Evisu is still loved!

benzak

So Chambo, Crash and the rest of you Evisu Lovers,

I was still hoping to get a Deluxe 1 year Contest put together. Probably starting this Summer 2009. Let me know if your interested and maybe would could put our names down in Denim Fame.

Not for me, I'm afraid. I'm planning on wearing the Deluxe at some point, but can't be doing with being 'tied' to anything like that.

Good luck with it though, although you'll need to work hard to beat Rodeo Bill's Deluxe jeans posted the other day :)

Shrink 2? But the denim is sanforized.

Whoops!!! Got Ohh AN and Maruka questions mixxed up!

Not for me, I'm afraid. I'm planning on wearing the Deluxe at some point, but can't be doing with being 'tied' to anything like that.

Good luck with it though, although you'll need to work hard to beat Rodeo Bill's Deluxe jeans posted the other day :)

Believe me! I'll give it my all. Especially with a jean that beautiful from the start!

I'm still not sure about this 'D85 is hard to fade' business, I doubt it'd be more thoroughly dyed than Deluxe or No.1 denim...I can see that it would probably be more difficult to get contrasting fades though, that seems to be apparent just from the feel of the denim...

I think that the Lot 1930 jeans I'm hoping to have soon are made of D85 denim, but the jeans themselves were manufactured for the Japanese market. They were sold there as 'lightweight' (i.e. 13oz) jeans, with what looks like a 2001 cut. Pics to follow as and when I get my sweaty paws on them... :)

I went to both Evisu and the Yamane store today and I must say I was disappointed with Evisu, whatever interesting stuff there was was at Yamane, but most of it was overly branded in a tacky way. A pair of jeans with a bright pink warp made me smile though...

Some part of me was still considering getting a pair of unpainted No.1 2000's for Nostalgia's sake, not after having visited the store... They were pricey aswell...

What was so disappointing with the Evisu shop CD?

It must have been something to put you off getting some No.1s...

I agree somewhat with what Cotton said. It's true the product in the Evisu stores in Japan are stuck somewhere between streetwear/hiphop/repro/vintage/weirdjapanese aesthetics. The product has looked less spetacular than a few years back. But I still have fond memories of this brand and some pieces still are the shit.

I think I'll still be a fan for a long time, if only for nostalgia's sake, because Evisu really introduced me to repro denim. Like this catalog I posted last year. This brings a tear to my eye.

What was so disappointing with the Evisu shop CD?

It must have been something to put you off getting some No.1s...

Everything about the shop was tacky to me, the music played (Fucking Madonna and hip hop crap), the staff who hardly gave me attention (not that I needed it, but I'm decked out in denim and indigo head to toe, it sparks most people in stores interest), the fact that they had hardly any interesting jeans, only 2000's and 2001's, no Lee inspired stuff, no dowluck.

I thought there would be a shitload of painted backpocket designs, but it was mostly different colors.

All the other clothing in the store was straight up tacky.

With regards to a pair of blank No.1's, there is far better denim to be found quality wise for that price or less...

But that's just me...

With regards to a pair of blank No.1's, there is far better denim to be found quality wise for that price or less...

Cotton, what denim do you prefer?

I have always heard that the Evisu No.1 denim is some of the best, although I haven't personally handled it.

Yeah I own a pair of blank-pocket lot 2000 #1's and it's one of my favorite pairs--but I do get your point. I prefer them to my samurais and sugar cane jeans but they're still pricey. But the details are nice--the extra thick front pocket edge, the crotch rivet, the half-line back pockets....The denim is nice too, and they feel better and better with time. But is it worth the $? To me it is, but I definitely see your point.