motorcycles caused me strife

wild style

Proof that there is a motorcycle god.

I scored all of this

[awesome shit here]

For UNDER $500. New.

All hail the dark(leather) lord.

How in the fuck?

Also, just put a hit out on a baby Sportster.

Something to ride while the CL is always being fixed... still.

Revit sample sale in red hook brooklyn. Starts tomorrow am at 10. It's in the same building as fairway. I'm out of town and spoke with the dudes a few months ago about helping me out. There's a whole rack of sample size pants for $40 a pop. It's fucking madness. That pans out to roughly $1439.99 worth of gear at retail by the way... I have to say, out of all the companies I've tried on (vanson, alpinestars, icon) the revit shit fits me the best and definitely feels super high quality. I'd like to scope out dainese's shit but it's all the ugliest eurotrash lookin stuff...

I'm contemplating switching it over to the other side as I have a rear stand so don't really care for the center stand. However, two brothers exhausts are incredibly rare for older bikes, especially the race exhaust. I just picked it up yesterday and wow is it a beast. It could use a steering damper but a new front tire and stator are the first on the list.

The stock seat is pretty comfortable even with a tear on it. It's covered right now so I don't see the point in fixing it quite yet as it does it's job quite well. It really is quite something on the freeway, easily cruising around at 100mph all day. Being able to keep up with liter bikes is quite nice and the exhaust is RIDICULOUS. I will take a video today but it sounds so nice with the gear driven cams whining and the exhaust snarling and cracking.

Yeah that bike has such effortless speed. It's silly. The 2bros pipes prolly give it a nice kick, but fuck me if I that SSSA doesn't deserve to be shown off. Especially with the stock wheel. Honda slayed it with that combo. Hell, even Duc copped it. Anyway, props and congrats, shiny side up.

Yo Renski, nice to meet you yesterday by the way.

• 2 weeks later...
^where? thinking of getting a used ninja 250 and taking it to the road course next season.

Why a 250? If you're a decently sane person that's aware of your mortality I don't understand getting a bike that small unless you're riding trails or all in city.

JackCrank

You wont regret an SV650, I still love mine. I'm starting to add accessories and parts to it now, I absolutely love the massive new/used aftermarket for the SV.

A 250 or a 500 won't kick the back end out in first gear going around an intersection. A fuel injected 650 will, my DL-650 does.

I think the increase in allowed margin of error is justifiable, especially considering you can buy and sell a small bike for no loss other than the registration costs (which you'll make up by paying less for insurance).

That said, I love my DL-650 (same engine as SV) a whole lot. Just wish it weren't so freaking tall.

decided that once I get on winter break (about a month long) Im going to tear into the cb550 and hopefully rebuild the top half. Also going to start cleaning up all the chrome on it.

Cant wait for some free time!

I am now leaking a fair amount of oil. Still need to pinpoint from where.

think maybe from the sprocket area

completely forgot about this thread. i ride a 2010 Monster 696 and am very happy with it :)

here is a pic from a while back

6116015719_947d1d0042_z.jpg

i recently went to the grocery store on my bike with my girlfriend, first time we used a cart. did it so we could put the helmets in lol

6192704946_9fe4c4ddcd_z.jpg

didn't bring my giant army rucksack, but still managed to fit a lot in a regular school backpack;

- 2 frozen pizzas

- box of cookies

- 2 bags of chips

- stick of butter

- 6 pack of vita lemon tea

- bottle of dijon mustard

- 375 mL bottle of sparkling wine

6192695220_7bb2a404a0_z.jpg

was pretty funny seeing people's reactions as we rolled the cart up to a motorcycle in the parking lot :P

yo guys. Lurked this thread for a while, some great info passed around. I've been casually learning to ride for the last few months on an early 80's Honda...and figured it was time to shop for my first bike. I don't know much about bikes yet, so hopefully you guys can guide me a bit on what would be a good pickup. I know this won't be the last bike I buy, but I'd like to get something I can hold onto for a bit and get comfortable on, ideally something I can ride for a few years. I saw this listed on CL and it's in the price range I was considering, any thoughts? Overkill? Too much bike for my first?

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/mcy/2626450436.html

any advice is appreciated.

I'm riding 5 or so miles between home and work, freeway is an option but mainly city streets. Pretty mellow area. If the one I listed doesn't make sense for what I need, what should I be looking for? Hoping to keep it under 4k, but if I should spend a little more to get a better bike then I could flex a little.

Thanks in advance!

I'm interested in hearing your guys' opinion on something

I just sold my first bike, Ninja 250 and now I'm looking to get something bigger. I have two options right now, a 2002 R6 or 2003 SV650S. Both have clean title, up to date registration, seem to be in good running condition (I haven't checked them out in person yet). The SV has about half the miles of the R6, but it has a broken speedometer, and I'm not sure how much that'll be to fix. The SV is all stock, R6 has some minor modifications like new tires, oem rotors and pads. And lastly they're both roughly the same price. Which would you guys recommend? I've heard great things about the SV, and I'm kind of leaning towards that, but I'm curious as to what the R6 has to offer. I'll mainly use it to get around town/school, occasionally ride the twisties and also drive it for an hour or so on the freeway.

I'm interested in hearing your guys' opinion on something

I just sold my first bike, Ninja 250 and now I'm looking to get something bigger. I have two options right now, a 2002 R6 or 2003 SV650S. Both have clean title, up to date registration, seem to be in good running condition (I haven't checked them out in person yet). The SV has about half the miles of the R6, but it has a broken speedometer, and I'm not sure how much that'll be to fix. The SV is all stock, R6 has some minor modifications like new tires, oem rotors and pads. And lastly they're both roughly the same price. Which would you guys recommend? I've heard great things about the SV, and I'm kind of leaning towards that, but I'm curious as to what the R6 has to offer. I'll mainly use it to get around town/school, occasionally ride the twisties and also drive it for an hour or so on the freeway.

Ride both. Whichever one you like more is the one for you. Every minor annoyance will end up being 10 times worse when you own it.

They're both very different powertrains but if I recall correctly, 2003 was the first year that the SV650 came with EFI but 2002 was the first year that the R6 was equipped with EFI as well. Because of the new tires, rotors, and pads, it seems that the R6 may have been better maintained. The broken speedometer rings some bells since it's not just a simple speedo cable. It might be as simple as something wrong within the OBD or a broken sensor.

Mileage means very little to me and I usually look for a bike that has been ridden regularly vs low mileage. Check the brake fluid reservoirs for old fluid. Checking the oil should be pretty obvious as well.

Haven't checked into this thread in a while. Here's what I've been up to:

Started on this one about 2 years ago, just wrapping up.

Went from this:

3736248473_37c6ff5041_z.jpg

to

4658249849_98126f88ca_z.jpg

3799699556_66587b75d7_z.jpg

to

5778550185_fab24793be_z.jpg

(was too giddy to put the tank badges on)

Ujx31EmvJfs

Now working on this as a daily rider:

6213029910_3d34df9d1c_z.jpg

6212514981_b4752b1573_z.jpg

Nice bikes dude.

Thanks man, it's a disease. Speaking of which, I'm trying some hotter plugs in in the 160 for the cooler fall weather. Just burnt the piss outta my right hand trying cop of feel of the exhaust. Why I even tried that, I don't know. :mad:

I need to keep up with this thread more often. Looks like I missed out on some great (funny) stuff!