pretty much dead in J-town nowadays.

last winter they had a shit load of rick owens leather jackets for 70,000 yen. still weren't selling. restir doesn't get a whole lot of media exposure and people don't really go out of their way to hang out in tokyo midtown. that might have something to do with their jawns not selling so well.

I told my girl to go tomrrow morning and look for a grey riders, I know RO is RO but I need a summer jawn. :(

JAWWWWWWWWWWWWWNZ.

What do goth ninjas wear during the summer...?

RICK OWENS VISCOSE TRIPLE LAYERED SHORTS

with

TEH MOON BOOTZ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...