motorcycles caused me strife

wild style

I'm with you on the iron peterock, but I heard they stopped production.

where did you hear that? man i pray that isnt true. because i plan on saving up and buying one in september.

anyway, the new sportster 48 is nice looking. but not for price tag it carries. and im not fond of the 2.1 gallon tank.

How many people here areriding all winter?

And I mean those people that are further north where it actually gets cold during the winter.

I manage a Vespa dealership and tomorrow I get to take out a new demo bike. Very excited to do some riding.

i ride almost everyday all year. scooter in the city, but still, cold, rain, snow, sun, i am out. i need to, extra half hour of sleep concept.

dunno man im getting parts from easyriders it costs more than the bike hahah but hell yeah im gonna do it!

im fabricating a home made jig in a couple of days time

and going to start on it

any of you guys know where to buy cheap fenders? firestone tyres 4.5 x18 or avon mk2 4.5 x 18??

do you guys think i should put disc brake up front or just leave the drum ??

Depends, do you want to stop quickly or not as quickly? I have a 2 piston disc brake on the front and 4 piston on the back.

Get the Firestone from Coker tire and you could probably find that Avon through a catalog or your local bike shop.

You'll regret getting that cheap fender after you have it in your hands. West Eagle fenders are flimsy (from what i've heard). Check out Baas Metal Craft.

If you blow as much money as you do on boots and jeans, a good fender will be a fraction of one of those.

Damnit, now that you are getting into this I need to get out of it. Jk.

Come on man, google that shiz.

I think coker is just cokertire.com and baas metal craft is baasmetalcraft.com.

Coker also sells some other 4.50x18 tires that look alittle more aggressive but still have that old school look. Check out the ans diamond, I think that's what It's called. Just so you know, both the firestone and ans are around $130 and you'll pay at least $50 to ship it to HK, if not more. Big bummer. Also, since te firestone has zig zag tread it's going to track on straight grooved roads and you may have to fight for control. It's something I'll have to deal with on my bike.

There is another guy that goes by front st cycle but I wouldn't wish his wait and delivery time on my enemies. Takes fucking foooorrreevvveerr. He sells fenders and handlebars.

I was just thinking, if you are going to hardtail your sr400, you'll drop weght and if you model it after a brat style bike, you'll drop more weight. The drum brake should be adequate to stop your bike and you won't have to spend more money on disc rotors, calipers, caliper mount, and a new wheel.

shit ok ! i found coker ill get a 18 x 400 and 18 x 450 coker firestone deluxe champion blackwalls

hmmmmm

ok ill stick with the front drums i think theyre enough..

now for the hard part and rear fender...

bars and pipes i can have it done here locally

original fender is waay too short

err what do you think i get some new shorter back shocks or just make em a stiffer?( adding a horizontal rod to make the back end shock free )

The ride will be less comfortable but they look cool. Check out all the SRs on page 66, each one had shocks yet still look awesome.

Are you going to fabricate the hardtail on your own or is the person who is building your bars going to help out?

I'd look through as many blogs as you can to try and find pictures of SRs and decide what look you're going for.

oh ok ill just replace it with a shorter rear shocks..

any other website you can recommend?

for: tanks , single seats , shock absorbers ???

biltwell has really cheap stuffs! i like them!

for the hardtail our construction shop can easily make one

help me out buddy

oh ok ill just replace it with a shorter rear shocks..

any other website you can recommend?

for: tanks , single seats , shock absorbers ???

biltwell has really cheap stuffs! i like them!

for the hardtail our construction shop can easily make one

help me out buddy

I look at ebay all the time to see what kind of parts I can find. Most of the stuff is made in your neck of the woods but that doesn't bother me any.

I'm sure there is an SR400 forum or even check out http://www.crazyorangemc.com/ and http://www.bratstyle.com/ for ideas. I'm pretty sure both of these garages are in Japan.

thanks man

one more wheel size i found some coke firestone and would want to replace my mezz on the drifter.. it says on the mezz theyre a 130/90 and a 140/90 how do i size these up with lets say a firestone coker sizing on those are 325-16 so on..

???? help!