Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

measurements of my S0500XX from 2nd in raw state tag size 29 real waist size 30. not sure if this will clear up any confusion or help anyone but here it is.

0500fitlj5.jpg

15 waist

11 front rise

15 back rise

11.5 thigh

8.5 knee

8 hem

39 inseam

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I stopped in BiG today and it seems that only the 710's are sized wrong for some unknown reason, but the good news is that the other denim seems just fine. The USA's look awesome in person, and hopefully the second shipment will be here the first week of the new year.

Curious George-

As for the left hand twill question, it only does shrink down an inch and will stretch out probably more than that with wear so size down one as you would with most other Samurai denim.

I like how Jay Z's are never soaked or one washed in any of the pics I've seen him wearing them. They look so damn stiff...someone needs to educate this man.

That's how he likes them. Rappers have been wearing shiny ass stiff jeans for a long time. I doubt Jay would keep them if they started to fade.

I like how Jay Z's are never soaked or one washed in any of the pics I've seen him wearing them. They look so damn stiff...someone needs to educate this man.

Oh my god... He is sooo not in the know...

That's how he likes them. Rappers have been wearing shiny ass stiff jeans for a long time. I doubt Jay would keep them if they started to fade.

Yea cause in the 80's (back in the RUN DMC era) cats used to wear raw Lee jeans until they started to fade...then they were done...onto a new crispy pair. That's just how they did in NYC at least. It's like how most heads still keep their kicks crisp...once they get creased up or a little dirty...they're "hall of famers."

ummm, yeah they would... i dunno. you shouldve gotten a size up. either way, they're gonna shrink. how much they will stretch i dont know. if your worried about them shrinking to much, you could try stretching them while they're wet.

Hot soak? Would they shrink too much that they won't be able to fit? Was just able to fit into them.

Yes, hot soak anyway, or hot wash inside out without detergent. You mainly want the length to shrink, and the waist will always stretch out to raw measurements eventually.. until the next wash. You don't want the creases to move when you have to wash eventually anyway and you can always help the waist stretch out with your knee if you can't fit and you're in a hurry.

yo all,

I'm sure this question has been answered somewhere in this thread, but it would be hard for me to find i think. So...

My dad just bought a pair of 5000vx (lot 10, 17oz denim). He has put them through the washing machine for shrinkage once already at 40 degrees Celcius (as Samurai directs on the pockets).

Question:Will the jeans continue to shrink with subsequent washes, or is all the shrinkage done after the first wash? Cheers in advance,

O

yo all,

I'm sure this question has been answered somewhere in this thread, but it would be hard for me to find i think. So...

My dad just bought a pair of 5000vx (lot 10, 17oz denim). He has put them through the washing machine for shrinkage once already at 40 degrees Celcius (as Samurai directs on the pockets).

Question:Will the jeans continue to shrink with subsequent washes, or is all the shrinkage done after the first wash? Cheers in advance,

O

It will continue to shrink, but not as much as the first time, mostly in the hem. the waist will stretch out and then shrink back to first wash sizes.