the unbranded brand

blm14

HGS, on 22 Jul 2013 - 12:52 AM, said:

About to pull the trigger on a pair of the 21oz, but wanted to get some advice here first:

I wear a 34 waist in N&F (tagged 34 = 36). For Unbranded, the tag size is one less than the actual size. So should I go for a 34 and expect them to stretch if necessary?

My only other options would be to try a 33 (and hope for a LOT of stretch) or get a 36 and be stuck trying to fill 37." People are saying they do not stretch too much.

hope that didn't sound too convoluted. Thanks for the help.

I have the a tagged WG30 and went for a 21oz tapered size 31. It fits a bit looser in the seat and has a bit more space in the thigh. Take note that the newer batch are cut slimmer so maybe the new run will more similar to N&F. You could always compare measurements and shoot Jay at blueowl an email! Jay's customer service is great. I wanted something with a bit more space so he measured and got one for me which was cut slightly larger in the leg, answering my questions along the way.

• 1 month later...

I ordered one of the chambray workshirts from urban outfitters and was a little disappointed. The construction and material is great, but the actual fit of the shirt is pretty terrible for my build. The sleeves are so long and baggy they cause my shoulders to puff out, yet I can feel the arm holes digging in to my armpits. I'm pretty sure I'm going to return it, But here's some fit pictures:

k3gIlnj.jpg

2W3UUSd.jpg

iOwI9P5.jpg

yUBBqpj.jpg

Another minor issue is the selvedge, which doesn't run up the placket as I expected but instead is only present in that small triangle by the gusset. Also, the Chain-stitch run off is twice as long on one side as it is on the other.

Mine is tighter in the chest than I would like, also. I gave my size Medium to a friend and ordered a Large. I've got a little more room in the chest, but at the expense of longer sleeves. I'm broad-shouldered and thus somewhat broad-chested even though I'm not a mulscle guy. Still a damn fine shirt for the price. I'm happy to own it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

not quite as vibrant in real life, but here's an idea of how fast my 221's are fading. makes me wonder.. but i'm not complaining. walking, biking, and stumbling home from shows and bars.

10278846314_3ce6986d65_b.jpg

10278889604_4c01e5625d_b.jpg

Edited by rockon99

seeing as waywt is locked... i'm posting this here - my "what are you wearing this morning before cooking breakfast and showering or leaving the house"... comfort-core

10351300125_a953535e59_b.jpg

Thrifted usa woolrich

Hollows leather

UB221

Minnetonka

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I know, all Unbranded denim ever made is sanforized. Still, a initial soak wouldn't hut them :)

Yea they were a little long and I hot soaked them and prob. got about 1.5" on the inseam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...