for all of you still drooling over that dudes eternal 811s, check these out

cheapmuthafukr

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, i thought about it again, the only way the leather would look like that would be numerous washes. but the relative lack of leg twist puzzles me....

I'm pretty sure some other things could make leather look like that. I don't know what though. Perhaps a good concoction of the right chemicals or maybe one of his match made the leather catch fire :)

Anyway... I guess we'll never know if those jeans are still raw. Maybe someone should make a poll about that. haha

I don't think the leather tab lookin like that and all is from washing. If they were washed enough to cause that type of damage then the jeans would not be as dark as they are. I really do want to try to "toast" my leather patch on my canes. I think there are some warehouse jeans that are sold that way with the patch burnt, I think they are a 1920 lee repros with the patch on the left side and the Levis-ish arcuate on the pockets.

^ you're right. leather could dry up pretty easily over course of time. perhaps, it's the combination of dried leather and dirt/dust build-up is making it look like that. multiple washes might have caused more shrinkage and warping in the leather. now i'm starting to feel like csi.

• 1 year later...

you're missing out on the point...it's the history behind these jeans. the story that they tell. most of the jeans being worn by people on this board (me included) are worn in an office, to school, by kids rubbing sandpaper on their jeans etc...which is fine but these 501's are a completely different story altogether.

For as cool as those are, I feel like we have jeans in the sammy contest that are even nicer.

you're missing out on the point...it's the history behind these jeans. the story that they tell. most of the jeans being worn by people on this board (me included) are worn in an office, to school, by kids rubbing sandpaper on their jeans etc...which is fine but these 501's are a completely different story altogether.

yeah i find it cool that if these are legit, they are awesome without the owner trying to make them so

you are on crack if you think anything can beat this.

the definition of SICK FADES YO!!!!!!!!!!

I find it odd that it's still viewable?

yeah that's strange....but i didn't want to risk them taking down the pics someday

• 1 year later...
I don't think the leather tab lookin like that and all is from washing. If they were washed enough to cause that type of damage then the jeans would not be as dark as they are. I really do want to try to "toast" my leather patch on my canes. I think there are some warehouse jeans that are sold that way with the patch burnt, I think they are a 1920 lee repros with the patch on the left side and the Levis-ish arcuate on the pockets.

Wow, what a moron that guy is. I did try to toast the canes tag, but stopped short of burning it. It just didn't feel right.

These jeans get better every time I see them: they are the paradigm of authentic wear. I love the inky midnight color with hints of bright blue poking through.

It always interests me how prominent train-track fades are on vintage jeans. It seems like the tracks just don't come through as much on modern repros.

I agree, also, looking back at the eternals now, with no disrespect to the dude whose jeans they are (takashi ?) we have come a long way and seen many jeans that can blow those away. Although they do have a unique aesthetic to them, because at the time I first saw them, they represented some unknown/unattainable pair of jeans.

With regards to the levis. It is crazy to think that some cowboy just doin what he gots to do produces a pair of jeans to drool over by denim geeks. But natural and original (not thinking about it) wear produces the best. These jeans kick ass. Fucking match strike marks.. forget about it.

true... at the time pics of the eternals surfaced here, there was nothing like it on the forum, nowhere to get them outside of japan, and only a handfull of people that posted here that had much knowledge of japanese denim.

i still agree that natural wear is the best... just treating them like a pair of jeans and not something too special. wear em, wash em, and dont think about it.