Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

are we talking about true waist sizes here or your size in a specific jeans? I wear a size 29 Nudie Slim Jim and a 29 in my Skull Jeans 5010 6x6; real waist size 30; should I go for a 28 or a 29 in Samurai sizes when I'm looking for a slim fit in the S710XX or S0500XX?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sticking to 1 hoat soak is insufficient, from everyones past experiences with sammies it takes multiple soaks to get the shrinkng out of the way, so the consequent shrinking that comes with having to soak ur jeans every once in awhile is inevitable. so like dino said, unless ur legs are rail thin, sizing down two is going to be painful down the line, especialy with the lack of stretch 710s seemingly have.

What if we avoid a few hoat soaks then and just stick to one?

Impractical. Eventually you'll have to wash them and then they'll shrink more. I can also attest that mine have gone through some CRAZY amount of shrink -> stretch in the scant two months that I've had them...

sticking to 1 hoat soak is insufficient, from everyones past experiences with sammies it takes multiple soaks to get the shrinkng out of the way, so the consequent shrinking that comes with having to soak ur jeans every once in awhile is inevitable. so like dino said, unless ur legs are rail thin, sizing down two is going to be painful down the line, especialy with the lack of stretch 710s seemingly have.
Impractical. Eventually you'll have to wash them and then they'll shrink more. I can also attest that mine have gone through some CRAZY amount of shrink -> stretch in the scant two months that I've had them...

Alright thanks guys. Any word when blue in green will be getting more sizes for their 710 cut?

What if we avoid a few hoat soaks then and just stick to one?

yeah, i can tell from experience its not a good idea because thats what i did for my size 30s, just one hot overnight soak, they were cool for a long time, but then i eventually washed them twice over time and now.. you know the rest

Alright thanks guys. Any word when blue in green will be getting more sizes for their 710 cut?

email gordon, hes good with things like that

I'm lost. What's the difference between VX and XX denim?

The zero denim (vx) is 17 oz. and somewhat slubby. There is more than one kind of XX denim. The Texas cotton XX denim is 15 oz. and very slubby and available on the s0500xx and s510xx. The s0505 XX denim is 15 oz. and Samurai's tightest weave; the s0505 is no longer being produced but this denim will be available on the upcoming BiG x Sam collab.

just what i thought... you think the texas cotton might shrink differently than the 710 denim?

couldnt say, i dont have experience with them, but from the looks of the contest they seem to be about the same

** and for whoever asked earlier, toshiko just said the 710BK will be out sometime next summer

yeah, i can tell from experience its not a good idea because thats what i did for my size 30s, just one hot overnight soak, they were cool for a long time, but then i eventually washed them twice over time and now.. you know the rest

email gordon, hes good with things like that

What's his e-mail? I'm not exactly sure who you are referring to.

awesome fit on those 710s dino...

would you suggest two hot soaks (60C) or one hot wash, or does it even make a difference...

You and I are obsessed lol

awesome fit on those 710s dino...

would you suggest two hot soaks (60C) or one hot wash, or does it even make a difference...

i dont know, im too lazy to do two hot soaks, i just do a nice hour long hot wash

What's his e-mail? I'm not exactly sure who you are referring to.

hes one of the two head haunchos at BIG, just go to the website and click "contact us" and ask

The zero denim (vx) is 17 oz. and somewhat slubby. There is more than one kind of XX denim. The Texas cotton XX denim is 15 oz. and very slubby and available on the s0500xx and s510xx. The s0505 XX denim is 15 oz. and Samurai's tightest weave; the s0505 is no longer being produced but this denim will be available on the upcoming BiG x Sam collab.

s0505 denim, but not s0505 cut, right? I thought I'd heard the BiG colab would have a buckleback. Is it going to be a "customized" version of an existing model, or something entirely new?

ust got my s0500x today i sized u 1 on my normal sam size cause from the measurements these are a tad small compared to others..

these are something else.. denim is really slubby and you can almost see the white cotton on the threads..

IMG_0002-2.jpg

IMG_0008-1.jpg

IMG_0006-2.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

ust got my s0500x today i sized u 1 on my normal sam size cause from the measurements these are a tad small compared to others..

these are something else.. denim is really slubby and you can almost see the white cotton on the threads..

IMG_0002-2.jpg

IMG_0008-1.jpg

IMG_0006-2.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

nice pickup edmond, that's my next purchase in a couple paychecks i think. question though, if i get them from a proxy are they still doing tabs and arcs on those in japan even? i thought i heard they were stopping that with all their models somewhere

nice pickup edmond, that's my next purchase in a couple paychecks i think. question though, if i get them from a proxy are they still doing tabs and arcs on those in japan even? i thought i heard they were stopping that with all their models somewhere