Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I almost didn't want to hear that... makes me wish I had jumped on them when I had the chance... oh well.

They did fit great and the denim was on point in so many different ways. It's just a little too bad (for the denim geek in me) that it's a zip fly with bartacks. And I think they were not so much meant to be a repro of the 67 505 as much as they were supposed to be "inspired" by it. Samurai doesn't generally do straight up repros, but more derivations, if you will. I think that's part of why they're pretty popular over here.

The BiG collabo is your next best option. ;)

The BiG collabo is your next best option. ;)

That's what I was gonna say. I am hating the fact that I just bought a couple pairs of jeans and won't be able to get those. I love the denim.

no... the 7000VX is a separate buckleback model that went out of production for a bit and was recently voted back into production through Samurai's website.

Differences:

7000VX is Zero Denim, has suspender buttons, buckleback is on the waistband, exposed backpocket rivets, one backpocket (and I think a crotch rivet?). A little fuller cut than the 5000, if I'm not mistaken, but I don't think as full as the 3000.

The BiG model is 505 Denim, buckleback is below the waistband, hidden backpocket rivets (I think) Crotch Rivet, Blue and Green plaid pocket bags, no suspender buttons, 5000 cut and a patch designed by our very own coleslawyum (designer of the WH x BiG patch)

Just curious, My S5000VXs were put through two hot soaks when I first got them for shrinkage, and all the starch was pretty much gone afterwards. Just wondering if people have been wearing them all along with them relatively "soft" ie not starchy.

This is in comparison to my Raw Skulls which are starched to hell and had creases within the first day. The creases and fades on my samurais are coming along gradually because they aren't as stiff.

Just curious, My S5000VXs were put through two hot soaks when I first got them for shrinkage, and all the starch was pretty much gone afterwards. Just wondering if people have been wearing them all along with them relatively "soft" ie not starchy.

This is in comparison to my Raw Skulls which are starched to hell and had creases within the first day. The creases and fades on my samurais are coming along gradually because they aren't as stiff.

Mine are very soft too.

hey guys

its been 2-3 weeks ish with my s5000vxs and i am absolutely loving them.

I was tryng to post pictures but they werent working for some reason.So my question is i know i am not evewn close to the point where i need to worry abuot this but just looking at the developing creases i wondered

at what point is it right to wash the jeans and what method do you guys prefer.

hey guys

I was tryng to post pictures but they werent working for some reason.So my question is i know i am not evewn close to the point where i need to worry abuot this but just looking at the developing creases i wondered

There's no set rules...just wash when you think they're read. Some wash them once a month, some wait 6 months to a year...its all a personal preference.

How you wash them (whenever you decide to) again depends on your preference. Personally, I wash on warm...inside out...no spin cycle...gentle detergent. I don't put them in the dryer, but some people do.

hey guys

Simple washing regimen for jeans:

1) Wear jeans for day.

2) Take off jeans, go to sleep.

3) Smell jeans - do they smell bad?

...a) No - go to 1.

...B) Yes - put in washing machine, they're fucking jeans. Use woolite black if feeling like pampering them. Now hang them up somewhere to dry.

NOTE: The author of this post uses whatever detergent he finds and the dryer too.

What are the differences between the the newer revisions of the samurai type 1, 2 and 3 jackets compared to the older ones?

There seem to be two revisions of each type posted on 2nd. Thanks!

Links? I don't see two variations of each...I see an additional Type I, and I think the only difference with that one is the missing pocket flap, which is a alternate historic detail, and I think it uses a different denim as well.

Damn this sucks. Yes camel, you were right. I'll just have to sell them I guess.

In any case...how is the stretching on them? For reference I mean. If I were to get a 29 in these would they be slim or tight? Im going for a more relaxed fit for these.

(I'll snap pics when I get home).

Damn, I gotta order the pair that fits soon before arc and tab manufacturing stops.

I was able to try on a pair of S5000's at BiG. My 19oz. S510's are a tagged 36, so I tried the same in the 5000's. I don't know if the 5000 is just an inherintely slimmer cut than the 510, but these were super-tight. They felt more like a 34 or 35. It deffinitely makes me think the lot 10's do in fact run small.