Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Ive done this with No.1's and No.2's. I soaked them in a bath with just hot water for about 40 mins. Also to make it extra hot I added 1 pot of boiling water but you gotta be careful with too much boiling water as it will fuck up the patch if the waters too hot. I had no indigo loss, just starch (think the water turned yellowish).

Just hang dry outside or if you want to wear wet to have them sort of mold to your body just watch out for knee bulge, try to keep your legs straight and not bend too much. Maybe if you're wanting to shrink the waist dont put any pressure on them and just hangdry.

My method for max shrinkage is to hot soak then tumble dry inside out in a laundry bag with some towels (to cushion against dryer creases). Takes a while to do this but it minimizes indigo loss. I've started doing it right off the bat with anything unsanforized.

The jeans are here. I'll get some photos up tomorrow. These aren't the blue gulls I've been lusting after! It was hard to know with the bad photos and the one-wash. My suspicion is that they are a D80 variant with some slightly different details, namely the dark navy gulls instead of black, and UFO rivets instead of burr rivets. Basically, I think they are the pair on the right in this photo:

image.png

btw, did cheep fade those for evisu?

In any case I'm happy because I have wanted another pair of these as well. The quest for the streaky greencast #1 continues.

They'll turn out nice when the denim becomes really light and worn but the gulls are still dark. Should be a good evo

I'll get a side-by-side with my faded pair. It will probably be a bit like that photo ^ lol. Yes, I think the navy will be a nicer look once they're beat and faded to hell. I'm wearing them today to get the fit started, will get pics.

is this correct?

Lot.2000 has a tapered leg?

Lot.2001 has a straight leg?

is there anywhere online that defines all the cuts? lot 2000, 2001, 2004 etc.?

some useful info on the front page of this thread.

here it is...

2001 - evisu basic cut, button fly, hidden rivet, gull back pocket

2002 - same as 2001, but with zipper fly

2000 - a little more straight silhouette compared to 2001

2000Z - 2000 cut with zipper fly

2004 - buckleback, slightly looser than 2001

2005 - slim straight, even slimmer than 2000, zipper fly

2017 - boot-cut, zipper fly

2101 - lee styled back pocket, but with white paint mark. left hand twill (!)

yamane deluxe - wrangler styled back pocket, very slubby denim with lots of neps.

one correction to the above: lot 2004 is the same silhouette as 2001.

many evis models have unusual lot models, and seem to have only been produced in very limited runs (maybe just one-offs?).

currently available models are on, naturally, evisu.jp. i'm getting more and more tempted by lot 2018...

I actually have that list saved on my phone now, since it used to be so hard to find in this thread. Glad it's on the front page now.

On an unrelated note, I'm really liking my no.1 2000s that I bought from a member here last year. I usually buy a new pair of jeans in June or July and wear them for a year, but I think I'm going to stretch these to two years. If I get something new, it's only because these are a little on the short side with anything other than boots.

some useful info on the front page of this thread.

one correction to the above: lot 2004 is the same silhouette as 2001.

many evis models have unusual lot models, and seem to have only been produced in very limited runs (maybe just one-offs?).

currently available models are on, naturally, evisu.jp. i'm getting more and more tempted by lot 2018...

Took some quick measurements on the legs of these, all raw, Both No.1 denim and LHT for the leepro's.

3som3.jpg

Upper Thigh : 12.5

Knee : 9.25

Leg Opening : 7.5

Upper Thigh : 13

Knee : 9.75

Leg Opening : 8.25

Upper Thigh : 12

Also thought id take a shot of these Yamane Deluxe before they start getting to worn/dirty. Wearing these everyday so hopefully will get some good evo out of them.

YDB.jpg

YDF.jpg

Took some quick measurements on the legs of these, all raw, Both No.1 denim and LHT for the leepro's.

3som3.jpg

Upper Thigh : 12.5

Upper Thigh : 13

Knee : 9.75

Leg Opening : 8.25

Upper Thigh : 12

what size is the waist on those?