Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Damn cheap, those are the grey/silver selvage right? BiG is all out...you're making me want to order direct from Evisu provided it's the same batch...

I ordered mine earlier this year from Evisu-jp and it is the silver-grey selvage line. You might get these the whole year...who knows :D

as I don't wear mine that often, I really looking forward to their potential shown by cheap

So I was in a store near me and found a pair of the Evisu no 3's for $290.00 (50% off?). I tried them on and was ready to buy, when I noticed a tag that said made in Macau? Were they real or are they fakes?

woah, you can do alot better than that. I think my No.2's were that price including the proxy and shipping fee.

I pretty sure the selvage line for the No.3's is this selvage.jpg

I would recomend you give that pair a miss, the genuines are made in macau but thats probably 3 times over priced. At least what you cant get here on the market place.

The No 3 Selvedge as above is what we used to refer to as the International Model, which we mostly sold to tourists. It was the model originally available with a ringstitch penki, or printed, rather than hand painted, so it didn't have any regional variation in the penki shape. Many of us that worked there proudly wore penki marks from the shop we worked in - was a nice sort of rivalry amongst the Evis teams.

desu

Does anyone have any images of their well worn Pink Selvedge or Mikan Orange Selvedge? My pink selvedge are the nicest aging jeans I've ever owned, but would love to see how other people's have aged.

desu

The ring-stitched gulls looked like this:

dsc02270mo0.jpg

It was sold in Japan as Lot 1930, a 'lightweight' model as it was 13oz and therefore a little lighter than No.1 & 2. You can just about see the stamp on the patch:

dsc02278mn5.jpg

They have the red tab (same 'small e' as the Lot 2004s I posted the other page) but not 'Made in Japan' on the inside label as they musta been put together at the same place as the International lines. Same denim as the current International No.3/D85.

Not sure of these were ever a 'standard' model (i.e. one available most of the time), or more of a limited release. Certainly, they're not something you see pop up often at all. The silhouette is a 2001 shape, if you were wondering.

I'm going to use the tab on my Evis Yamane Deluxe when the happy day arrives when I start wearing them... :)

Ethan, I can see why you would wear it proudly, I would have too! can you by chance post a pic of the style of penki from the ere of your shop? I always like seeing the different shapes that have come and gone through the years. I am pretty hyped on the penki shapes that CTB received with his black gulls. hope to get something similar when I order mine.

P6263326.jpg

Not the best image of it, as I've done my best to wear it down,. but that is the penki from Daikanyama. I will order a new pair of No 1's next time I speak to a friend in the Yokohama store, so I'll ask him to paint something interesting. For a while we all had only the right back pocket painted in white, so I may do that again.

desu

Does anyone have any images of their well worn Pink Selvedge or Mikan Orange Selvedge? My pink selvedge are the nicest aging jeans I've ever owned, but would love to see how other people's have aged.

desu

See, now you're just being plain mean....Post pictures of yours please! ;):P

And on another note, do tell us your thoughts on the latest No.1 batch when you order your pair

Will do, A - I'll bring them with me to work tomorrow and try to get some true images.

Can't bring me to call you buy that name - Zen zen aho pokunai, kara! Nande sono onamae, nano? Chotto hen, jyanai?

desu

50 plus posts!! happy days....

^Always out of rep for you ethan! Looking forward to your pictures...As far as the aho name, it stuck with me when I lived in Japan for some reason....Friends called me "A-Ho" (like J.Lo.......) and somehow A-Ho and aho became interchangeable (I lived in Kyoto/Kansai region dakara so I head many friends from Osaka etc.)...Wish I had a better story to tell than that but thats how I earned the name in reality. I like to use it, because clearly, I am no expert on this denim game but still enjoy learning more especially through posts like yours!

So I was in a store near me and found a pair of the Evisu no 3's for $290.00 (50% off?). I tried them on and was ready to buy, when I noticed a tag that said made in Macau? Were they real or are they fakes?

tht is real dude. macau do produce evisu.

P6263326.jpg

Not the best image of it, as I've done my best to wear it down,. but that is the penki from Daikanyama. I will order a new pair of No 1's next time I speak to a friend in the Yokohama store, so I'll ask him to paint something interesting. For a while we all had only the right back pocket painted in white, so I may do that again.

desu

im looking to get 1 in no 1 too buddy maybe you can tell your friend in daikanyama ( the bald with beard guy) to make it 2? how do these shrink? size?

Hey, does anyone know if there are differences between different no.2 made in japan denim? My lot 2001 big E no.2s have a greenish tinge to them, however my lot 2000 small E no.2s have a purplish tinge to them.

I was hoping both the no.2s would be the same and have that greenish tinge to them... :/ Is the differences because of the small E and the big E tabs? Are the small E ones the older ones? As they fade will they get that greenish tinge to them at all?

@ethandesu: great pics/stories!

A pair of Evisu Lot #2000 No.1s (Grey/silver selvage), which I had chainstitch hemmed at the knee. There was previously a nasty tear, and rather than patching it up or leaving it hanging, the hot weather called for a new pair of shorts. So in this occasion I present the Evisu Lot #2000 No.1 shorts:

Evisu+Japan+2000+2.bmp

Evisu+Japan+2000+1.bmp

Seagull hand painted by Masumi, and Evisu in Japanese hand painted by Kanji. Incidently, this combo is used on some of the 20th anniversary Evisu MiJ jeans.

i was hoping as it faded, the greenish tinge would show more.... the puple just isnt my thing though the fits great. would have been nice if they had different lot numbers or denim numbers for denim thats differently dyed -.-

anyone own that purplish denim (no2) or got any fade pics of them?