Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

560834165_88d72ed438.jpg

Sweet, the Thunder Soap arrived! :) Edmond, do you use this with your washing machine or Bath tub?

hey bud i use them on the tub...i dont do machine wash on my jeans... and i just use a tablespoon of these for a pair of jeans .. and please rinse them properly.. with cold water

I would appreciate it if you would purchase them from Gordon so that he can continue to bring such great stock in from around the world. The final decision is yours.

Personally I would purchase them in Japan, I'm sure gordon doesnt mind people purchasing jeans directly from samurai if they are actually going to be in Japan.

Edit: Also he is in sydney so that way he can try them on...

What a question indeed, the obvious answer is to get them there, you get to look at the denim before you buy it, try it before you buy it, It will have arcs and tabs and most importantly, it will be cheaper.

BiG's shipping to aussie is also really expensive. ($50)

I plan on getting a pair of 710s when I'm in Japan in August. Would Tokyo be a better place to get them? Are they all raw in Japanese stores? Take five has them listed as one wash...?

no blue in green wont be cheaper it is always cheaper when you buy from rakuten or from the store in japan.. we just want to patronize BIG

Was my question really that obvious?

Since the US currency quite low thesedays, i thought Blueingreen would be cheaper. Thats y i asked the Question

Even if the USD is quite weak right now, the AUD is still weaker. Plus, the yen isnt doing so great right now either. We fetch almost 100yen for the dollar now.

Thanks edmond, thats what i needed to know. because after reading numerous threads and the New York Times article on Blueingreen, they seem to be quite decent and dedicated to their customers. so i wasnt sure weather to wait till the end of the year and buy it from jap or placing a preorder from blue in green. So i guess i will purchase it in jap then

We all respect what BiG is doing and wish gordon the best for his venture, but it doesnt mean samurais shouldnt be purchased else where, seeing as I'm in Australia, I would most likey try to get jeans straight from the japanese stores.

Yeah if there was a BiG or SE in melbourne I'd buy there before buying from japan, but since im in australia I don't see much point unless its sold out otherwise.

Having bought jeans online, from both the US and Japan, I have to agree. AUD is much stronger against the Yen than the USD (though pretty strong, at 85c the highest in 10 years), and postal costs are prohibitably expensive from the US (Japanese EMS got my sammies to me in 3 days for AUD$35 - DHL from the US costs AUD$60). This is not a slight against BiG or anything, but SE's free worldwide shipping is a big help, and definitely help in the decision making about where to get my jeans if I'm going the US route.