motorcycles caused me strife

wild style

Thanks, yeah im fine I had all my gear on including the leather suit I just bought. Honestly im not even sure what happened I wasn't going fast, 30-35 mph at the most but I was going through the turn and slid - all I can remember. I went back up to see what there was and I saw a rock the size of my fist and some big dirt patches which may have caused it. Either way, it could've been worse - and CHP ended up impounding my bike because I left it there on the shoulder for 30 minutes and had to pay $200 to get it out even though the AAA truck I had called was already there. fucking cops

j5xeeg.jpg

Future first time motorcycle owner here. Taking the MSF this next spring, looking at Triumphs and Enfields - found this local in the area for 2500. A rebuilt 2004 Royal Triumph Bullet, comes with a vintage kit and an optional double seat at 115 original miles. Any advice from the more experienced bike owners on here?

j5xeeg.jpg

Future first time motorcycle owner here. Taking the MSF this next spring, looking at Triumphs and Enfields - found this local in the area for 2500. A rebuilt 2004 Royal Triumph Bullet, comes with a vintage kit and an optional double seat at 115 original miles. Any advice from the more experienced bike owners on here?

Are you an experienced wrencher on automobiles? Those bikes (not recent triumphs) need lots of care and loving. Especially as a new rider you should be focusing on the road and not the state of your bike. I wouldn't recommend anything with drum brakes to a beginner. Don't get a nice classic and thrash it on the pavement, get a beater, beat it some more, then get a fun little classic.

j5xeeg.jpg

be prepared for finding problems all the time. a wise man once told me "don't look for problems because they're always going to be there" about older bikes. it's held pretty true thus far. However, if you have the money, pick it up and then a mister freedom mulholland master to go with it.

who here lane splits?

those new ducati multistradas give me serious wood.

I love the new 696s as well. There's some guy in Baltimore with a modified 696 and a 1000S, and I honestly think the 696 looks better.

I also feel like there are a LOT of used Ducatis on craigslist these days. Recessions and winter do not equal good riding I guess.

X-Posted from my column on Selectism:

http://selectism.com/columns/kiyababzani/

The Works Garage by Iron Heart

I'm in Tokyo for business and was invited out by the president of Iron Heart to take a tour of their newly opened shop. I think i was more excited to see the motorcycles than any other part of the store or jean repair facilities. The store is out in Hachioji City, but worth the trip.

We drank quite a few glass bottled Cokes, talked heavy denim, discussed further projects, picked up some finished pairs of sample jeans, and admired their collection of Iron Heart branded bikes.

It's interesting to see that in Japan this brand is purely for guys on motorcycles yet outside of Japan it appeals to a very wide range of customer and has no limitations based on whether or not you ride a bike. These guys live and breathe motorcycles and it's another interesting take on a classic American culture through the eyes of the Otaku Japanese.

On to the photos..

The Works Garage

IMG_2103.jpg

The Iron Heart Collection of Bikes, Some of which are just shop bikes and used to go on sales calls.

IMG_2075.jpg

IMG_2077.jpg

IMG_2078.jpg

IMG_2079.jpg

IMG_2080.jpg

IMG_2088.jpg

IMG_2089.jpg

IMG_2083.jpg

A $70,000 custom bike with sterling silver buttons and accents made for the Iron Heart president by Richard Stark (founder of Chrome Hearts)

IMG_2081.jpg

IMG_2082.jpg

Dressing Room and Stock

IMG_2084.jpg

IMG_2104.jpg

IMG_2105.jpg

Custom IH Arcuate Seats and Tanks

IMG_2086.jpg

Pin-striped Buco Helmets

IMG_2085.jpg

Works Garage Staff Manager, Tom. This girl looks small and rides the largest fucking Harley Cross Bones you've ever seen, it's an amazing sight.

IMG_2090.jpg

IMG_2087.jpg

Hiro replacing some regular rivets with sterling silver ones.

IMG_2092.jpg

Is it based on a twin cam engine with a board tracker influence?

I'm sure a twin cam can work with it. I'm thinking more of putting a simple Harley crate motor 80ci Evo in it with a 5 speed. I don't know what his influence was but with ape hangers on it kind of reminds me of a Schwinn stingray with a motor or something. Check this out. It's all their rollers they have now. I'm liking picture 2A a lot too, which they say is a new school board tracker.

http://www.malibumotorcycleworks.com/7101.html?*session*id*key*=*session*id*val*

can't decide if i want my next bike to be a ducati or triumph...

probably going to wait til traction control becomes the norm and there's more options for that.

what better way than celebrating 50 years of the Bonneville than getting one..

Then again I would prefer a Ducati. But all that I can think about right now are Bimotas...

Thought about one?

I'm sure a twin cam can work with it. I'm thinking more of putting a simple Harley crate motor 80ci Evo in it with a 5 speed. I don't know what his influence was but with ape hangers on it kind of reminds me of a Schwinn stingray with a motor or something. Check this out. It's all their rollers they have now. I'm liking picture 2A a lot too, which they say is a new school board tracker.

http://www.malibumotorcycleworks.com/7101.html?*session*id*key*=*session*id*val*

You'd have to modify the frame to put an Evo in there. The upright between the rear engine mount and tranny plate isn't there, that's why I mentioned a Twin Cam.

So you read his blog too? I didn't think too many people on here would pay much attention to it.

Like the fucking Bible.

That's a really dope blog. Bookmarked!

Also, wanted to throw up a good word for Fox Creek Leathers. Ordered the Commander jacket on Saturday. It came today and it's pretty unreal. Fit it excellent and the quality is next level. I'm very impressed with it.... made in USA too! Highly recommend Fox Creek.

tumblr_kta6x88gCm1qa8u7w.jpg

stock photo obviously. haven't taken any of my own yet.