Nudie Jeans

arcanum

What size should I get in Straight Sven if my true waist size is 31?

in nudies, you can get away with a 29. thats what i did and it stretched out quite a bit. the only annoying thing is the part that covers the button fly got stretched so it looks kinda weird.

Guest DCDenim

what's up with those 'Lab' tacky predistressed nudies for $600-$700 does anyone actually buy those? Sounds like they're trying to rip off Diesel calling their jeans by Lab #s and giving it a sort of eurotrash appeal.

I'm hoping they'll stick to raw denim and nothing more...

what's up with those 'Lab' tacky predistressed nudies for $600-$700 does anyone actually buy those? Sounds like they're trying to rip off Diesel calling their jeans by Lab #s and giving it a sort of eurotrash appeal.

I'm hoping they'll stick to raw denim and nothing more...

too late!

10 char

Some of the washes are pretty cool though. Like the grim tim lab 9s.

however i do agree that nudie should stick to their raw denim, although I don't know how feasible that would be in a business perspective.

yea the market for designer jeans is exploding. my girlfriends mom saw a pair of nudies at nordstrom and asked her what she thought of them

LOL i was just about to note that. How are you gonna bitch about pre-distressed nudies and a sentence later "pray" they "stick" to raw.

Probably meant to stop making pre-distressed and stick with raw, which ain't gonna happen. Leave the raw only to the japanese brands, where it works.

I dunno what you mean, protocol. Nudie's raw denim offerings are quite good and i think they work quite well. Their sales also shows this is the case.

I really wonder how do the japanese brands do commercially...?

Agreed with superhero. "Quality" has been discussed ad nauseum here and yes, nudies don't match up perfectly against the likes of sams or what have you, but they are perfectly fine pair. And no, dcdenim pretty much forgot to think in the present when he said "I'm hoping they'll stick to raw denim and nothing more" when in the present time, they've been doing pre-distressed for a few years. Brain fart is in-excusable. But +rep for giving him the benefit of the doubt

I dunno what you mean, protocol. Nudie's raw denim offerings are quite good and i think they work quite well. Their sales also shows this is the case.

I really wonder how do the japanese brands do commercially...?

I meant making raw denim only, this was in answer to somebody who said that Nudie should stop making pre-distressed denim and stick with raw, which i disagreed with.

I simply meant that Nudie make pre-distressed denim because it makes them money. Even though the company is focused on promoting raw denim, the simple fact is not everyone is up to wearing in their jeans for long periods of time and find pre-distressed a good alternative. Hence why Nudie should keep selling pre-distressed as well as their raw offerings.

Japanese repro brands can stick to raw only as they are more of a niche market.

Guest DCDenim

I wasn't really into denim back in 2002 when nudie launched but it was my understanding that they only made raw denim at that time and heavily promoted the 'jeans are your second skin' and 'break YOUR jeans into YOUR body movements' and 'we don't make new cuts every year... our jeans aren't about fashion' and now they are trying to make money any way they can even though it makes them seem like huge hypocrites by making ugly distressed jeans that look worse than SFMK jeans to appeal to people who are too lazy to get good looking jeans and are willing to settle for mediocre washed jeans and pay a premium price.

Of course if they focused on making only high quality denim like repro brands they wouldn't be anywhere near as successful because the majority of people in this world will never go back to wearing raw denim and nudie realized if they stick to raw denim they will never make 1.5 billion euros a year like Diesel. Nudie does a great job appealing to a broad market of people and advertising and as we all know fashion is 90% marketing and 10% quality.

Nudie got me into raw denim about 3-4 years ago but now i would never pay $275 for pair of RRDS with all the better available options on the market. But I didn't know any better at the time and the nudie website was poppin back then and they made it sound like they do raw denim better than anyone so I bought into the snake oil.

The kicker was a woman started a mens denim line, I expected it to be 3 skinny dudes who had long beards, didn't bathe often and worshiped denim.. how anti climactic.

I wasn't really into denim back in 2002 when nudie launched but it was my understanding that they only made raw denim at that time and heavily promoted the 'jeans are your second skin' and 'break YOUR jeans into YOUR body movements' and 'we don't make new cuts every year... our jeans aren't about fashion' and now they are trying to make money any way they can even though it makes them seem like huge hypocrites by making ugly distressed jeans that look worse than SFMK jeans to appeal to people who are too lazy to get good looking jeans and are willing to settle for mediocre washed jeans and pay a premium price.

Of course if they focused on making only high quality denim like repro brands they wouldn't be anywhere near as successful because the majority of people in this world will never go back to wearing raw denim and nudie realized if they stick to raw denim they will never make 1.5 billion euros a year like Diesel. Nudie does a great job appealing to a broad market of people and advertising and as we all know fashion is 90% marketing and 10% quality.

Nudie got me into raw denim about 3-4 years ago but now i would never pay $275 for pair of RRDS with all the better available options on the market. But I didn't know any better at the time and the nudie website was poppin back then and they made it sound like they do raw denim better than anyone so I bought into the snake oil.

The kicker was a woman started a mens denim line, I expected it to be 3 skinny dudes who had long beards, didn't bathe often and worshiped denim.. how anti climactic.

!! I loved the concept of how nudies are supposed to be your second skin.

"Jeans are more than just a piece of clothing; a pair of jeans is like a second skin, naked and personal."

I thought this was really cute. :>

REALLYREALLYREALLY cute. :> :>

There is this one girl at my school and she has a "denim collection" (mostly just 7s, trues, joes, whatever you can buy at macy's or nordstroms..) and she was talking to me the other day about buying Nudies. She said she wanted some kind of gray wash or sump of the sort and it really irritated me cause she recently bought a pair of sling&stones that looked greenish to me. She just wanted denim for the name (& to "finish" her "denim collection") & said it was gross not to wash them. :< Made me kind of sad. If that makes sense.

Btw I think its a little strange when women make really nice men's clothes and men make really nice women's clothes. But thats just me. :L

several of the ''repro brands'' also offer pre-distressed models, and some even re-sell previously worn denims of their brand worn-in by real people. for example the full count 1108 is $255 retail, but the pre-distressed model is $285. a lot of brands actually sell more washed jeans than raw, but you wouldn't know living here in america where most people aren't even aware these labels exist, and wouldn't care if they did. some of the brands we love aren't trying per se to revive raw denim, they just offer it with their other stuff and americans crave it. the avg. japanese jean-consumer isn't looking for repros, or selvage like we may think. ive heard japanese dudes who are dick-rode on sufu on the regular say they are interested in the american and european jeans labels( like nudie) cause its something different where they are.