Evisu is still loved!

benzak

How so? Were they hideous, or just poor quality?

Oh, and Cheep has the 2005 cut.

Hideous pocket designs, although there'll be people who buy them...

And the 2005 cut is a MIJ cut, slightly different to the 0005 cut which is available over here.

I'd like to see someone break in a pair of Lot 2005 though:

0040040000092.jpg

004004000009.jpg

cheeps pair looks nice on him and i believe he got a 32.... just throwing it out there.
Yeah, they do look nice...I'm thinking of seeing what the 30 looks like, and maybe stretching it out a little bit...

Yeah I agree, but remember he got the Leepro's in the 0005 cut!

Yeah, I saw them...I was thinking of getting them just for the tab to go on my deadstock pair...

lol yeah you checking the "bay" everyday? also do you know when uk is getting lee pro?

It was someone on Mynudies who pointed them out to me; I rarely check eBay as I'm not planning on any more denim this year, apart from the Leepros - and I'll only get them if the fit's good and they look good on me...It would be nice to get those Yamane jeans if they stay at that price just for the tab though...

Obviously, rare or deadstock Evis are excluded from this, and things could change over the course of the year :P

And the Leepros should be out here any day now...

Oh, and the weather's been too shit here for half-year pics of the 2000s...gonna have to see what it's like next weekend.

And the 2005 cut is a MIJ cut, slightly different to the 0005 cut which is available over here.

Yeah, although both, apparently, run big in the waist and must be sized down to get a slim fit; I believe the 2005 might run a little slimmer.....I'm not sure.

I'd like to see someone break in a pair of Lot 2005 though:

Would be nice.....

Yeah, although both, apparently, run big in the waist and must be sized down to get a slim fit; I believe the 2005 might run a little slimmer.....I'm not sure.

Only an inch bigger in the waist, and that would account for the minimal shrinkage in the No.2 denim.

I'm curious about the shrinkage in the green caste 0005 after washing...As they aren't a tight fit on my I've decided to see how long I can go without washing them to see how they turn out...They're on two months now and it feels wrong to still be wearing them, although there's no problems with odour...Chambo, you washed yours yet?

I AM worried about blowing out the crotch though, although it might be interesting to see what they look like with it reinforced with D85 denim.

Oh, and the new No.4 denim is 15oz apparently, and made on newly constructed looms...very smooth, not to my liking at all...

I'm curious about the shrinkage in the green caste 0005 after washing...As they aren't a tight fit on my I've decided to see how long I can go without washing them to see how they turn out...They're on two months now and it feels wrong to still be wearing them, although there's no problems with odour...Chambo, you washed yours yet?

Probably won't shrink much; maybe the inseam. If they start to stink, you could always throw them in freezer......

I AM worried about blowing out the crotch though, although it might be interesting to see what they look like with it reinforced with D85 denim

Since you're riding a bike, I reckon they'll probably tear at some point. It'd be surprising if they don't.

Oh, and the new No.4 denim is 15oz apparently, and made on newly constructed looms...very smooth, not to my liking at all..

Vintage denim enthusiast aren't too keen on open-yarn denim. It's too perfect.

Probably won't shrink much; maybe the inseam. If they start to stink, you could always throw them in freezer...Since you're riding a bike, I reckon they'll probably tear at some point. It'd be surprising if they don't....Vintage denim enthusiast aren't too keen on open-yarn denim. It's too perfect.

If they start to stink then I'll wash them, simple as. I don't want the fabric to become damaged due to a build-up of dirt etc. The only reason I'm not washing at the moment is because the crotch hangs low, even why riding, so sweat tends to evaporate instead of soaking the denim, like the 2000s.

It's a shame the camera doesn't pick up the dusky kinda sheen the denim has after a couple of months, nor the subtle fades, as they're starting to look good...

The only reason I'm not washing at the moment is because the crotch hangs low, even why riding, so sweat tends to evaporate instead of soaking the denim, like the 2000s.

I guess that has something to do with the Wrangler inspired cowboy-esque design, particularly the higher rise. Supposed to be more comfortable when riding.

I'd like to see if the crotch even rips.....Just to really see the functionality of such a design.

Some info on the Japanese denim used by Evisu, courtesy of a reply to a query I had about the Yamane mizuhiki jeans:

Hi Ben-

These are beautiful jeans- good find! Yes you’re right they definitely look genuine.

As for the denim, it’s slightly complicated. I believe the Mizuhiki jeans were sanforized, so they’re not No0, which is unsanforized,

Contrary to popular belief, Evisu Japan’s denims actually change pretty regularly (whenever the factory reaches the end of the lot of cloth and has to weave new denim), so for instance No1SPECIAL will be different from different years (sometimes marked by a different selvage eg. Silverline, Redline, or Tiger). No0, like No1, is unsanforized, and is differentiated by the nep (slub) count, which is higher than No1. As you know, these are Yamane Deluxe jeans, which are less easy to classify than standard Evis(u), as they are Yamane-san’s experimental private stock, often using short lengths of deadstock, left-over, or sample runs of denim. Also they are pretty old (early 90s I think) which makes it even harder! I don’t think they are the standard No2 sanforized denim, as this would not normally have been used for the Deluxe line, and they should be black line selvage (from memory, and on Kwan’s pair), rather than the standard Tiger (black/yellow) selvage, although as above this isn’t conclusive. So to answer your question- I’m pretty sure they’re not No0, but they may well be a similar denim that has been sanforized, and in any case they’re a beautiful pair of jeans, and a piece of history! Incidentally the bow embroidery is taken from traditional Japanese present wrapping decoration, and marks it as a special ‘celebration’ jean.

Sorry for the rather round-about answer, but I hope it helps. Enjoy the jeans and let us know if you ever have any other queries.