Out in Left Field (1/1/2012-1/1/2013)

robbie

Word from Christian is that we can bump this up to 15 or 20. Those that are interested shoot me a PM and I'll get in contact with those that missed out. We're still only looking for really serious applicants regardless of size... Those that hop on now might not be ready to start for January 1, but if you don't mind then we'd love to make this a little bigger.

Here's a bit of tasty information straight from Christian. Makes me happy to be involved in this. "Just another interesting fact, this is the darkest indigo dye bath cone has ever made, i personally love the color and the Indigo fill yarns(weft) were a huge problem for Cone so from what I am told by one of the head fabric designers they are not going to due a true indigo fill again, just dark navy so could be a deadstock fabric currently."

mine were so dark, I thought I got the black pair instead of indigo, then I rubbed it with a paper towel, and the towel turned blue....

Edited by Happy Hooligan

the more the merrier. can't wait for this to kick off. the indigo really is something to behold. I also had a run in with some paper towels, doing a bit of spot cleaning. the towel came away a lovely shade of blue.

Here's a bit of tasty information straight from Christian. Makes me happy to be involved in this. "Just another interesting fact, this is the darkest indigo dye bath cone has ever made, i personally love the color and the Indigo fill yarns(weft) were a huge problem for Cone so from what I am told by one of the head fabric designers they are not going to due a true indigo fill again, just dark navy so could be a deadstock fabric currently."

Damn! our Christmas keeps gettin' better and better.

I'm kinda jealous I'm not in the comp, as these look so beautiful, but I did do an interview with Bud Strickland, the new head of development at Cone, the other week, for my blog loomstate. We did talk about the Duck, and if I can I'll ask a couple follow-up questions about this version of the fabric.

Man, I wish these were cut just a wee bit slimmer and I'd be all about it!

Also, I had assumed this is the same fabric as used by raleigh, roy and (soon to be, I hear) tellason for their indigo canvas/duck releases, but andrew's comments have me wondering if this is the case. Anyone know?

Edited by dkatz

I accidentally picked up a pair of these off of the Left Field website. I sold some stuff and there was money sitting in my paypal account... oops. I would totally join this contest, but I don't feel like I could contribute a ton. If there are any spots open after everybody who wants in gets a spot, then hit me up and I will gladly join, but I don't want to take the spot of someone that is going to be dedicated to updates.

I accidentally picked up a pair of these off of the Left Field website. I sold some stuff and there was money sitting in my paypal account... oops. I would totally join this contest, but I don't feel like I could contribute a ton. If there are any spots open after everybody who wants in gets a spot, then hit me up and I will gladly join, but I don't want to take the spot of someone that is going to be dedicated to updates.

I hate when I accidentally pick up awesome pairs of pants too. Bad luck I guess.

glad to have you.

I wanted you in from the start, so HELL YES.

the fact I cannot capitalize 'hell yes' makes this post less effective than I intended.

Edited by robbie

hi everyone and greetings from the tropics!

i just ordered my pair, though i probably will not start in time for this i'm looking forward to joining in and will post up as soon as i get them.

Sizing wise, seems like some of you have said that it'll stretch out so i'm hoping that mine will be ok....