Evisu is still loved!

benzak

i had the impression that it was evisu japan that got sued by levis back in the 90s. levis argued (successfully) that 'evis' was too close to 'levis', that's why they changed the name of the brand from 'evis' to 'evisu'.

?

someone drop some knowledge on us!

You are correct, but I only think the lawsuit pertained to imported jeans with the Red Tab. That's why BiG has to cut the tabs off. Since they are in their country of origin the lawsuit must have not carried over.

Yeah! Someone drop some Knowledge on us!!!

^^ you're missing the point. ^^

I'm pretty sure there were two outcomes of the lawsuit against evis/u japan in the 90s:

- no red tabs outside of japan.

- change name from 'evis' to 'evisu' - they were required to do this both within japan and in their other markets.

these jeans are from japan, so the red tab is ok. but as far as i know, even the japanese evisu are not allowed to be called 'evis' anymore.

Coleslaw,

Nice fit , jeans and book. Yeah my lady bought me that book, but is making me wait till Christmas to give it to me. What a pain!!!

I was thinking it doesn't matter what cut or style just as long as they are Deluxe! Get at least 5 of us on here involved minimum and have us wear them for a year and do monthly post!

im kool just i get mine on dec 25th............

I'm pretty sure there were two outcomes of the lawsuit against evis/u japan in the 90s:

- change name from 'evis' to 'evisu' - they were required to do this both within japan and in their other markets.

these jeans are from japan, so the red tab is ok. but as far as i know, even the japanese evisu are not allowed to be called 'evis' anymore.

From my understanding, Levi's did sue Evisu over the name Evis, but I believe the case was dismissed-or something- because the jusdge figured folks wouldn't get the two confused. However, Evis had to change its name/design outside japan.

You are certainly right about 1. Evisu were forced to cut off red tabs for overseas market, but retained them in Japan.

I now suspect that they stopped using the 'Evis' name in Japan simply so they could standardise the name worldwide. In fact, for a time they seemed to disown the Evis name, or at least wipe it out of their corporate history. Now they seem to be reviving it a a part of general nostalgia for their early history.

Similarly, in the early days they did very specific repros of pants and jackets by Levi's Lee and Wrangler. Then dropped them in the late 90s. Now they're pushing those models again, and I guess reviving the Evis name is a part of that.

I do know one guy who was part of the old lawsuit (on Levi's side, sorry!), I'll ask when I see him next...

thanks for making sense of it all Paul T, much appreciated :)

on the topic of the leepros -

i sent an email of evisu customer service last week - apparently they're not doing the no. 13 denim in the 0005 cut anymore, but in a new 'skinny' cut called the 200. they weren't any more specific than that.

anyone else got info on this?

HAHAHHA!! lol.

on the topic of the leepros -

i sent an email of evisu customer service last week - apparently they're not doing the no. 13 denim in the 0005 cut anymore, but in a new 'skinny' cut called the 200. they weren't any more specific than that.

Weird, but they are supposedly making other No. 13 jeans.

You are certainly right about 1. Evisu were forced to cut off red tabs for overseas market, but retained them in Japan.
I now suspect that they stopped using the 'Evis' name in Japan simply so they could standardise the name worldwide. In fact, for a time they seemed to disown the Evis name, or at least wipe it out of their corporate history. Now they seem to be reviving it a a part of general nostalgia for their early history.

I guess they figured, since they couldn't be called Evis outside of Japan (not to mention their increasing popularity), they might as well go with Evisu.

I do know one guy who was part of the old lawsuit (on Levi's side, sorry!), I'll ask when I see him next.

I lost a lot of respect for Levi's after that shit.

Nice...would have been interesting to see what they looked like when you first got them... :)

thanks CTB, one thing that was there when I first got them was a painted diacock...now only traces left on the back pockets...

and yeah, coleslawyum's jeans look great, but like him, I'm not sure I can rock the braces - makes my gut look bigger too!

hm.. so if im 34 the 36 jeans will fit me great? will they stretch?

They will shrink 2 and give back 1. What you could do also is buy them true to size and wear them while soaking. Just an idea!

lol CTB

i asked DoM for measurements two inch smaller then tagged for those kanbo's

offered 100 sent me a counter for 250!!!! working on it don't really need them but on the u.s.a site they cost like 900 dollars so its such good deal..........

I forgot what size you are Cham, but here's where I got mine from. They are 36's but most likely fit like 34's.

http://www.djpremium.com/shop/G1-V62951-R54352-P372247-Z1/evisu/evisu-deluxe-kanbo-denim-jeans.html

I forgot what size you are Cham, but here's where I got mine from. They are 36's but most likely fit like 34's.

http://www.djpremium.com/shop/G1-V62951-R54352-P372247-Z1/evisu/evisu-deluxe-kanbo-denim-jeans.html

i just got them for 140 dollars........ like 90 odd pounds... these ones have gulls so a lil different they do come up two inch's sort but at least with these deluxe they have belt loops unlike my other ones!!! just can't let my wife no or im dead meat

so selling my edwin sens nwot start at 99p good for even you americans lol check the link if you like

http://cgi5.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll

i know its the evisu thread but need em gone! fit more like 32 34

i just got them for 140 dollars........ like 90 odd pounds... these ones have gulls so a lil different they do come up two inch's sort but at least with these deluxe they have belt loops unlike my other ones!!! just can't let my wife no or im dead meat

so selling my edwin sens nwot start at 99p good for even you americans lol check the link if you like

http://cgi5.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll

i know its the evisu thread but need em gone! fit more like 32 34

I've been wanting a pair of Edwin's ever since I came across them. They are just super hard to find here(US) and when you do ppl be tax'n! Too bad they don't fit!:(