vintage pendleton thread

shut up alex

Are Pendleton flannel shirts decent quality? I'm not familiar with the brand actually, and I saw a vintage Pendleton flannel shirt on ebay that looked nice a while back and almost picked it up. I decided to keep saving for a Flathead shirt. Bad choice?

On ebay they will call anything vintage, but many times it will be from the 80s, which is still great quality. I would much rather blow like $30 on a vintage pendleton from the 60s or 70s, than the ridiculous price on those flatheads. Even though the flatheads are pretty damn nice.

Picked up this vintage Pendleton this weekend for $5. Fit is actually pretty good. Really liking it.

IMG_7841.jpg

IMG_7847.jpg

That shirt looks gangsta man. Nice pick up.

dscf3562we1.jpg

this si my favorite... love the fit and fabric... thrifted. i also have a few more, but not quite as nice.

the quality is there tho... i have som of my father in laws that he wore in the 60s that are still in great condition.

I notice that your shirt has the flap pockets sewed down from the top, like a typical shirt pocket, but I have a few vintage ones that have the flap pockets kind of just hanging. I also know that the newer pendletons have pockets similar to your shirt. Anyone know when pendleton moved to the current chest pocket?

edit: by the way nice fuckin shirt.

Guest jbone45

This is great to see a Pendleton thread. Pendleton shirts are pretty much all I wear on a daily basis and have a few of them. Like some of the other great things in life they get better with age and I have really truly grown to appreciate them. I'll post some pictures when I get back in town.

I'll throw up some pics of mine when I get a chance.

I was trying to keep the price of these things on the "low," but I assume after this thread the ebay prices might start rising.

I think you're overestimating the impact of this thread.

Could be, but there are usually only about 5 nice vintage pendletons on ebay every week and it only takes bidding against one person to double the price of a shirt.

If anyone is interested in any pendletons in size large hit me up. I think i have 4 or 5 i have out grown. I have regular ones and western cut ones. I would rather sell them in a lot for cheap to save on shipping...

is there much difference in vintage pendleton as opposed to current?

I think so. The old ones that have flap pockets, which are the only ones I really like, have the flaps freely hanging, whereas the new ones have the flaps sewn down. Also, I think the plaids are much better on the vintage ones and the fabric on the old ones is a lot thicker and sturdier than the newer (post 80s).

I think so. The old ones that have flap pockets, which are the only ones I really like, have the flaps freely hanging, whereas the new ones have the flaps sewn down. Also, I think the plaids are much better on the vintage ones and the fabric on the old ones is a lot thicker and sturdier than the newer (post 80s).

Another difference is that as of about 10 years ago the shirts are assembled in Mexico. The fabric is all still woven in Oregon.

Another difference is that as of about 10 years ago the shirts are assembled in Mexico. The fabric is all still woven in Oregon.

Oh yeah. This was going to be my main point, but I couldn't see the forest through the trees. Yeehaw for cliches.

picked one up on fleebay this weekend, judging from the pit to pit measurement, sizing should be good...

2por6lv.jpg

can these be put in the dryer if you want them to shrink a little?

Yeah they can, but I try not to. In general I think the dryer kills clothes a lot faster than with out it. And the wool kind of takes on a different character, a little bit more frayed. One time won't kill it though.

Guest jbone45
I'll throw up some pics of mine when I get a chance.

I was trying to keep the price of these things on the "low," but I assume after this thread the ebay prices might start rising.

Hey I think you might be right man all the Pendletons I've been bidding on lately have gone up to like $40+. They never used to get over $20.