motorcycles caused me strife

wild style

sucks to hear that but at least you're in one piece. what were you doing to do that?

also, watch out for leaves on turns... started sliding on highway 9 coming out of a turn. gave it full gas and backed it out. still kinda scary on such a heavy bike.

i was out on a dirt trail, came around a turn a little too fast and didn't see a big patch of sand. rims weren't square when i hit it and i went over. minor damage to myself but the pressure from my hard bags cracked my subframe. thank god for insurance.

first rule, cars cant see you. second rule, you will fall.

just fall with class.

i was riding home in the rain a long time ago, had my visor down, and had a wind screen... were talking vespa, not moto (so only about 40mph at the time), anyway, so... i am riding down this stretch of tram tracks, and the city decided to remove a piece in between the tracks for maintenance... i literally drove head first in to a four foot deep, six foot wide, twelve foot long hole. i cant believe how quick it happened, or that i was unhurt. in some amazing adrenalyne fuled insanity, i pulled the scooter out of the hole by myself, while a bunch of people at a near by bus stop just looked at me, not helping at all. there was mexican food all over me, it was terrible. ended up just hurting my toe, and my scooter had some damage... still riding that same scooter 4.5 years later, and feeling good... only laid down one other time, but its just proof, you never know when it will happen, and it will happen sooner or later.

what was the most amazing to me, was how quick it occurred. in a car, you can feel something going wrong and try and fix it, make adjustments. in this case, everything was going smooth, then boom, like lightning, in a hole raining, dirt and guacamole all around me.

be safe, ride safer.

has anybody noticed that scooter riders never wave back? i wave at anything with two wheels or less.

Taken from Urban Moto Magazine's blog:

"The Wave

by: whiskey

When I first started riding motorcycles on Manhattan Island I knew most of the riders of over 250 cc bikes in Manhattan and we'd always wave and acknowledge one another. We were kindred souls in the Big Bad Rotten Apple. Despised by most because of our attitude and the fact we most always had some soon to be non-virgin packing behind us as we split lanes and avoided traffic jams. We were an alliance of necessity and so the wave.

Today there are millions of people on motorcycles on the roads. The rider is not a friend, buddy or anything but some anonymous enthusiast who obtained a bike. Why the fuck should I wave to this unknown? When I'm wandering on foot thru a Wally World or a Mall I don't acknowledge other shoppers yet we for the most part are doing the same thing, shopping or looking.

Even when a rider who I know approaches I don't wave unless I recognized the person and they're not encased in a spacewalker like helmet.

There use to be the brotherhood I've described when we were few but now any idiot with a little credit can ride a motorcycle..the exclusivity is gone."

Don't have any experience with the Shark evoline, but I will say that modular helmets are the jam! All my buddies made fun of me when I first got my AGV Miglia, but they're the jealous ones when I flip the front up at a red light to catch some air. They're even more jealous when I snap my head forward to flip it back down hands free. :)

If you have some time check out the Evoline, it'll blow your mind.

I proxied the Euro edition because i hate D-Ring enclosures so all my helmets are EU editions.

The new Harley ad campaign, at least it's somewhat relevant and for the first time in a long time they're trying something fresh.

From Hell for Leather:

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2009/11/harley-channels-military-icono.html

HD_Miller_4.jpg

HD_Miller_2.jpg

HD_Miller_1.jpg

HD_Miller_6.jpg

HD_Miller_5.jpg

If you have some time check out the Evoline, it'll blow your mind.

I proxied the Euro edition because i hate D-Ring enclosures so all my helmets are EU editions.

That thing looks wild! Is it super heavy/loud? My AGV also has a quick release buckle which is a great thing when you have your gloves on.

i've always thought that the d-ring system was a tried and true method of securing a helmet. i've tried the shark RSRs and stuff but i don't care much for flip up helmets...

shoei has always fit me perfectly. i had two arai rx-7s and they just felt tight near the top of my head. picking up a new rf-1100 today in my trademark matte black and blue chrome faceshield.

Taken from Urban Moto Magazine's blog:

"The Wave

by: whiskey

When I first started riding motorcycles on Manhattan Island I knew most of the riders of over 250 cc bikes in Manhattan and we'd always wave and acknowledge one another. We were kindred souls in the Big Bad Rotten Apple. Despised by most because of our attitude and the fact we most always had some soon to be non-virgin packing behind us as we split lanes and avoided traffic jams. We were an alliance of necessity and so the wave.

Today there are millions of people on motorcycles on the roads. The rider is not a friend, buddy or anything but some anonymous enthusiast who obtained a bike. Why the fuck should I wave to this unknown? When I'm wandering on foot thru a Wally World or a Mall I don't acknowledge other shoppers yet we for the most part are doing the same thing, shopping or looking.

Even when a rider who I know approaches I don't wave unless I recognized the person and they're not encased in a spacewalker like helmet.

There use to be the brotherhood I've described when we were few but now any idiot with a little credit can ride a motorcycle..the exclusivity is gone."

gee, he's cool.

I wouldn't buy a quick release, could break in a crash... suomy spec 1r is my next lid. I have a scorpion right now but it's damn heavy.

gee, he's cool.

Keep in mind, Whiskey is 66 years old.

I wouldn't buy a quick release, could break in a crash... suomy spec 1r is my next lid. I have a scorpion right now but it's damn heavy.

They have extremely strict safety standards in the EU, and if you're using a full face helmet in the US that's good by EU standards i'd say you're good to go. We're not talking about skull caps or 3/4 helmets.

kiya, with the EU style buckle, can you still lock your helmet to your bike?

I actually lock my helmet to my bike through the front flip opening, so i don't need a d-ring to put the cable through.

Two bikes from Wrenchmonkees (probably the best custom builder in Europe) just went up on auction:

http://www.lauritz.com/ItemList/CustomItemList.aspx?OnlyActive=1&LanguageId=2&article=0&ItemCollectionId=1187&SelectedTab=0&PageIndex=0&sflang=da