Warp and Weft: A Snapshot of Raw Denim in the United States (Documentary!)

DFreshLeish

Hey everyone!

The Warp and Weft New York shoot is this Saturday, January 28th. We are reallyexcited to meet you all and have a little hang out, but most of all to see some beautiful denim and get it on film! Without further ado, here are the details for this weekend you need to know…

158 Allen Street, NYC. Its literally right behind Self Edge, so if you know where SENY is, face either direction and make two lefts or two rights and you’ll wind up at the shoot. It is the future home of Brooklyn based Feltraiger.

“Scheduleâ€:

This is just something I wrote up to block off times. If you have a conflict please let me know and we can squeeze you in somewhere else or swap with someone. We will be shooting from noon until about six, which should give us enough time to get everyone. If you’re just coming to hang and stop by SENY and be filmed “wheneverâ€, you are more than welcome to hang by and watch the other shoots and volunteer whenever you wish. This schedule is not set in stone, please allow for a little plus and minus on the time schedule, but we will try to adhere as much as possible.

12 – Stacks

12:30 – Jamie

1 – Face

1:30 – LandoCal126

Break

2:30 – Laxlife1234

3 – Stephen

3:30 – llvlaglne

4 - Brownmetallic

4:30 – Ashley

There are a couple of others who I am sure will “pop in†and can be filmed after the 4:30 spot. Again, this is not set in stone, just an outline, if there are any issues please let me know! If you are just planning on stopping by and are not scheduled, come any time you'd like, just please remember to be courteous! If you are planning on popping in and hope to be filmed, I'm sure we can work it out just don't expect to be able to film right away. Oh, and a little heads up would be nice...

If I have missed anyone who has contacted me before, I am very sorry and please EMAIL ME! It was not intentional! The more the merrier, lets have some fun!

What to bring:

Yourselves, a couple of stories, one to five pairs of your favorite denim, and an open mind. The interview will be very conversational, we want to know about what drives your passion for denim and how you got started in it.

Thanks again to everybody! Your interest is what drives this film, we couldn’t do it without you! Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend!

Ha thanks, glad to have you on board with the project! Yeah Jimmy and Beatles interviews went so well it was crazy, we're gearing up for a full weekend in NY starting tomorrow morning, looking forward to meeting a bunch of you! Also, Gordon's shoot will be tomorrow so I'm pretty stoked for tht also.

Beats: pizza and beer is on us anytime! Looking forward to seeing you again before the year is out. Oh, and I've brought back the jellyfish with me, best ever haha.

JimmC: dude come back with us it was a blast!

Edited by DFreshLeish

Hey were here at 158 Allen st whomever wants to show! We're just hanging!

man, 'twas a great honor to be invited for a spot on the interview__ really looking forward to "share", but, unfortunately, 'twas past 6p when i got out of EWR [CO flt 078 from NRT]. however, i will be closely watching/following [this project] & will continue to support in spirit... as with aho.

No worries man, we had plenty with all the people that showed up! Thanks to everyone who made the New York shoots such a great success, it was very cool to have met you all and make some new friends along the way. I'll put up some stills and brief footage this week. Next up, San Francisco and Los Angeles!

despite how nervous i was lol it was great meeting devon and the rest of the film crew. finally had a chance to meet lando, laxlife and a couple other up and coming denim companies. it was a great success... good luck to you guys with the rest of the project.

Hey guys, here's a few screens from this past weekend in New York. I will be uploading screens as I transfer the cards and take some snaps, so a few more will come of other interviews. Again, these are un-edited screenshots of footage, so the quality/clarity of the image does not reflect the final.

Screenshot2012-01-30atyupAM.jpg

Screenshot2012-01-30at91722AM.png

Screenshot2012-01-30at82528AM.png

Screenshot2012-01-30at82627AM.jpg

Screenshot2012-01-30at82745AM.png

Screenshot2012-01-30at82759AM.png

Screenshot2012-01-30at82853AM.png

Screenshot2012-01-30at82930AM.png

Edited by DFreshLeish

Had a rare minute to sit and think about what we've done with the film so far. We've been pretty lucky that you all have been so cool and open and have taken the time to support this either through participating, donating, or even just showing love in the thread. This movie is really being made because you all support this community (Not limited to SuFu, but denim community in general) and passion so much, it's a pretty neat thing when you think about it... Thank you all! Suuuperrrrr stoked for the Cali trip next month...

A lot of awesome clothing in here too, i'm mentally spending my next paychecks before I can even make them haha.